Islamic Forum
SuperZeZ

Imagine That You're A God.

Imagine that you're a God.

You are immortal.

You are all-knowing.

You have all the powers typically attributed to gods.

It is the beginning. There is nothing.

What would you do?

Well, there's nothing. You know everything, and can do anything. You are perfect in terms of capability.

Yet there's a problem...

You're bored.

With perfect knowledge and ability, there is no way to improve yourself. Nothing to strive for, no goals. In order to keep yourself occupied, you would have to entertain yourself.

How would you do this?

Well, the answer many people, regardless of faith, would give is obvious: Create a world, with people in it. Make them flawed, illogical, just to see how they react.

Poof. It's there.

Maybe not instantly, but considering the immense scale of the endeavor, the elapsed time is truly negligible. You created an entire universe, billions of light years wide, in what was at the most 6 24 hour days.

That certainly didn't take too long. In fact, that was easy! Laughably easy! You could do it again, no sweat!

But wait a second...

What if we could do that? What if houses and buildings could be built with the snap of one's fingers? Would it be any great loss if it were damaged or destroyed? Couldn't we just make another one?

What value would a God put into work that he could easily reconstruct in very little time?

Not much.

There aren't really any reasons to treat your creations with care.

In fact, there aren't any reasons not to do ANYTHING.

After all, Who would stop you? Who COULD stop you? You're a GOD. Your power is infinite, your life is eternal. You will live forever.

And as the saying goes:

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

When would this absolute power absolutely corrupt you? Well, you're immortal. Eventually it will happen.

So where does this leave you? Any diversion will cease to amuse you at some point, and then you'll have to move on to something else. But sooner or later, you're going to run out of options that would be considered socially acceptable by mankind.

Would this stop you? If it did, would it stop you forever? How long would it be before you're driven to do heinous things upon your creations for your own amusement?

And yet nearly every religion on earth claims that its deity is caring, loving, and perfect in its morals. How likely does that seem, given this information?

PropellerAds
you would have to entertain yourself.

Wrong! There is a verse that says Allah did not create the creation to play with them.

just to see how they react.
He created us to worship Him. He already knew how we would react. Edited by Orthodox

Wrong! There is a verse that says Allah did not create the creation to play with them.

He created us to worship Him. He already knew how we would react.

There's also a verse that says Allah exists, obviously. But if I asked you to prove he exists, would you cite that? Of course not.

There's also a verse that says Allah exists, obviously. But if I asked you to prove he exists, would you cite that? Of course not.

Our understanding of God comes from the Qur'an. Your understanding comes from you. If we say that Allah does not do things without a good reason and you say He does, then obviously we're at an impasse.

As for "Imagine that you're a god", that question is a paradox. I could never begin to imagine what it feels like, therefore I wouldn't really be "imagining" it. I would simply be imagining myself as a human with superpowers.

Salam.

look, that's not the point of my argument. I'm telling you to consider the circumstances a god would be in, and how they are most likely to act and behave.

We can ask you a same question, prove to us that no one created you. Everything is based on truth, guess cannot replace truth.

Actually God is upon awesome business everyday.

55.29....Every day He is upon an affair (He reveals according to His Eternal determination).

All the questions you have asked about what if you are a God, are basically based on your mind. You cannot think like God, and conclude that this what a God will do. Actually ask like that, what if a human had such powers, then I would agree with you at some degree.

Edited by Mercyonmankind

Maybe not instantly, but considering the immense scale of the endeavor, the elapsed time is truly negligible. You created an entire universe, billions of light years wide, in what was at the most 6 24 hour days.
Some verses are taken literally and others only Allah knows the meaning of, as the Qur'aan says.

Six Days?

The Qur'an states that "Allah created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, in six days" (7:54). While on the surface this might seem similar to the account related in the Bible, there are some important distinctions.

The verses that mention "six days" use the Arabic word "youm" (day). This word appears several other times in the Qur'an, each denoting a different measurement of time. In one case, the measure of a day is equated with 50,000 years (70:4), whereas another verse states that "a day in the sight of your Lord is like 1,000 years of your reckoning" (22:47). The word "youm" is thus understood, within the Qur'an, to be a long period of time -- an era or eon. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six day" creation as six distinct periods or eons. The length of these periods is not precisely defined, nor are the specific developments that took place during each period.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam.about(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/od/creation/a/creation.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islam.about(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/od/creation/a/creation.htm[/url]

A more appropriate translation is actaully "period" than the word "day" - Dr. Zakir Naik

What if we could do that?
Sigh... Back to your title: We can't imagine we're gods. We know who Allah is by that what He revealed about Himself. The rest He hid about Himself. We are not allowed to invetigate how Allah looks like either. We can never imagine to be God.

What value would a God put into work that he could easily reconstruct in very little time?
I like this one, but Allah doens't create anything in vain.

There aren't really any reasons to treat your creations with care.
We will be questioned for every blessing we obtain. Not only that, we are commanded to treat plants with care!

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Someone like Iblees, yes.

Allah is:Al-Quddus 4 The Pure One

There's also a verse that says Allah exists, obviously.
What I corrected you in, is not what we believe. I skipped other things you said that we probably don't believe too. It is not valid to be making faults to something we don't believe.

We do believe that Allah exists. If Allah wills, he could have proved Himself. The Qur'aan and His creation are His signs of His existance. Aya (verse) means a sign in Arabic.

Edited by Orthodox

:sl:

Your question shows a complete lack of knowledge regarding God. I'm not sure where you got all of these strange ideas from but I suggest you read the Qur'an and learn who God really is, and what Islaam is really about.

I'd quite happily have a discussion with you via MSN, just PM me.

Look.

In order for this part of the forum to have any merit whatsoever, the Koran cannot count as empirical evidence. Many posters have cited the Koran and what it says about Allah. But to anyone who isn't a Muslim, citing the Koran proves nothing. And aren't those the people who need convincing that Islam is correct?

I'm not allowed to insult you. Please don't call my arguments rubbish.

In any case, my point is that by everything we know about the nature of living things, there's nothing that indicates a being with that much power could be as morally pure as religions claim.

:sl:

And everything we know about the nature of living things indicates that everything has a Creator, including this universe. Again, you are using your own limited knowledge and inventing things which aren't true. Just because power may corrupt humans that doesn't mean power also corrupts God. Please, stop comparing God to yourself or trying to draw similarities between God and human beings.

I'm really not interested into any arguments. You were telling us what we do not believe. The Qur'aan is evidence against claims we do not believe.

the Koran cannot count as empirical evidence
I told you that AYA(verse) means a sigh. The kind of proof you are looking for is for God to reveal Himself. If we proved the Qur'aan as you want us to prove it, we would prove God which is not what Allah wants. Why are "scientific" verses arigorical?

But to anyone who isn't a Muslim, citing the Koran proves nothing. And aren't those the people who need convincing that Islam is correct?
Citing the Qur'aan proves your allegiations false. You were telling us who Allah is. Who do we believe? You or Allah?

Review your previous thread about your question.

I'm not allowed to insult you.
there's nothing that indicates a being with that much power could be as morally pure as religions claim.

The worst thing you can do to yourself and us is speak about Allah without knowledge and a book. Would you believe me about some research over scientists who were authorized to preach science? You would believe scientists. So we believe the prophets(pbut) who are authorized by Allah to preach about Him and His will. Then leave time and space and tell us how there is nothing that indicates Allah to be pure. To be clearer, you, and your kind, do not know everything about the universe, neither do you know where you could wake up tomorrow, you never saw the whole universe, you do not know what is below it or above it, nor between it. Then how can you claim Allah doesn't exist? Just because we know a chapter from a book, for example, doesn't mean all knowledge is within us.

Who was Muhammad, saws? Was he a mentally sick person to you. I'd recommend an argument that he was a poet rather because for someone to deliever an impaccable Qur'aan, and a set of scientific facts that over 14oo years were adopted by over 1.5 billion people as divine reveliation and NONE were found wrong. And its perfect laws never changed as the whole Qur'aan,,,,cannot be sick person, nor a poet etc...

Edited by Orthodox

Hi

Your post is a rather illogical. You define "God" incorrectly because you base it on your understanding. You try to limit God by attributing God with human like features. This is typical behaviour of polytheist infact even the people of the book have forms of polytheism. How can a limited mind comprehend his creator?

If we cannot even comprehend paradise a created thing how can we even come close to comprehending the creator?

How can we imagine that which we are not? I mean we can imagine it, but we will never know what it is like.

Salaam, This topic starter has posted something which is against what any Muslims with any sense agree to pretend to be.

This thread will be closed by one of the Moderators if I am not able to. So please brothers and sisters don't post aything here, it is not worth it, plus we might be caught for saying something that we should not.

Salaams.