Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bipolarmania

Some Christian Arguments Against Islam

I was just on the internet when a Christian asked me if the Injeel and Taurat are indeed from God, how could they be corrupted? Is God's word corrupt able?

and Surah 2 Verse 89 says that it confirms the scripture that is with them, if it confirms what is with them, then doesn't that mean that they have THE Taurat?

Surah 7 Verse 157 says that ...they will find Muhammad (saws) described in the Taurat and the Injeel that are with them... doesn't that also mean that they have THE Taurat and Injeel?

PropellerAds

The Taurah and injeel were not protected.

The Quran is. Also the Quran is the speech of Allah and unless I am mistaken the other texts were inspired.

Assalamo Alaikum!

Indeed, Torah and Injeel are Books from Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) and no Muslim can deny this fact, as it is part of the Eeman. We believe in the kutobehee (His Books).

Regarding alteration, there is a clear mention in several places about the distortion the Jews and the Christians have done in His Books. But before I go into the Qur'an, pick up any two bibles and you will find differences. Why do they have different versions like the King James version, etc. We have only one Qur'an. That is the Book Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) guaranteed to safeguard till the end of this world.

Let me copy/paste meanings of the translations of some ayat from the Qur'an which indicate that even before Mohammed (sallallaho alaihe wasaallam) started getting revelations, the Jews and the Christains had altered their books:

2:79 (Y. Ali) Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.

3:78 (Y. Ali) There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah. It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!

19:37 (Y. Ali) But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!

Hope that answers your question.

Wassalam

:sl:

If the Torah and Injeel weren't altered, then why are there so many versions and texts of both? You have your answer right there.

As for the verses, even with their altered texts, the parts that foretold prophet Muhammad's arrival were still there.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sakhr Al-`Uqayli said that a bedouin man said to him, "I brought a milk-producing camel to Al-Madinah during the life time of Allah's Messenger. After I sold it, I said to myself, `I will meet that man (Muhammad) and hear from him.' So I passed by him while he was walking between Abu Bakr and `Umar, and I followed them until they went by a Jewish man, who was reading from an open copy of the Tawrah. He was mourning a son of his who was dying and who was one of the most handsome boys. The Messenger of Allah asked him (the father),

«ÃóäúÔõÃõßó ÈöÇáøóÃöí ÃóäúÒóáó ÇáÊøóæúÑóÇÉó åóáú ÊóÌöÃõ Ãöí ßöÊóÇÈößó åóÃóÇ ÕöÃóÊöí æóãóÎúÑóÌöí¿»

(I ask you by He Who has sent down the Tawrah, do you not find the description of me and my advent in your Book) He nodded his head in the negative. His son said, `Rather, yes, by He Who has sent down the Tawrah! We find the description of you and your advent in our Book. I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that you are the Messenger of Allah. ' The Prophet said (to the Companions),

«ÃóÞöíãõæÇ ÇáúíóåõæÃöíøó Úóäú ÃóÎöíßõã»

(Stop the Jew (the father) from (taking care of) your brother (in Islam).) The Prophet then personally took care of the son's funeral and led the funeral prayer on him.'''