Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SaracenSoldier

Blessings Of Allah(swt) Are Descending On Somalia

But what happens next year or the year after if the rains fail? Will this new-found self-sufficiency flounder?

Will there be a posting on IF saying "Allah turns his back on Somalia"?

I expect Al Shabaab will still be refusing food aid which would lead to massive food crisis.

It seems that Allah has indeed turned his back on the people of Somalia (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/africa/2011/07/2011720756724143.html"]Al Jazeera - Somalia Famine[/url]

On the positive note it seems that Al-Shabaab are showing unusual generosity and compassion by letting aid agencies help. Many Western governments are steeping up to the plate to give supply aid:

US - an additional $28m in aid (adding to the $431m in emergency assistance it has given to the Horn of Africa this year)

Britain - $145m in the past two weeks

Spain - $10m

Germany - $8.5m

It seems surprising to me how few countries are donating; no mention of the rich middle eastern states, far east (China, Pakistan, Indonesia, Japan), Russia, other European states (Italy, Austria, Netherlands, Scandinavians, France), South America or Australia.

Perhaps the rest of the world will do more in weeks to come.

PropellerAds

During the time of the Caliph Umar(ra) (Perhaps the second greatest man after all the Prophets(as)) there was famine in Madinah. Many, many people died. The people of the ditch were burned to death by the king for believing that There is No God but Allah. The magicians of Pharaoh were crucified for believing in the message of Moses(as). Does that mean Allah has turned His back on them? Absolutely not. Allah sends hardship as a trial, punishment or expiation of peoples sins. Allah does what he wills. We, however, should not be short sighted. Perhaps in the next 5 years Somalia will become a blessed place with abundance of sustenance inshAllah.

Allah sends hardship as a trial, punishment or expiation of peoples sins. Allah does what he wills. We, however, should not be short sighted. Perhaps in the next 5 years Somalia will become a blessed place with abundance of sustenance inshAllah.

Are you saying that whenever something bad happens to a people (earthquake, famine, fire, flood etc.) then it is Allah testing, punishing or expiating them?

Conversely if something good happens to a people (abundant harvests, good living conditions etc.) then that also is Allah's will?

Does Allah only apply these punishments and rewards to Islamic people? Are infidels treated the same or differently?

In this case (Somalia) which do you think it is: trial, punishment or expiation?

SaracenSoldier, you didn't make any comment on the aid situation i.e. the only nations that have made a significant contribution so far (according to Al-Jazeera) are the USA, UK, Spain and Germany. I would be interested on hearing you views on this. Whether you think the aid givers have a hidden agenda or are just being compassionate? Why don't Islamic states give much? Is it because they believe it is Allah's will and they don't want to interfere or they simply lack compassion or interest?

Are you saying that whenever something bad happens to a people (earthquake, famine, fire, flood etc.) then it is Allah testing, punishing or expiating them?

Conversely if something good happens to a people (abundant harvests, good living conditions etc.) then that also is Allah's will?

Does Allah only apply these punishments and rewards to Islamic people? Are infidels treated the same or differently?

Allah is the One of who gives to everyone. Muslim or Non-Muslim. These disasters, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc are all from God for reasons He knows best. Many times God is reminding us and warning us through these events.

Perhaps an interesting read: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/2593/Earthquakes"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/2593/Earthquakes[/url]

In this case (Somalia) which do you think it is: trial, punishment or expiation?

Allah knows best. There could be other reasons.

SaracenSoldier, you didn't make any comment on the aid situation i.e. the only nations that have made a significant contribution so far (according to Al-Jazeera) are the USA, UK, Spain and Germany. I would be interested on hearing you views on this. Whether you think the aid givers have a hidden agenda or are just being compassionate? Why don't Islamic states give much? Is it because they believe it is Allah's will and they don't want to interfere or they simply lack compassion or interest?

Giving aid is great. Helping people is always a good thing and good on those countries. Btw is it the governments or independent aid agencies? But you see we can't look at these events in isolation. When you look at the bigger picture its not so black and white. The US might provide aid to some people but then it killed over a million people in Iraq in the 90's?

Also, Islamic States..? What Islamic States? If you mean the tyrannical governments (supported until recently by US, UK and other 'aid giving countries' - surprise, surprise!) in the Muslim World then.. well.. they aren't Islamic at all. With them there is probably a lack of interest, etc but some of these govts. have given a lot of aid in the past to people around the world so can't take that away from some of them.

Yes. Everything that happens, good or bad, is a test from Allah. For those who show patience and perserverence, who do not lose faith, their hardships are a means of expiation of sins. This means their sins will be forgiven in this world rather than carrying them into the next.

Surah Ankabut (The Spider)

2. Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested?

3. We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

Salam.

Are mulims more blessed/favoured or less punished/tested than non-muslims?

To my knowledge no. Also, I'm interested to hear your view about that video I posted and then how good does any aid look after that? Is this what they teach you people in America? (Assuming u are in America). Is this in ur constitution? Mass murder? Genocide? And then pretend to be the most peace loving people on the planet? Why don't they kill half a million of their own kids and then ask themselves whether the price was worth it?

To my knowledge no. Also, I'm interested to hear your view about that video I posted and then how good does any aid look after that? Is this what they teach you people in America? (Assuming u are in America). Is this in ur constitution? Mass murder? Genocide? And then pretend to be the most peace loving people on the planet? Why don't they kill half a million of their own kids and then ask themselves whether the price was worth it?

As regards the video; there's really not much I can say.

I would like to know where the figure of 500,000 children comes from. It seems like a truly shocking number and I would like to say that the loss or suffering of a single child is a tragedy.

I don't recall any reports of the US forces rounding up children, putting them in camps then systematically killing them. That would be a more conventional way to commit mass-murder and genocide.

Whilst I don't doubt that many innocent lives have been lost at the hands of coalition forces I'm sure the vast majority of are unintended or as a result of a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. What would you do if you if you were a soldier at a checkpoint with a car speeding towards you showing no sign of stopping?

Can you give some examples of mass murder and/or genocide carried out in Iraq by the USA or other coalition forces?

It is my belief that a huge number (if not the majority) of the civilian deaths in Iraq stem from terrorist actions (Sunni-Shia conflict) or from innocents inadvertently being caught in attacks on the coalition troops. I openly admit that I don't have any figures at this point as to the actual casualties and who was to blame.

I don't think the Americans would regard themselves as the most peace-loving nation on earth but don't be too quick to criticise the whole nation for the acts of its government and armed forces.

FYI, I am not American. I am British living permanently in Canada.

Salam.

Are mulims more blessed/favoured or less punished/tested than non-muslims?

Narrated Sa'd: When prophet Muhammad was asked who suffers the greatest tribulations, he said: "The prophets, then those who come next to them, then those who come next to them. A man is afflicted in keeping his religion. If he is firm in his religion his trial is severe, but if there is weakness in his religion it is made light for him, and it continues like that till he walks on the earth having no sin." [Tirmidhi]

"Expect good, because Allah (s.w.t.) makes a believer's sickness an expiation (for his sins) and a period of repose. As for a disbeliever falling sick, he is like a camel whose owner ties it and then lets it loose --it does not understand why it was tied, nor why it was freed." [bukhari]

Salam.