Islamic Forum
Nughair

Destruction Caused By The Saudis

asalam alaikum

i dont know if this question belongs here but i want to know why have the saudis destroyed almost everything related to our Dear Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam times? is it ok IslamICALLAY?

they claim that people will start worshipping it? but it appears to be a lame excuse. People dont worship the Grave of Our Dear PROPHET MUHAMMAD SALLALLAHO ALAIHI WASALLAM, why would they worship things related to him (Sallallaho alaihi wasallam)?

PropellerAds

They have no right to destroy the something related to Prophet Muhammad(SAW). It indeed a very bad thing. Off course we will not worship him but love him. We only worship and glorify Allah(SWT). And follow his messenger's sunnahs.

It is a lame excuse, we know what we are doing but i dont know why they are destroying it.

Uhh What do you mean they destroyed his house? Any source I can read more info on this?

Also, there is no such thing as a "Wahabi". We need to stop labelling each other with such names. Shaykh Muhamad bin Abdul Wahab was a great scholar.

Anyways, I want to read more into this before I can comment. The Saudi government obviously is corrupt.. not just that.. they are traitors.

Asslamu alikum brothers ,,

Are you sure that Saudis destroyed prophet Muhammed's house ?

I don't think so .

Can you give me the source ?

Edited by Proud Muslima

these people who destroy it are wahabis.

Wahabis ?

Shaikh Muhammed bin Abdul Wahab followed the Qur'an and the Sunnah in his Da'wa , he didn't create another religion , he was a scholar and a great scholar and those who follow him , they follow deen Allah and the Sunnah !!

I am very very very sorry if i had made wrong comment. But i do not really know what is going on there. I love all muslims we worship Allah and follow his messengers Sunnahs. But i don't know why there are many different sects and everyone throws criticisms each other and it makes me very sad stuff like innovation. It is all complicated and i now call myself muslim and we are all muslims. but what does this hadith mean "my Ummah will be divided into 73 sects, one of which will be in Paradise and 72 will be in the Fire.†It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they?

He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.â€

Makkah ’s Historical Islamic Sites Under Attack by Money and Extremism

By SALAH NASRAWI, Associated Press Writer Sun Aug 12, 11:55 AM ET

Makkah , Saudi Arabia – These days it’s easier to find a Cinnabon in Mecca than the house where the Prophet Muhammad was born.

The ancient sites in Islam’s holiest city are under attack from both money and extreme religion. Developers are building giant glass and marble towers that loom over the revered Kaaba which millions of Muslims face in their daily prayers. At the same time, religious zealots continue to work, as they have for decades, to destroy landmarks that they say encourage the worship of idols instead of God.

As a result, some complain that the kingdom’s Islamic austerity and oil-stoked capitalism are robbing this city of its history.

“To me, Mecca is not a city. It is a sanctuary. It is a place of diversity and tolerance. … Unfortunately it isn’t anymore,†said Sami Angawi, a Saudi architect who has devoted his life to preserving what remains of the area’s history. “Every day you come and see the buildings becoming bigger and bigger and higher and higher.â€

Abraj al-Bait is a complex of seven towers, some of them still under construction, rising only yards from the Kaaba, the cube-like black shrine at the center of Muslim worship in Mecca. “Be a neighbor to the Prophet,†promises an Arabic-language newspaper ad for apartments there.

The towers are the biggest of the giant construction projects that have gone up in recent years, as the number of Muslims attending the hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca, has swelled to nearly 4 million last year. Saudi Arabia is trying to better serve the growing upscale end of the pilgrimage crowd, while investors — many of them members of the Saudi royal family — realize the huge profits to be made.

Saudi Arabia boasts that Abraj al-Bait — Arabic for “Towers of the House,†referring to the Kaaba’s nickname, “the house of God†— will be the largest building in the world in terms of floor space. Developers have said the completed building will total 15.6 million square feet — more than twice the floor space of the Pentagon, the largest in the United States.

Three of the towers, each nearly 30 stories, are already completed, and the others are rapidly going up. A mall at their base has already opened, where customers — many of them in the simple white robes of pilgrims — shop at international chains such as The Body Shop and eat at fast-food restaurants. Other nearby complexes include upscale hotels.

The building boom is in some cases destroying Mecca’s historic heritage, not just overshadowing it. In 2002, Saudi authorities tore down a 200-year-old fort built by the city’s then-rulers, the Ottomans, on a hill overlooking the Kaaba to build a multi-million-dollar housing complex for pilgrims .

The holy sites have also been targeted for decades by the clerics who give Saudi Arabia’s leadership religious legitimacy. In their puritanical Wahhabi view, worship at historic sites connected to mere mortals — such as Muhammad or his contemporaries — can easily become a form of idolatry. (Worship at the Kabaa, which is ordered in the Quran, is an exception.)

“Obviously, this is an exaggerated interpretation. But unfortunately, it is favored among officials,†said Anwar Eshky, a Saudi analyst and head of a Jiddah-based research center.

The house where Muhammad (s) is believed to have been born in 570 now lies under a rundown building overshadowed by a giant royal palace and hotel towers. The then king, Abdul-Aziz, ordered a library built on top of the site 70 years ago as a compromise after Wahhabi clerics called for it to be torn down.

Other sites disappeared long ago, as Saudi authorities expanded the Grand Masjid around the Kaaba in the 1980s. The house of Khadija (RAA), Muhammad’s( PBUH) first wife, where Muslims believe he received some of the first revelations of the Quran, was lost under the construction, as was the Dar al-Arqam, the first Islamic school, where Muhammad (s) taught.

again im very sorry did i do sort of blasmephy thing.

Asslamu alikum ..

I am very very very sorry if i had made wrong comment.

You don't have to be sorry brother , we just wanted to tell you that the Wahabis ( As you called them ) are following the Qur'an and the Sunnah , and Sheikh Muhammed Bin Abdul Wahab used the Qur'an and the Sunnah in his Da'wa , also you should know that Wahabia ÇáæåÇÈíÉ is not a sect and it doesn't fall within the sects mentioned in the hadeeth ..

Then i want us all to be called as Muslims who off course worship Allah and follow his messengers sunnah. When i first learned about different schools of Islam it was very hard for me to learn. Phew that wahabis are good muslim. Thats good.

People who follow Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab are called Wahabis. Even though they shouldn't be called that because theres no such thing as Wahabism. Muhamad bin Abdul Wahab used to teach Islam not some 'wahabism'. SO they are Muslims like us.

BUT you should not confuse the Saudi government. They are evil and corrupt for their treachery to Islam and the Muslims even though they claim to follow Islam and the teachings of Muhamad bin Abdul Wahab.

Are Saudi government really deailng with the west.

no doubt about that.Not only the saudis but almost all of the muslim countries have kings,monarchs or dictators that are allies of the west. They have kept the muslim nation backward and the only thing they are promoting is westernisation. Muslim countries hardly have any technology of any sort and their markets are full of imported stuff.

If u look at the map of israel it is surrounded by muslim countries that are all westeren allies and are protecting israel. Look at Pakistan,it has been destroying Afghanistan since 1977 and now it is involved in genocide of its own pashtoon population in areas adjacent to afghanistan in the name of terrrorism or taliban.

Anyways the saudis have even flattened out all the graves in Jannat-ul-Baqi, the graveyard where Great Companions of Prophet Muhammad( sallallaho alaihi wasallam)have been buried.

I'm not saying that it's OK ot destroy the prophets stuff I'm saying that it prevent people from committing shirk. During hajj many people go to the Prophet Mohammed (S.A>W) 's grave and ask him for blessings instead of asking Allah. I think the Saudis are just trying to prevent that from happenning but I think there are better ways of doing that. :sl:

During hajj many people go to the Prophet Mohammed (S.A>W) 's grave and ask him for blessings instead of asking Allah.

You mean shirk like this:

THE HADITH OF THE BLIND MAN

þÃÃ节 þ þãÃãæà Èä ÛíáÇä þ þÃÃ节 þ þÚËãÇä Èä ÚãÑ þ þÃÃ节 þ þÔÚÈÉ þ þÚä þ þÃÈí ÌÚÃÑ þ þÚä þ þÚãÇÑÉ Èä ÎÒíãÉ Èä ËÇÈÊ þ þÚä þ þÚËãÇä Èä Ãäíà þ þÃä ÑÌáÇ þ þÖÑíÑ ÇáÈÕÑ þ þÃÊì ÇáäÈí þ þÕáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã þ þÃÞÇá ÇÃÚ Çááå Ãä íÚÇÃíäí ÞÇá þ þÅä ÔÆÊ ÃÚæÊ æÅä ÔÆÊ ÕÈÑÊ Ãåæ 뒄 áß ÞÇá þ þÃÇÃÚå ÞÇá ÃÃãÑå Ãä íÊæÖà ÃíÃÓä æÖæÃÃ¥ æíÃÚæ ÈåÃÇ ÇáÃÚÇà Çááåã Åäí ÃÓÃáß æÃÊæÌå Åáíß ÈäÈíß þ þãÃãà þ þäÈí ÇáÑÃãÉ þ þÅäí þ þÊæÌåÊ Èß þ þÅáì ÑÈí Ãí ÃÇÌÊí Ã¥ÃÃ¥ þ þáÊÞÖì þ þáí Çááåã þ þÃÔÃÚå þ þÃí

Tirmidhi relates, through his chain of narrators from 'Uthman ibn Hunayf, that a blind man came to the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) and said,

"I've been afflicted in my eyesight, so please pray to Allah for me." The Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) said: "Go make ablution (wudu), perform two rak'as of prayer, and then say:

"Oh Allah, I ask You and turn to You through my Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of mercy; O Muhammad (Ya Muhammad), I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight [and in another version: "for my need, that it may be fulfilled. O Allah, grant him intercession for me"]."

The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) added, "And if there is some need, do the same."

Oppps I just opened a can of worms I couldn't be bothered discussing.

:sl:

Discussion of tawassul is prohibited on the forum.

I am very very very sorry if i had made wrong comment. But i do not really know what is going on there. I love all muslims we worship Allah and follow his messengers Sunnahs. But i don't know why there are many different sects and everyone throws criticisms each other and it makes me very sad stuff like innovation. It is all complicated and i now call myself muslim and we are all muslims. but what does this hadith mean "my Ummah will be divided into 73 sects, one of which will be in Paradise and 72 will be in the Fire.†It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they?

again im very sorry did i do sort of blasmephy thing.

:sl:

Discussion of tawassul is prohibited on the forum.

Since the division discussion is not part of tawassul i'm going to take the liberty to discussing it.

I think the hadeeth is trying to say that basically the muslim people will follow what division has become of the nasara(christians) and the yahoods (jewish).

notice that the origin of the division was 71 from the jewish, this is the division from the true deen tawheedullah (the oneness of Allah).

then came christianity so it became 72 (that is jewish division + the christian version of the division)..

then comes Islam..and it became 73 (the previous divisions + the muslim version of the division)..

there is only 1 that survives the whole division problem that is the original deen..tawheedullah..

another point to make is that nowadays muslims are becoming westernised and modernised, whatever the meaning of modernised is.

this could also be in the light of these divisions.. because basically we are following whatever the jewish thoughts have laid out, if you look at

the nobel prize winners you'll know what i mean..

so i think an effort should be made to identify what caused the devision in the jewish faith.. what criteria is used to divide them into 71..

btw 71 is a prime number, so that has a quality to be considered.. so i think that we can safely assume that it is divided into 71 distinct orthogonal factors..

another point to make on the issue of grave worshipping or whatever you may call it..

is that in soorah alkahf, there is an example (and it's authorized by the quran)

that people are allowed to take historical sites as places of rememberance..

æóßóÃóáößó ÃóÚúËóÑúäóÇ Úóáóíúåöãú áöíóÚúáóãõæÇ Ãóäøó æóÚúÃó Çááøóåö ÃóÞøñ æóÃóäøó ÇáÓøóÇÚóÉó áóÇ ÑóíúÈó ÃöíåóÇ ÅöÃú íóÊóäóÇÒóÚõæäó Èóíúäóåõãú ÃóãúÑóåõãú ÃóÞóÇáõæÇ ÇÈúäõæÇ Úóáóíúåöãú ÈõäúíóÇäðÇ ÑóÈøõåõãú ÃóÚúáóãõ Èöåöãú ÞóÇáó ÇáøóÃöíäó ÛóáóÈõæÇ Úóáóì ÃóãúÑöåöãú áóäóÊøóÎöÃóäøó Úóáóíúåöãú ãóÓúÌöÃðÇ (21)

in fact ãóÓúÌöÃðÇ is more of a place of worship..

i suppose to remind ourselves where we are and where we will be going..

wallahu3alam

so i think an effort should be made to identify what caused the devision in the jewish faith.. what criteria is used to divide them into 71..

MarshAllah, I love the way you are thinking. Shaykh Naeem Abdul Wali has a lovely set of lectures addressing the early Judaism. Found here though part 3 is missing: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicmedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/speaker.php?num=60"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicmedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/speaker.php?num=60[/url]

btw 71 is a prime number, so that has a quality to be considered.. so i think that we can safely assume that it is divided into 71 distinct orthogonal factors..

Another way to look at it: 70 is a number used in Arabic to indicate a lot. We say "I told you a million times" they Arabs used to say "I told you 70 times". Perhaps 71 just refers to a lot of sects? Allahu Allam

The place is getting either reconstructed, or something...

When people write five paragraphs backbiting Saudis, I have no thing nice to say!

I could do the same to other countries. Especially Europe that is filled with Sufis.

I have to agree with the backbiting part. There is no benefit discussing how bad things are if we cant change them.

Not sure why you need to drag sufis (whatever that means) into this though.

Edited by Aussie

MarshAllah, I love the way you are thinking. Shaykh Naeem Abdul Wali has a lovely set of lectures addressing the early Judaism. Found here though part 3 is missing: you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicmedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/speaker.php?num=60

Another way to look at it: 70 is a number used in Arabic to indicate a lot. We say "I told you a million times" they Arabs used to say "I told you 70 times". Perhaps 71 just refers to a lot of sects? Allahu Allam

Allahu Akbar brother Ausie

All praise due to Allah swt.. :sl:

jazakallah for your kind words.. :sl:

and jazakallah for the link

sab3/7/ÓÈÚ sometime it means many also..

I just hope that the muslim ummah would wake up from the slumber they're in and act decisivley once and for all..

Last time I checked, the kuffar were the ones who has something against Saudia Arabia. I guess some Muslims do too forgetting that their Muslim countries haven't taught people not to commit shirk.

Saudi Arabia is one of the most religious countrIes on the Earth. They rule the most by Sharia and they have been fighting to keep it religious for years. Allah chose them to be the protectors of Kabah and I can go for ever. Not to mention the Duas the Prophet, sall-Allahu alayh wa salam made. How much He loved Medina and Mecca. ......

Saudi Arabia is not the unIslamic country here.

Let's talk about the ones that are.

Edited by Orthodox

Last time I checked, the kuffar were the ones who has something against Saudia Arabia.

last time i checked, saudi arabia was a us proxy. the us is very fond of saudi arabia.

I guess some Muslims do too forgetting that their Muslim countries haven't taught people not to commit shirk.

some muslims remember that saudi arabia was born from the saud family fighting the muslims for their own nationalist agenda.

Saudi Arabia is one of the most religious countrIes on the Earth.

except they are allies of usa.

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

5:51

They rule the most by Sharia and they have been fighting to keep it religious for years.

they rule by their concept of sharia when it suits them. perhaps in your opinion the sharia of Allah forbids women from driving cars, but that certainly is not my understanding of sharia. they have been fighting reform for years. perhaps in your opinion kings and monarchs is acceptable in the sharia of Islam, but most muslims do not.

Allah chose them to be the protectors of Kabah and I can go for ever.

and a fine job they are doing by starving their people whilst living in lavish palaces and befriending the usa.

Not to mention the Duas the Prophet, sall-Allahu alayh wa salam made. How much He loved Medina and Mecca. ......

he loved medina and mecca but he hated kings and monarchs

Saudi Arabia is not the unIslamic country here.

yes, it is.