Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UmmSuleiman

Why Atheism Doesn't Make Sense

Hello everyone!

The claims of atheists regarding the non-existence of God are totally unfounded.

There's a great article written by Yunus bin Adam that clearly brings home the point that nothing makes sense except the existence of God.

I am posting below the article mentioned. It is in the form of a dialog.

-----------------------------------

Then Who Did?[using large font size is not allowed]

by Yunus bin Adam

There was once a really smart kid named Joseph who went to school one day. The teacher was teaching about evolution and was trying to convince him that God didn't exist.

Teacher: God doesn't exist. We all came into being because we evolved from apes.

Joseph: Well, I don't agree. That theory doesn't make sense. I believe that we are created by God.

Teacher: Well then, tell me how come we don't see God?

Joseph: You don't need to see Him. The Truth about His existence is crystal clear.

Teacher: How is it clear?

Joseph: (looking at the teacher's watch) Ma'am, I didn't see with my own eyes who made your watch. But I know for sure it wasn't an elephant.

Teacher: But that's common sense!

Joseph: Yes, that is common sense. You don't need to actually see with your eyes who made that watch because it is clear that only man could have made it.

Teacher: I must admit you are right about the fact that only people have the ability to make watches.

Joseph: Then isn't it clear that the sun and the moon were made by Someone who had the ability to make it? Tell me, respected teacher, if it wasn't God who made the sun and the moon, the trees and the mountains, the rivers and the oceans and you and me.......if it wasn't God who created all these things, then who did?!

Teacher: Nobody!

Joseph: Then that's like saying nobody made your watch!

Teacher: I will think about what you have said.

Joseph: I hope so, Ma'am. I truly hope so.

-----------------------------------

Yunus bin Adam is the author of The Far-Off Event, a book that invites people to think and ponder in order to arrive at the Truth.

---------------------------------------

PropellerAds

Here we go round in circles again. using the same logic, who created Allah ??

befair READ this sentence "Allah is eternal, none was before him and none will be after him." Qur'an is "crystal clear truth"

you are just being ignorant. And you people make your own god out of stone and worship it, how in the world does this make sense that is crazy.

It actually says "Say he is Allah, eternal and absolute, none was born of him nor is he born and there is none like him. Surah Ikhlas

Here we go round in circles again. using the same logic, who created Allah ??

Who created Allah?

Well befair, who cares who created Him? Does it really matter?

It's clear that God created all things. And yes, He created you. He also gave you a mind with which to think.

You cannot possess a thing if God hadn't given it to you. So pay heed to the Signs of God that are all around you.

Dear Friend Abdullah,

Say he is Allah, eternal and absolute, none was born of him nor is he born and there is none like him

is the above statement "proof" of Allah's characteristics that cannot be applied to the universe? Can I make similar conclusions from the latest Harry Potter book and post sentences from that book as "proof" of their validity?

As far as worshipping stone idols is concerned, it isnt really the stone that is worshipped. It only represents the supreme power that is believed in. It really doesnt have to be a stone at all. Anything which you think can represent god can be worshipped for the prayer to reach god. It is similar to a mother holding her child's photograph or something that belongs to the child and remembering her child...can you call the mother an idiot for remembering her child through something that she thinks represents her child ?? when you talk to your mother on the phone, are you talking to an inanimate object or are you using that object to talk to your mother ? idol worship is similar....if you care to do some research, you will find that idols of the same god look totally different depending on which part of the country you are in...which is proof that the idols are not meant to be actual likenesses of the gods, they are just mediums to reach god

If you guys are so against idol worship saying that they are created out of stone by man, then why do you get all bent out of shape when someone steps on or throws away a copy of the quran. Isnt the copy man made - pages, cover, writing etc are all by man. It is only the message that you should be concerned with and a message is an abstract concept which cannot be insulted just by stepping on the man made book that only conveys the message. Your respect for man made copies of the quran are similar to our respect for man made idols - so how are we different ?? how am I wrong and you right ??

Befair, Qur'an contains the beautiful incomparable words of Allah, a book of signs. But your religion has no proof.

Sir,

your "proof" is only words from the quran. If I write a book stating that I am god and provide my handwritten "verse" as proof, will that be accepted ?? you cant use the quran as proof of itself...logically, the proof has to come from outside the quran

I, as with other religions have my holy book too - it is called the Bhagavad Gita - but I would not say that the bhgavad gita is proof of my god either - i'd only say that its my belief

BTW, you

Sir,

your "proof" is only words from the quran. If I write a book stating that I am god and provide my handwritten "verse" as proof, will that be accepted ?? you cant use the quran as proof of itself...logically, the proof has to come from outside the quran

I, as with other religions have my holy book too - it is called the Bhagavad Gita - but I would not say that the bhgavad gita is proof of my god either - i'd only say that its my belief

BTW, you havent

Sir,

BTW, you havent replied

Sir,

BTW, you havent replied to

sorry - i pressed the post button by mistake. Pls ignore the last sentence in my earlier post "BTW, you havent replied to"

its alright about post. Anyway, Allah(SWT) has spoken in the Qur'an with wisdom. Today science discovered is in the Qur'an. There are other signs that are miracles from Allah, just try and see the pictures on the internet. no conscience

Brother Abdullah,

For every post about 1 "scientific" finding proven in the quran, there are 10 posts calling it a hoax. I am not going to bring either the for or anti Islam posts. The quran is a religious book, not a scientific piece of work. If it was that all-knowing, today's muslim world would be the most advanced in science and technology whereas it is anything but. Prophet Muhammad understood everything in the quran right - so why didnt he immediately bring the muslim world to the forefront of science and technology. The muslim world should be light years ahead of the rest of the world by this claim...

The proof of the pudding is in the eating my friend ...

err.. there wasn't any technology invented when the Qur'an was first revealed. Did you see the miracle pictures

My Friend,

Technology has been there since time immemorial. The invention of the wheel is part of technology too. Drawing water from wells, swords, bows and arrows - these are all technological inventions. It is just the pace that has picked up significantly now.

My question still stands- if the quran revealed all these scientific miracles, how come Muhammad was not able to bring the muslim world to the 21st century straight from the 6th ?

Given the fact that the muslim world is far from being in the forefront of science and technology:, one of the following statements have to be true:

The quran does not contain scientific revelations

Prophet Muhammad did not fully understand what he was hearing when the quran was revealed

My Friend,

Technology has been there since time immemorial. The invention of the wheel is part of technology too. Drawing water from wells, swords, bows and arrows - these are all technological inventions. It is just the pace that has picked up significantly now.

My question still stands- if the quran revealed all these scientific miracles, how come Muhammad was not able to bring the muslim world to the 21st century straight from the 6th ?

Given the fact that the muslim world is far from being in the forefront of science and technology:, one of the following statements have to be true:

The quran does not contain scientific revelations

Prophet Muhammad did not fully understand what he was hearing when the quran was revealed

Because you have the knowledge on how to make something on paper does not mean you can make it. We have a lot of things even today that we know how to make but because of our current technology cannot.

This thread is about the fact that God exists.

The atheists claim that God doesn't exist and refuse to use their power of reason to know this truth.

The atheists always ask the question: Who created Allah?

There is an answer to this question and a scientific answer. One need not even go to the Qur'an for the answer!

That's because the TRUTH is so clear, you need not even refer to ANY scripture.

To those who ask who created Allah, I pose to them another question.

Atheists believe that there is no God. They believe that the universe has always existed and therefore it has no creator.

Science has proven that the universe has not always existed. It came into being as the result of a big bang. The universe is in a state of expansion and there was a time when it did not exist.

Well, if something didn't exist and then it was brought into existence, then that means it was created. No other explanation would make sense.

So if you were right in saying that the universe has always existed, then science SHOULD SUPPORT THIS FACT! But it doesn't.

You dearly wish that it was true. That the universe didn't have a maker. That it has always existed. But this is false. A big lie by which many atheists delude themselves.

IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT THE UNIVERSE HAS ALWAYS EXISTED, THEN I AM READY TO CONSIDER YOUR STATEMENT THAT IT HAS NO MAKER.

BUT YOU CANNOT PROVE IT.

The fact is that this universe was created.

So if you accept this fact, then you would accept the fact that it had a MAKER.

Now you ask, who made this Maker of the universe?

Good question.

I'll certainly inform you who made Him. And it is not by referring to the Qur'an.

Nobody made the Maker. And the reason for that is............HE HAS ALWAYS EXISTED.

IF SOMETHING HAS ALWAYS EXISTED THEN IT HAS NO MAKER.

God has always existed. He WAS, IS and WILL BE. He is The First and The Last. He is The Eternal. And He is The One and Only Being who exists. Besides Him there is no other. He created all things and all things owe their existence to the ONE WHO HAS ALWAYS EXISTED.

Conclusion:

The universe has not always existed. Therefore it must have a maker.

God has always existed. Hence, He has no Maker.

>The atheists claim that God doesn't exist and refuse to use their power of reason to know this truth.

Are you trying to say that some of the greatest minds and intellects of modern times have not applied their powers of reason to the question of whether god does or doesn't exist?! The greatest and best known of these is of course Albert Einstein to quote him:

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

>To those who ask who created Allah, I pose to them another question.

You can't answer a question with another question.

>Science has proven that the universe has not always existed.

No it hasn't.

>It came into being as the result of a big bang. The universe is in a state of expansion and there was a time when it did not exist.

Actually, this is just a theory that has a lot of evidence and data to support it, it hasn't been scientifically PROVEN.

>Well, if something didn't exist and then it was brought into existence, then that means it was created. No other explanation would make sense.

No it doesn't mean it was created. The big bang theory suggests that it "just happened" and there are various models and tehories as to how but there is a very good chance we will never know because no one was there to observe it happening!

>IF YOU CAN PROVE THAT THE UNIVERSE HAS ALWAYS EXISTED, THEN I AM READY TO CONSIDER YOUR STATEMENT THAT IT HAS NO MAKER.

You ask for proof of things to but are unable to prove anything to support your hypotheses or beliefs. Prove to us that god exists beyond scriptures which were written 1500-2000 years ago.

>BUT YOU CANNOT PROVE IT.

Nor can you.

>So if you accept this fact, then you would accept the fact that it had a MAKER.

It is my belief that me, you, the world and the universe were not created by a "maker". But I can't prove it anymore than I can prove the following don't exists: unicorns, fairies, goblins, Juju, Thor, Zeus, Ra, Poseidon, Black Magic or the Higgs Boson

The point is; you can't prove something DOESN'T exist it is only possible to prove something does exist.

Some questions for you:

- Did the Big Bang happen and if so did god cause it?

- Do animals evolve? I know Muslims and Christians believe that humans didn't.

If there is a god that created us and our world, he certainly made a mess of it.

Some try to pass the responsibility for the mess from god to man by saying that man has freewill.

But if god created man with freewill, then god cannot escape the responsibility of giving freewill to man.

This above implies that it is more reasonable to NOT believe than to believe in a god that creates man and the world.

Actually, many (probably a large majority) of Christians do accept evolution, including evolution of humans. The Catholic Church accepts it, as do the more mainstream Protestant churches. If you happen to be from the US you might have a skewed idea of worldwide Christian opinion on this: widespread loony fudamentalism remains pretty much a US phenomenon.

Some questions for you:

- Did the Big Bang happen and if so did god cause it?

Here's a fact that no scientist can deny. The universe is in a state of expansion. If this is true, then there was a time when it didn't exist. Logical conclusion.

As for your second question, lions that existed millions of years ago are still the same. So are the mosquitoes. If it was true that animals and people evolved then.......we ought to see the proof in their remains over the years.....proof of their evolution.......proof of their transitional forms. Are there skeletons of birds for example where you will find a half formed wing, undergoing transition....or evolution as you call it?

A creature that lives in the sea can never leave the water and go on dry land. It would die if it did. Yet, that is precisely what the evolution theory states....that living things emerged from water.....from simple cells.

Science has proven how nonsensical the evolution theory really is.