Islamic Forum
UmmSuleiman

The Greatest Challenges Faced By Muslims

Asalam Alaykum

Waw,,there were an interesting points up there! Mash'Allah!

I do agree in almost all points which were mentioned

I believe the biggest challenge is facing Muslims,is"We are being apart from each other" .SobhanAllah,when first Islam established, our beloved prophet Mohamed peach be upon him gathered people to

brothers and sisters regardless their nationality, economical status.....ext. They all stood under the umbrella of Islam!!. We really need to respect each other and work as one hand to return our plastine and

other Islamic country.We need to take the role model of good Muslim as much as we can in every field we are in to alter the awful and wrong view of Muslims ((and this is a BIG challenge))

This is my view as I live in Islamic country

Thanks sis and Jazake Allah kol keer.[using large font size is not allowed]

PropellerAds
Asalam Alaykum

I believe the biggest challenge is facing Muslims,is"We are being apart from each other" .SobhanAllah,when first Islam established, our beloved prophet Mohamed peach be upon him gathered people to

brothers and sisters regardless their nationality, economical status.....ext. They all stood under the umbrella of Islam!!. We really need to respect each other and work as one hand to return our plastine and

other Islamic country.We need to take the role model of good Muslim as much as we can in every field we are in to alter the awful and wrong view of Muslims ((and this is a BIG challenge))

This is my view as I live in Islamic country

Thanks sis and Jazake Allah kol keer.[using large font size is not allowed]

nationality divides us.. :sl:

why don't we abolish national boundaries and unite under Islam..?

what groups are currently holding this agenda as their main goal? we should unite with them ASAP!

the jewish did that even though it's against their creeds, why aren't we not doing so when our faith ask us to?

I heard of Hizbuttahreer.

Does anyone has a first hand experience?

If searching for the truth implies being narrow minded, well i want to be a narrow minded person if that's what it takes to be a truth seeker.

It depends on what you mean by seeking the truth.

Seeking any "truth" and being open to all opinions, possibilities and ideas is by definition open-minded (be they religious, social, political, fiscal, scientific, sexual or other). But I don't think this is what you meant.

What harm does an attribute being stamped on us by mere people, when what matters is the point of view of the All knowing.

Not too much really but if you claim be open-minded then that is hypocritical.

It seems a lot of people's view of open-minded is "yes, I'm open to new ideas provided they're no different to what I already believe".

:sl:

“The People will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their food.†Someone asked, “Will that be because of our small numbers at that time?†He replied, “No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be froth and scum like that carried down by a torrent (of water), and Allah will take the fear of you from the breasts (hearts) of your enemy and cast al-wahn into your hearts.†Someone asked, “O Messenger of Allah, what is al-wahn?†He replied, “Love of the world and dislike of death.â€

[Abu Dawud and Ahmad]

It depends on what you mean by seeking the truth.

Seeking any "truth" and being open to all opinions, possibilities and ideas is by definition open-minded (be they religious, social, political, fiscal, scientific, sexual or other). But I don't think this is what you meant.

Not too much really but if you claim be open-minded then that is hypocritical.

It seems a lot of people's view of open-minded is "yes, I'm open to new ideas provided they're no different to what I already believe".

Ther is only one truth, the other 99,9....% are false :sl: got this from the far-off event

(thanks to UmmSuleiman for putting it in the forum and thanks for the writer for allowing it to happen :sl: ).

if you are open to all the other 99,9...% then are you being truthful, at least to yourself?

nationality divides us.. :sl:

why don't we abolish national boundaries and unite under Islam..?

what groups are currently holding this agenda as their main goal? we should unite with them ASAP!

the jewish did that even though it's against their creeds, why aren't we not doing so when our faith ask us to?

I heard of Hizbuttahreer.

Does anyone has a first hand experience?

Always forever and regardless any religion, group work is always PERFECT .Our prophet said "Allah's hand is with group work". Even abu3mmar we don't need to forget our nationalities,

coze looking back to prophet's( peace be upon him) and his companions's life ,there were Bilal who was from Habasha which is now is called Ethiopia, Salman which was from Persia, and Omar who was

from Mecca which is in Saudi Arabia ,,,,and others!! So looking to this amazing combination of countries and how they lived in harmonious way and built a powerful nation which based on faith and

knowledge,, Really make us feel,,,,,,!! So Respect is the key word. Respect to our brothers and sisters AND to all religions (as our brothers and sisters mentioned above

Jajak Allah kol keer

[using large font size is not allowed].

Always forever and regardless any religion, group work is always PERFECT .Our prophet said "Allah's hand is with group work". Even abu3mmar we don't need to forget our nationalities,

coze looking back to prophet's( peace be upon him) and his companions's life ,there were Bilal who was from Habasha which is now is called Ethiopia, Salman which was from Persia, and Omar who was

from Mecca which is in Saudi Arabia ,,,,and others!! So looking to this amazing combination of countries and how they lived in harmonious way and built a powerful nation which based on faith and

knowledge,, Really make us feel,,,,,,!! So Respect is the key word. Respect to our brothers and sisters AND to all religions (as our brothers and sisters mentioned above

Jajak Allah kol keer

[using large font size is not allowed].

you're right about heteroginity..i also agree..

what i don't agree is that of :

1. "legal" territorial boudaries restrictions..such as visa (i say abolish them visa's, muslim should be allowed to go to makkah anytime they want, it's a major sin to holdback)

2. paper currnency and the need to default to USD

3. central banking

4. (more to come i'm sure)

i think the defintion of country you're refering to is similar to what regional division / district would be

I have been following this topic. Umm Suleiman seems to be very rational and worth conversing further with. However, I disagree with the statement that what others do is "none of my concern". If I was a doctor and some other doctor did some procedure wrong I would definitely have an opinion and, if asked, volunteer an opinion as to whether or not I thought the doctor screwed up. A killing done in the name of Allah should certainly generate an opinion in a follower of Allah.

Good evening, schalefer! I was a little astonished to learn that someone had caught the rationality in my arguments and thought that I was worth conversing with.

I am happy to read about your disagreement. For it shows that you are a man of compassion. Mashallah!

You stated your disagreement and you also explained why you disagreed. It further shows that you are really looking for answers and not just discussing things just to prove that you are the only one who is right. So I do appreciate your open-mindedness.

Your explained:

If I was a doctor and some other doctor did some procedure wrong I would definitely have an opinion and, if asked, volunteer an opinion as to whether or not I thought the doctor screwed up. A killing done in the name of Allah should certainly generate an opinion in a follower of Allah.

In reply I state the following.........

If I was a doctor and some other doctor did some procedure wrong I do not think I would be asked to volunteer any opinion!!

You see, if the doctor had done some procedure wrong, he would certainly screw up! It is just like when you are following a wrong map. If your map is wrong, you will certainly get lost. Whether you are a Muslim, Hindi, Jew, Atheist or Christian, that doesn't matter in the least.

So it doesn't matter what you believe or think. If you do something wrong, you will have to face the consequences of that act.

The truth is clear and always has been clear. The truth applies to all places, to all people, at all times.

So if a man hurts another and abuses him, one can't have an opinion about it. It is most definitely wrong. It doesn't matter who committed the act. It doesn't even matter what his religion is, what he believes, what he thinks. What is wrong is wrong.

I don't care what religion that person belongs to. He could be Muslim. He could be Chrisitian. He could be atheist. Murder and rape is evidently wrong......and an opinion need not be made about it.

But if you insist on knowing what my opinion is, then it is this: A killing done in the name of any god, man, human being or tree is wrong.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Do you really feel that what other people do is none of your concern??? That is a singularly fascinating view for someone answering questions in a forum for people seeking answers.

My apologies, I did not see your reply to my question so I asked it again in a slightly less intrusive way

Hello schlaefer!

Have you heard of the saying people who live in glass houses should not throw stones?

Well, what other people do is really none of my business. For one thing I cannot make choices for them and for another I do not have full knowledge about the circumstances in which people live. People are sometimes compelled to do things and in many cases, do wrong things because of unique situations. Also, people differ in their personalities, views, temperatments. What might be tempting to one person may not be tempting to another.

And the biggest thing is we are all human. We are all going to make mistakes.

So when people do mistakes and do wrong it is not surprising. It is human to err.

My stand is to give other people a chance to change and correct themselves instead of being quick to criticize them to death every time they do something wrong.

What other people do is none of my concern and shouldn't be. For I have enough faults in my own plate to consider before I can even look at other people's shortcomings and misdeeds.

Good point but isn't it ultimately the people that are the religion?

Hi Canacolin

I see where you are coming from but don't really agree. If we look at Islam it is practiced in many different ways according to cultural norms and interpretation but Islam itself remains the same. An example if I may:

Rajm (stoning to death) for zina (illegal sexual intercourse). Islam is very specific about what is required to prove such a case, for instance the eye witness of 4 upstanding Muslims seeing actual penetration .. because the punishment is so harsh there must be very stringent rules to prove such a case and one has to wonder about the mindset of someone who would do this in public .. yet we have seen rape victims being sentenced to death, even though rape victims are not to be punished.

In a way this speaks to your case, because the faith as it is followed in any given area is dependent upon local interpretation but the interpretation of those followers does not change the faith, only of their local practices. The faith and rules pertaining to it remain static, what we see in this example is a cultural norm (where a woman's honor is considered null and void even if she is raped) and the faith used to fit this cultural norm by taking one aspect of a ruling and ignoring the other aspects.

This is not the religion itself, it is the abuse of that religion. It would only become religion if 100% of Muslim followers agreed that Islam calls for the death of rape victims but even then I would question whether the faith in essence has changed?!

I don't agree that Muslims are any worse. I think it is an inherent, unavoidable conclusion of any belief system: if you believe something is true then no matter what someone else believes (if it differs from your own) they must be wrong.

Can this not be said about science, medicine, politics, philosophy, etc? Could we hold views about important issues without believing we were right? Of course not but we must be willing to discuss others views and beliefs patiently and without disrespect, as UmmSuleiman exhibits. As you say you believe the world is a sphere .. would you not feel frustated having a discussion with the flat earth society?!

However, I disagree with the statement that what others do is "none of my concern". A killing done in the name of Allah should certainly generate an opinion in a follower of Allah.

I agree with you and I get dreadfully upset and angry when I hear of some things Muslims get up to in the name of Allah (swt). This is where my patient husband steps in and tries so hard to make me more like UmmSuleiman because I feel sure she sleeps better at night than I do. Not because she is uncaring but because she accepts she cannot change what is happening in another part of the world. Yes she can speak out against it but she doesn't have any influence over Muslims in Nigeria or Pakistan. There is also the issue of speaking on forums such as these, where we are bombarded with questions asking us to justify what Muslims in parts of the world we have never been to, nor understand culturally, are doing and it is impossible to do. So I respect UmmSuleiman's decision to not concern herself with such issues and care for the issues she can understand, explain and should expend her energy worrying about.

A killing done in the name of Allah should certainly generate an opinion in a follower of Allah

I've been thinking about this and other similar comments made by non-Muslims when they hear about Muslims committing wicked acts of violence and aggression.

I then wonder what is the opinion of atheists when their own kind (atheists who vehemently oppose the existence of God) slaughter and kill millions of people? Staunch atheists such as Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot?

What is the opinion of Hindus when their own kind (Hindus belonging to different castes and worshipping various gods) kill countless people and rape women?

What is the opinion of Jews when other Jews engage in killing and violence?

What is the opinion of Christians when Christians kill and murder people? And when Christian priests abuse children and rape women?

Of course killing innocent people is wrong no matter who does it. But I've noticed that people are quick to criticize Muslims when they engage in wrongdoing. They are quick to blame Islam. But when people of other religions commit similar deeds, it is as if killing done without the name of Allah is alright!

A killing done in the name of Allah should certainly generate an opinion in a follower of Allah

or "A killing done without the name of Allah should certainly NOT generate an opinion in non-followers of Allah."

I've been thinking about this and other similar comments made by non-Muslims when they hear about Muslims committing wicked acts of violence and aggression.

I then wonder what is the opinion of atheists when their own kind (atheists who vehemently oppose the existence of God) slaughter and kill millions of people? Staunch atheists such as Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot?

What is the opinion of Hindus when their own kind (Hindus belonging to different castes and worshipping various gods) kill countless people and rape women?

What is the opinion of Jews when other Jews engage in killing and violence?

What is the opinion of Christians when Christians kill and murder people? And when Christian priests abuse children and rape women?

Of course killing innocent people is wrong no matter who does it. But I've noticed that people are quick to criticize Muslims when they engage in wrongdoing. They are quick to blame Islam. But when people of other religions commit similar deeds, it is as if killing done without the name of Allah is alright!

or "A killing done without the name of Allah should certainly NOT generate an opinion in non-followers of Allah."

Human life is precious to Allah. Killing is the greatest of sins, no matter the religious edict or none at all.

Haram...

JamesYaqub