Islamic Forum

Assalamualaikum

To brother Saaabz...thank you for posting that article from MuslimMatters. That site is to my opinion one of the most comprehensive and understanding Islamic commentary websites, for Muslims in the west. Muslims around the world as well as non-Muslims can probably understand the view of Muslims living in the West, in the best way from this website.

About freedom of speech, this originally was put into place by Western nations decades ago, and its primary objective was to allow criticism of the government and the powers that may be. This is essence, is not incompatible with Islam; you will find in the history of Islamic caliphates criticism of policies of the authority was tolerated. It is only now that freedom of speech is curtailed, because of a straying away from how Islam should be applied with regards to governance. Mocking others' religions and satirizing of religious figures and symbols were never the goal when freedom of speech was put into place.

Every time there has been a satirizing about Islam, certain people reacted outside the bounds, due to a variety of reasons. Why doesn't the media ask the normal Muslim on the street, who follows the mainstream Islam, what he or she really feels? Why cover only the fringe of people who perform violent acts or make threats? If you ask a normal person of Islamic faith, most probably you would receive a civil answer that mockery of religious figures is not allowed and disapproved of in Islam. The media doesn't cover this, as the article said, because the media outlets wouldn't get ratings.

I hope the Muslim brothers and sisters living in the West take more of an active role in sorting out their communities. They represent Islam and they are Islam's ambassadors over there. Hopefully more can be done to control the activities of the fringe elements within their communities, and persuade them from doing rash actions.

For Muslims and non-Muslims, there is certainly a gulf of understanding between us. We have yet to meet to a common point of understanding between us when such issues are concerned. If there is no effort is made from both sides to come to this point, I fear what the future will foster.

PropellerAds
salam

I have not yet heard or read anything about the South Park, but I can tell you that Muslims have the right and obligation to defend the honor and character of every prophet that lived on earth. If the reputation of prophets are tainted then it is bad for all mankind. They are the rolemodels God Almighty chose for all mankind. Therefore, we have to defend their reputation. They are the best of mankind.

If a person attacks a Prophet then this person is in war with Muslims, the Messengers of God, and Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. Messengers of God include angels and human prophets.

We the Muslims are the true follower of the the teaching of Jesus alayhissalam. That is why we defend him, but the fact that the Christians don't defend Jesus shows that they are not true followers of Jesus.

They claim that they receive atonement from sin by believing in Jesus, but they don't even defend his honor. He according to Christians is the atonement of sins, but they are silent majority who let the people defile his name freely without consequences. What kind of justice and gratitude is that. He can suffer to atone our sins, but we don't lift a finger to protect him against character assassination.

Yusha this is a very good post every single person on earth should read this.

---

"You are not kidding anyone, your here to troll along with your ebuddies and pedos from 4 chan, kids who spend there whole day and life infront of a computer, must be a very interesting life.

If they posted threats of murder they would of been arrested and locked up, but only fools cant see that and fall for whatever crap the media spout. Kids are much more naive then adults of course..."

---

Yes hello,

r3x here.

You are at it again, you poor soul. This is my last time saying this; because you needlessly insult me you will be semi-ignored.

Please do not make assumptions about me or who I am. It's degrading to my paradigm of you, somewhat offensive, and extremely tipesh. What qualifies you to make such outrageous assumptions about someone you don't even know? You've read two of my posts, and all of the sudden you know everything about r3x? Wow. Just wow. You've successfully embarrassed yourself :sl:

---

"Eh? what does that have anything to do with the point i was making?

and how many americans did muslims kill compared to the muslims that have been killed and are being killed right by americans?

and israel, hahahaha that explains a lot, are you gonna go arround launching terrorists attacks on every muslim now? like you do in occupied palestine?..."

---

Yes hello....

Ah you gave me some lulz with this one. First of all, I wouldn't know. Do I look like a search engine to you? Direct your queries to a Google, please :sl:

Secondly, I'm not qualified to answer that question, with or without proper research. It's none of my business what another state is doing. If they did it, they have good reasons; war is a very tedious thing. By the way, you're getting off topic, deary. If you want to rant about Muslims and Americans killing each other, create another tread and I'll see you there :no:

---

"If you are so wound up about people posting threats of murder, why have your lot done the same? why are you posting threats to the muslim community, and the guy who made that video has also recieved death threats, hyprocosy much?...."

I seen Anonymous 003's post. He is in NO WAY affiliated with Legion.

And the man who received death threats, in my opinion, deserved them.

---

"...just shows what a load of toot you are talking here, no need to put on a clock, i thought u people werent 'moralfags'?

lol hacking websites, dosing, spamming, trolling, creating 'shitstorm' for reactions, threatening is not "we're demanding clarification of otherwise barbaric behavior" - how undemocratic of you! its so funny to see you guys doing something that you claim to be against, you are simply trying to cause trouble and perhaps you dont realise what kind pandoras box you could open, then again being the cowards behind a computer, if your plans would ever to succede you guys would be the first to hide behind the duvet sheets...."

---

I'm not a 'moralfag', and please stop acting like you know me. Thank you.

I don't troll, spam, or create "shitstorms". Unless you have any proof of me doing any of that stuff, I suggest you stop spouting bull. I'm simply engaging you in some constructive dialogue, and I'm enjoying the deepeness of it.

And I'm not a "hide behind the computer" person. I've gone to several protests and boycotts, deary.

Oh yeah, lol, I AM pandora's box. Open me ;-)

---

"as for me i am not attacking anyone, i have morals and ethics unlike you and a life, attacking websites, people, using violence, threatening and carrying out 'cyber terrorism' is not for me, thats for uncivilised kids and adults with the mind of a child.,,,"

Again with your sad assumptions.

----

I'm perfectly civilized :j: Unlike you, making outrageous presumptions and insulting me. Grow up or get out; the adults are talking. You need to practice what you preach, deary. And like I said before, if you have any evidence of me doing those above things, I suggest you

---

"...So the internet isnt your only front? what you planning to do then? attack defenceless muslim women and kids in the streets? attack Masjids at nightime when its quiet?...."

---

LULZ!!!!!

I'm starting to love you ;-)

And no, you misinterpreted me yet again. Why bother explaining yourself to someone who'll completely miss the point?

---

"...and yes i think you are an ignorant bigot.

youve broken laws by commiting cyber crime, further to that your trying to stir trouble and create anarchy, thats not exactly good is it?..."

---

An ignorant bigot? Well, that's a nice thing to say :D

I don't recall insulting you (if I did, I'm sorry) in the past. Please act like an adult and keep the insults to yourself, ok?

Are you cyberbullying me, by any chance?

---

"...broadening your horizon to wear? whats next attacking muslims on the street and there properties once your done attacking Islamic websites?

I hope your 'rabbi' has more sense then you, perhaps you guys should take a thing from 'xtians and turn the other cheek.."

---

I'm not attacking anyone. And DO NOT insult my Rabbi.

I'm sick of your childish insults; you're getting reported.

---

"

you know we have a principle in Islam which is no soul shall carry the burden of anothers, perhaps you can learn something from that...."

---

I'm not letting anyone lean on me; I'm fighting for a cause I believe in.

---

"...we all want peace, not violence and anarchy..."

---

Then stop trying to fight with/insult me as it is accomplishing nothing but making you appear as crass as your words are.

hey r3x do you want to learn about Islam, we will help. Otherwise get outta here, out of the forum. Thank you. Peace.

hey r3x do you want to learn about Islam, we will help. Otherwise get outta here, out of the forum. Thank you. Peace.

Yes hello,

r3x here.

You have no authority over me, therefore your argument is deemed invalid. Also, why am I being singled out? I'm not the only one in this thread.

I have not yet heard or read anything about the South Park,

If you don't know one of the main assets in the debate, then please lurk moar.

I did not say that quote as i made a mistake on putting a quote what Yusha said. what the heck is 'lurk moar.' Do not say that to Yusha he does not need to find out. If you see your first post in this topic. You accused Islam of something and you are only one enemy in this thread and singled out. Duh!.

I did not say that quote as i made a mistake on putting a quote what Yusha said. what the heck is 'lurk moar.' Do not say that to Yusha he does not need to find out. If you see your first post in this topic. You accused Islam of something and you are only one enemy in this thread and singled out. Duh!.

Yet again I'm insulted. Pity; I thought you might be a little respectable. So far the only righteous person I've seen is Saabz (sorry if I misspelled it). It's also a shame that you see me as an enemy; yet another possible friendship lost in the waves of debate :sl:

Lurk moar > I used it non literally. What I mean is rather then posting, I'd prefer you remain silent. It is evident to me that you have not grasped the entire argument. But that's just ol' r3x ;-)

About the whole Yusha quote thing....Wat? I didn't understand you :I

Yusha said that what you quoted. It does not matter ok. I do want to be respectable and if you have any questions about Islam then please ask and we will answer but we should not fight.

Yusha said that what you quoted. It does not matter ok. I do want to be respectable and if you have any questions about Islam then please ask and we will answer but we should not fight.

Yes hello,

r3x here.

I'm not fighting anyone. I believe you've misinterpreted the entire argument. I do acknowledge your manners, though.

You're all putting way too much heart into this.

South Park is a T.V. show. If you're offended by it, change the channel. It's as simple as one-two-three.

1.) Sit up

2.) Walk to the T.V.

3.) Change the channel

Indirect death threats weren't needed. Once again the liberal media has to bend over backwards for the sensitivities of a religion.

קענני, נאָר פאַרלאָזן עס. ניטאָ ניט געגאנגען צו קענען צו איבערצייגן זיי אַז זיי רע בייַ שולד. דורך דעם וועג, לאַנג מאָל ניט זען:sl:

Also, worldwide spread of the hatred of Islam wasn't needed, either.

You're all putting way too much heart into this.

South Park is a T.V. show. If you're offended by it, change the channel. It's as simple as one-two-three.

1.) Sit up

2.) Walk to the T.V.

3.) Change the channel

Indirect death threats weren't needed. Once again the liberal media has to bend over backwards for the sensitivities of a religion.

קענני, נאָר פאַרלאָזן עס. ניטאָ ניט געגאנגען צו קענען צו איבערצייגן זיי אַז זיי רע בייַ שולד. דורך דעם וועג, לאַנג מאָל ניט זען:sl:

Also, worldwide spread of the hatred of Islam wasn't needed, either.

זייער גוט פונט, נעקקאָאַרץ ..... אויב נאָר זיי געקאנט זען דורך דעם שלייער קאַווערינג זייער אויגן. טהרעאַץ איבער אַ ט.וו. ווייַזן זענען טשיילדיש און נאַריש. מוסלימס זענען זייער ינטאַלעראַנט מענטשן, האט איר לייענען דעם פּאָסטן אויף דעם חורבן? ווי אַרויספאָדערן זיי. און די מיטגלידער .... ניט די מינדסטע ביסל פון סיוואַלייזד מאַנעריזאַם אָדער ווייַזן פון זעלבסט קאָנטראָל. די אמעריקאנער זענען רעכט צו טייטן זיי.

אויסגעלאשן טעמע ... ווי ס דער יאַזדע געגאנגען? מער ימפּאָרטאַנטלי, ווען זענט איר קומענדיק צוריק? און האַלטן פאַך מיר קענני, ידיאָט. איך בין ניט פריילעך.

Worldwide spread of hatred of Islam? When did that happen?

זייער גוט פונט, נעקקאָאַרץ ..... אויב נאָר זיי געקאנט זען דורך דעם שלייער קאַווערינג זייער אויגן. טהרעאַץ איבער אַ ט.וו. ווייַזן זענען טשיילדיש און נאַריש. מוסלימס זענען זייער ינטאַלעראַנט מענטשן, האט איר לייענען דעם פּאָסטן אויף דעם חורבן? ווי אַרויספאָדערן זיי. און די מיטגלידער .... ניט די מינדסטע ביסל פון סיוואַלייזד מאַנעריזאַם אָדער ווייַזן פון זעלבסט קאָנטראָל. די אמעריקאנער זענען רעכט צו טייטן זיי.

אויסגעלאשן טעמע ... ווי ס דער יאַזדע געגאנגען? מער ימפּאָרטאַנטלי, ווען זענט איר קומענדיק צוריק? און האַלטן פאַך מיר קענני, ידיאָט. איך בין ניט פריילעך.

Worldwide spread of hatred of Islam? When did that happen?

איצט, טאָן ניט גיין אַוועק ינסאַלטינג זיי סטאַן. זיי רע נאָר שאַטן, איז אַלע. ווי וואָלט איר פילן אויב עמעצער געמאכט שפּאַס פון רבי באָריס? און גענאָציד איז ניט דזשאַסטאַפייאַבאַל דורך קיין מיטל. דורך דעם וועג, מיין משפּחה וועט זייַן מאָווינג צוריק 3 וואָכן פון איצט. קען ניט וואַרטן צו זען איר:sl:

דורך דעם וועג, מיר רע געטינג אַוועק טעמע און איך טאָן ניט וועלן צו רעדן וועגן עפּעס פּריוואַט אפן. גיב מיר דיין E-פּאָסט דורך ירק.

And I'm pretty sure that hatred of Islam spread when the death threats were issued. Such a pity that a whole religion is chastised by Legion because of two idiots :sl:

4טשאַננער לאָל

It is a cartoon. WHO CARES. The Prophet Muhammad (saws) was a great guy, anyone that studies of him will know this. Just because a stupid cartoon ridicules him is no reason to kill someone. And more than just that, it is south park. They insult everyone. I like what was said above. If you don't like it, just walk up to the TV and change the channel. It isn't like anyone will see that and think Muslims or Muhammad (saws) is bad. The only reason they view us badly is not cause of the cartoon, but because of the response it is getting from some Muslims.

You guys are irritatingly ignorant, especially Saaabz, to other communities.

Nicholis Jones, I'm afraid you may have gotten the wrong impression about me, and Muslims in general. Perhaps my wording didn't exactly achieve the textual fidelity I was hoping it would, the issue of depicting the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in South Park, I must admit upset and angered me and this may have been reflected in my first few posts.

Please allow me to restate in a more understandable way what I said earlier concerning the tolerance of homosexuals. If there are homosexuals prevalent in a society it's not fitting for a Muslims to treat them in a harsh and rude manner nor is it fitting for them to simply let the issue go unnoticed and void of any discourse concerning the effect this behavior has on a multifaceted society. In the West where Muslims are a minority, and are likely to meet homosexuals we should treat them the same way we would treat any other person, that is with kindness and good speech. This in turn will open up opportunities for debate and and discussions on homosexuality and Islam's stance on it, and why Islam has this view of it. For those that don't wish to take part in these debates, [Let there be no compulsion in religion (Qur'an 2:256)] and we will never force anyone to accept our views. Finally, it is incumbent upon us to speak out against it as it is considered a vice in Islam, where commanded to enjoin all that is good and interdict evil, we bear no resentment towards the people who practice homosexuality but the act itself.

In order for this discussion to proceed in a civil manner, I implore you to reply in a less contempt fashion as compared to your previous post. Fatuous remarks like:

We proved we can defeat you. We proved it a long time ago, and we will prove it again. I say nuke the middle east and watch the carnage from the west.
continuous to deplete this topic of any real substance which could benefit a reader.

I sincerely hope I've cleared up some if not most of the misconceptions.

Edited by Saaabz

When you say it like that, you make me look bad. I lost it. Sorry for disrespect and if you want, i will delete my post.

I feel the reasons why America has become a lot more open minded about all groups, not just Islamic, but homosexuals, Black, Native American, etc., etc., because of their plight to have equal right in society. In a way, we are in the same boat. The hierarchy of the "Caucasian, blond haired blue eyed christian males" dominate the lower group in this ever-rocking ship, and contrast to popular Fox News and right wing crazed extremist, the white male in America will be in power for a long, long time.

A lot of minority groups tend to band together sympathetically and psychologically, and in this, a lot of power is made.

Also, it may be me, but I honestly cannot understand faith, and therein lies a lot of my understandings of religion as a whole.

I would much like to contact you Saaabz, via email or via phone, to clear up most the misconceptions and to have a straight forward interview with you (For a college paper). Contact me if you want, it would be much appreciated.

I'd be more than happy to discuss faith and religion with you, I tried sending you a pm but due to the number of posts you've made that feature is still disabled.

I've forwarded my message to your email.

Peace

I'd be more than happy to discuss faith and religion with you, I tried sending you a pm but due to the number of posts you've made that feature is still disabled.

I've forwarded my message to your email.

Peace

Please tread carefully these are trolls and crims from 4chan up to no good...

Yes hello,

r3x here.

You are at it again, you poor soul. This is my last time saying this; because you needlessly insult me you will be semi-ignored.

Please do not make assumptions about me or who I am. It's degrading to my paradigm of you, somewhat offensive, and extremely tipesh. What qualifies you to make such outrageous assumptions about someone you don't even know? You've read two of my posts, and all of the sudden you know everything about r3x? Wow. Just wow. You've successfully embarrassed yourself

Oh hai there,

greenbird here.

I am not insulting you, no need to get offended, calm down and take a deep breath it's only the internetz. Yes I am serious i am not intentionally trying to insult you if its coming out like that. But hey I might know more then you think.

Yes hello....

Ah you gave me some lulz with this one. First of all, I wouldn't know. Do I look like a search engine to you? Direct your queries to a Google, please smile.gif

Secondly, I'm not qualified to answer that question, with or without proper research. It's none of my business what another state is doing. If they did it, they have good reasons; war is a very tedious thing. By the way, you're getting off topic, deary. If you want to rant about Muslims and Americans killing each other, create another tread and I'll see you there

lol that's okay, if you can't answer or comprehend a point that is fine by me, i am tolerant unlike some.

I seen Anonymous 003's post. He is in NO WAY affiliated with Legion.

And the man who received death threats, in my opinion, deserved them.

and I am sure some people think certain people getting death threats also deserve it, a great logical cycle there eh?

I'm not a 'moralfag', and please stop acting like you know me. Thank you.

I don't troll, spam, or create "shitstorms". Unless you have any proof of me doing any of that stuff, I suggest you stop spouting bull. I'm simply engaging you in some constructive dialogue, and I'm enjoying the deepeness of it.

And I'm not a "hide behind the computer" person. I've gone to several protests and boycotts, deary.

Oh yeah, lol, I AM pandora's box. Open me ;-)

You seem to have problems comprehending my simple points or maybe doing it deliberately to avoid the points.

I'm sorry to say I don't believe you, knowing what you lot are like, but hey I do honestly hope one day you grow out of this chlidish and asbo mentality pf doing things and getting points across.

and hiding behind v masks isnt the same but fairplay peaceful protest is a much better method.

As for pandoras box, lol I was not referring to you personally, review what I said again and try understanding it.

I'm perfectly civilized smile.gif Unlike you, making outrageous presumptions and insulting me. Grow up or get out; the adults are talking. You need to practice what you preach, deary. And like I said before, if you have any evidence of me doing those above things, I suggest you

Hey thats okay, but please dont get offended.

LULZ!!!!!

I'm starting to love you ;-)

And no, you misinterpreted me yet again. Why bother explaining yourself to someone who'll completely miss the point?

Love is good, the world needs more of it :sl:

Maybe if you send that comment of yours and email to the media they might just make a headline out of it?

An ignorant bigot? Well, that's a nice thing to say sad.gif

I don't recall insulting you (if I did, I'm sorry) in the past. Please act like an adult and keep the insults to yourself, ok?

Are you cyberbullying me, by any chance?

lol no I am not bullying you, bullying is for losers, I am sorry if i've offended, you asked a question so I thought I would give you an honest answer...

I'm not attacking anyone. And DO NOT insult my Rabbi.

I'm sick of your childish insults; you're getting reported.

I did not insult your Rabbi at all, so calm down.

Are you really jewish or just pretending?

I'm not letting anyone lean on me; I'm fighting for a cause I believe in.

Sure you are, and i'm sure your methods are legit too

*sigh*

Then stop trying to fight with/insult me as it is accomplishing nothing but making you appear as crass as your words are.

I'm not trying to fight or insult you, take a chill pill, i'm just curious why you use crass, illegal and wreckless methods to fight your apparent and so called 'causes'.

Yes hello....

Deak here. G4m3 is over. GreenBird, you're treading a very, very fine line. This may be the Internetz, but a lot of people get hurt over the Internet. Do you know who Nevada-tan is? I wouldn't expect you to know, for obvious reasons.

--

I'm sorry to say I don't believe you, knowing what you lot are like, but hey I do honestly hope one day you grow out of this chlidish and asbo mentality pf doing things and getting points across.

--

I guess I'm posting this for the twentieth time.....

You don't know me. You have never met me. Get it through that thick skull, ok? I'll let you in on a secret, you pessimistic vermin, I don't work with 4chan. I work with Legion, and I'm a VXer and an rm Monkey. I'm not here on some "OMFG SO TOTALLY SECRET" mission, I'm here because I'm asking questions.

---

lol that's okay, if you can't answer or comprehend a point that is fine by me, i am tolerant unlike some.

---

And I completely understand your question. But you see, I don't live in America. I'm not American. I can't answer that question for you because my answer doesn't apply; I'm not American. Don't you think I knew you weren't referring to me about the whole Pandora's Box? GO back and re-read my post; I MADE it about me.

----

Maybe if you send that comment of yours and email to the media they might just make a headline out of it?

Maybe the media will put it on air.....Who gives a rat's ###### about it, though..? Do I? Isn't it obvious I don't?

---

and I am sure some people think certain people getting death threats also deserve it, a great logical cycle there eh?

It's my opinion that he deserved the death threat. You can't say anything about it, either, because it's just that; my opinion. Tough. By the way, there isn't a logical cycle that YOU interpret when someone states their opinion.

----

I am not insulting you, no need to get offended, calm down and take a deep breath it's only the internetz. Yes I am serious i am not intentionally trying to insult you if its coming out like that. But hey I might know more then you think.

I really doubt you know anything about 4chan, /b/, /i/, Legion, etc. without Googling it. Since you know so much, tell me, who am I? Who is r3x? Ask about me in IRC #helldive, and you'll see how much you don't know. Do you even know what IRC is? And I wasn't offended, at all, lol, simply because you don't know how to insult. Likewise, the only thing you've been insulting is yourself.

----

You seem to have problems comprehending my simple points or maybe doing it deliberately to avoid the points.

I can comprehend your simple "points", though they're hardly points, just fine. My answers are too complex for you, aren't they? What about you? I've answered your many questions, and cleared your many misconceptions. You feel threatened by my presence and retaliate by changing the subject. And you know that, don't you :sl:

----

and hiding behind v masks isnt the same but fairplay peaceful protest is a much better method.

No one is hiding behind Guy Fawke's masks. We're debating on the Internetz. The Internetz is anonymous. would you rather I post my address, social security number, and I.D.? And as I posted many, many times before, I have attended protests, curr. hat about you? Have any proof that you've ever done ANYTHING other then ###### and moan?

-----

lol no I am not bullying you, bullying is for losers, I am sorry if i've offended, you asked a question so I thought I would give you an honest answer...

I did not insult your Rabbi at all, so calm down.

You did. You being born insults everything intelligent, spiritual, and holy, in my opinion. I've given you completely honest answers. But you fail to answer my own questions.....Practice what you preach.

----

Are you really jewish or just pretending?

Oh I'm totally pretending. I have SO MUCH to gain by pretending to be Jewish. Totally.

Idiot.

---

Sure you are, and i'm sure your methods are legit too.

Too bad you don't and will never know, huh?

-Deak

Yes hello....

Deak here.

Hey Deak! Long time no see. What happened to Stanly? He didn't get V& did he?

Hey Deak! Long time no see. What happened to Stanly? He didn't get V& did he?

Tragic case of NotPayingInternetBill-itus. He called me up and told me to argue in his name. So I am ^.^

I had to read the thread from top to bottom....

What a pain :sl:

Anyways, meet me on MSN. I'm lonely :sl:

Just wanted to say two things regarding South Park:

1) You're not the only person who finds it offensive. Many Americans (of varying religions) find it offensive.

2) It's just a cartoon. Only secular humanists take it seriously.