Islamic Forum
bipolarmania

"pairs" Being Mentioned In The Qur'an

Salaam Alykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh :sl:

Hello my brothers and sisters in Islam and my brothers and sisters in humanity! I would have two questions, the first, how are you today? :sl: I hope great insha'Allah :no:

And my second and the point of this topic, the Qur'an mentions somewhere (sorry I forgot where :D ) that everything is made in pairs. And then a friend of mine brought it to my attention that plants do not have pairs. And other things do not have pairs. So what is the meaning of this verse then? Does it only apply to animals? or what?

I know this was asked on here before but I can not find it :D sorry for that :D

I hope you all have a great week, better yet a great life and a great hereafter :j:

Ameen.

PropellerAds

Well all living things contain chromosomes which are in pairs. Also even plants need to cross pollinate to reproduce so they are still made in pairs.

:sl:

Brother Skenderbeu is right that plants do have male and female reproductive parts. Stamen, carpels, pistil, ovaries, etc, found in flowers. Trees also have ovules or pollen, which means they have either female or male structures. In plants in general, two haploid reproductive cells join in one of those stages, forgot what it was called. Been a while since I took botany related biology classes.

Salam

Even in Chemistry, there is a negative charge and a positive charge. Everything is made from those charges.

Salamo alykum

But what about Angels? their are no female angels. And angels are made out of light, and light is photons, which have no pairs since i htink they do not even have protons/electrons. Can someone help me answer this?

Walkyum alsalm

What makes up Jinn then? What pairs are they made out of ?

well angels and jins are created out of fire and light respectively, but than we are created out of clay. But we are not clay Now, we are flash,etc

so maybe they were originated form light and fire, but now they are made out of somthign else which does have a pair...

What makes up Jinn then? What pairs are they made out of ?

There are male and female jinns - this is confirmed by a number of hadith such as:

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 206:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

I never heard 'Umar saying about something that he thought it would be so-and-so, but he was quite right. Once, while 'Umar was sitting, a handsome man passed by him, 'Umar said, "If I am not wrong, this person is still on his religion of the pre-lslamic period of ignorance or he was their foreteller. Call the man to me." When the man was called to him, he told him of his thought. The man said, "I have never seen such a day on which a Muslim is faced with such an accusation." 'Umar said, "I am determined that you should tell me the truth." He said, "I was a foreteller in the pre-lslamic period of ignorance." Then 'Umar said, "Tell me the most astonishing thing your female Jinn has told you of." He said, "One-day while I was in the market, she came to me scared and said, 'Haven't you seen the Jinns and their despair and they were overthrown after their defeat (and prevented from listening to the news of the heaven) so that they (stopped going to the sky and) kept following camel-riders (i.e. 'Arabs)?" 'Umar said, "He is right." and added, "One day while I was near their idols, there came a man with a calf and slaughtered it as a sacrifice (for the idols). An (unseen) creature shouted at him, and I have never heard harsher than his voice. He was crying, 'O you bold evil-doer! A matter of success! An eloquent man is saying: None has the right to be worshipped except you (O Allah).' On that the people fled, but I said, 'I shall not go away till I know what is behind this.' Then the cry came again: 'O you bold evil-doer! A matter of success! An eloquent man is saying: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.' I then went away and a few days later it was said, "A prophet has appeared."

There are male and female jinns - this is confirmed by a number of hadith such as:

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 206:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

I never heard 'Umar saying about something that he thought it would be so-and-so, but he was quite right. Once, while 'Umar was sitting, a handsome man passed by him, 'Umar said, "If I am not wrong, this person is still on his religion of the pre-lslamic period of ignorance or he was their foreteller. Call the man to me." When the man was called to him, he told him of his thought. The man said, "I have never seen such a day on which a Muslim is faced with such an accusation." 'Umar said, "I am determined that you should tell me the truth." He said, "I was a foreteller in the pre-lslamic period of ignorance." Then 'Umar said, "Tell me the most astonishing thing your female Jinn has told you of." He said, "One-day while I was in the market, she came to me scared and said, 'Haven't you seen the Jinns and their despair and they were overthrown after their defeat (and prevented from listening to the news of the heaven) so that they (stopped going to the sky and) kept following camel-riders (i.e. 'Arabs)?" 'Umar said, "He is right." and added, "One day while I was near their idols, there came a man with a calf and slaughtered it as a sacrifice (for the idols). An (unseen) creature shouted at him, and I have never heard harsher than his voice. He was crying, 'O you bold evil-doer! A matter of success! An eloquent man is saying: None has the right to be worshipped except you (O Allah).' On that the people fled, but I said, 'I shall not go away till I know what is behind this.' Then the cry came again: 'O you bold evil-doer! A matter of success! An eloquent man is saying: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.' I then went away and a few days later it was said, "A prophet has appeared."

This definition of "pairs" seems to be bouncing around in this thread. First we were talking about "male and female" then pairs of chromosomes ( which are not male and female) and then positive and negative electrons. I was asking the duopoly of what jinn composed of as per everything is made up of two things, not whether there are male and female jinn. If we are talking about the duality in all things a la yin and yang this is simply not true ( or at least in some object sense), if we are talking about all living things created male and female this isn't true either and if we are talking about all living things made out of pairs of chromosomes this isn't true either. I would suggest everyone getting on the same page as to the interpretation of the verse before handing out evidence.

Bipolarmania,

Everything indeed is made of pairs as is mentioned in the holy Quran.

Scientists have discovered that the atom has a pair which is the anti-atom.

So this world too must have a pair, and that is the hereafter.

I'm curious Tolerance, what would be the pair to a single celled organism that reproduces asexually?

Edited by the sad clown

I'm curious Tolerance, what would be the pair to a single celled organism that reproduces asexually?

I wouldn't know. I don't have a strong scientific background.

That is fine. None of us are experts in every field.

"Also, the creation of creatures in pairs is another error. There are many asexual creatures like whiptail lizard, sponges, amoebas, etc. etc. who do not have pairs."

an atheist friend of mine says this...any answers?

If you are talking about the fundamental building blocks of this Universe, then so far everything exists in pairs. But a person who wants to be contrary can just start picking things and say what about this and what about that and you can go on and on. That pairs dominate the life structure on this planet, that chromosomes almost always are in sets of twos in plants, animals, bacteria, fungus, etc should be noted as true. In our social-linguistic-cultural-perceptual worlds pairs arise because we create them. Because we perceive something as beautiful, we then have created a meaning for ugliness, etc - Old master/s Lao and Chuangtzu. As to the Angels, if they are the messengers of god and we the receivers of the messages, and they are made energy, and we of matter, and they are close to god and perfect, and we are far from god and imperfect, and they bring the light of knowledge to those who live in the dark... perhaps they are our opposite. They could also be the opposites of the Jinn. The Jinn are uncontrolled energy, wavering smokeless flame. Freewilled, undependable and imperfect. They carry with them the ultimate traitor, the devourer. While the Angels are coherent energy of one purpose, one will, in line with God's Word, unfaltering for all time. Perception really.

-panentheist13