Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
In War with me

Exam Season

Assalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu

Soooo my semester exams start in a week or so and I,as careless (and dreamy) as ever,has a lot of work left behind.My mom is quite upset about my studies.She thinks,I have become less working ,esp because my grades fell during my last sem.Actually I dont deny that.I am less bothering about my academic results these days.But mum wants a daughter who she could be proud of ,and I have a duty and a chance before me to achieve it.But my interest and inspirations are quite less(I end up doing something else in my study room).Is there any advices you could offer to your dear sister in Islam?

Insha Allah I'd like that you would remember me in your prayers.

May Allah help me...and you guys too.Ameen.

PropellerAds

Waalaikumussalam warohmatullah dear sister.. :sl:

I don't know if I can help but maybe the Holy Quran can.

"Is one who worships devoutly during the hour of the night prostrating himself or standing (in adoration), who takes heed of the Hereafter, and who places his hope in the Mercy of his Lord - (like one who does not)? Say: "Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition." (39:9)

"Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds:" (6:162)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetiluvislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/v1/readarticle.php?article_id=1962"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetiluvislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/v1/readarticle.php?article_id=1962[/url] << Maybe this article will help you.

Seeking knowledge can be related with Islam if that lifts up your spirit. Islamic knowledge is not the only knowledge we should seek, other knowledge can be beneficial too. Like science and astronomy, thats one way to get closer to Allah. Other things too. Maths, economy, geography, you name it all..

If we have the ability to do something then we do it. Don't waste it.. Allah doesn't like a lazy person right. be grateful for what you have, repay your parents with your studies don't you want to make them proud? or the opposite? make them proud, inshaAllah you will have hasanahs for that. Ameen. Last of all, do it for Allah.

Edited by Ewany

:no:

:sl: sister, congratulation for pouring out your problem and your mum's concern.

I kno######w studying can be SOOOO boring, you might as well end up sleeping on your bed with the books open so on and so forth (I did that yesterday). So first thing first, set your goal! If I was you, I'd set my goal on "MAKE MUM HAPPY" And that can be.. anything at all. studies or behaviour.

behaviour as in Discipline yourself, working hard.. I'm sure THAT would make MY mum happy! keep in mind, if you get distracted, imagine that SATAN giving you an evil wicked face to keep you away from the books. :j:

so, give a :sl: face and continue to do what SATAN don't want us to do. Well, for me, to annoy the SATAN is something all muslim should be proud of :D

TIPS ON HOW NOT TO FALL ASLEEP? stay in school/college. Stay in library. If you feel.. all sleepy, eat something, keep going, schedule your time, don't tell your friends about your "NEW" schedule cause they toooooo, might distract you. Not saying they're not good, well, depends on you if you can avoid "too much talking"

If you have more difficulties, ask more :D

People,my semester exams start in 3 days.(uh-huh)But I'm still not scared. :sl: or ready for it.Still a lot left to be read.

I'll be really happy(so will Allah) if you could ask Him(now and also later) to make me work harder and help me to make mummy really happy this time .PLEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSE. lol

Seriously I really need all my brothers and sister' dua,cause I'm still struggling with myself.May Allah reward you all well.Ameen

Khala,I know you here(u checked my profile),I was really thinking of putting up a topic:"Khala!Where are you?" :sl:

Now that you're found.please do pray for your dear beti.

:sl:

This whole last year of school I've been so NOT INTO it. I'm just sick of school.... It's like so much harder to stay focused than it was the previous years. (and the classes themselves aren't hard.. it's doing the work...)

I have finals coming up (which I'm not worried about). But I have two big tests (outside of school for my major) that I have to pass and I'm taking them this Saturday insha'Allah :no:

insha'Allah we are all successful in our exams :sl:

Alhamdulillah,my exams are over. :sl: I m happy and relieved,aaahhh.Alhamdulillah

About the exams,they werent that baaad,but definetely made me doze off(twice).hahaha