Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wattle

"he Created Us To Worship Him"

Someone in the closed thread gave "He created us to worship Him" as the reason that Allah created humans. Is that the general Muslim position? It seems odd.

PropellerAds

Þõáú Åöäøó ÕóáÇóÊöí æóäõÓõßöí æóãóÃúíóÇíó æóãóãóÇÊöí áöáøåö ÑóÈøö ÇáúÚóÇáóãöíäó

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds;

Ibn Taymiyyah (rh) gave the definition of worship as follows:

"Worship is everything that Allaah loves and is pleased with from the inward and outward sayings and actions."

In other words this is very similar to the complete and comprehensive definition of eemaan that we dealt with in Lesson 1. This lesson will deal with the ‘inward actions of the heart’ which really form the basis of a Muslim’s servitude to Allaah.

As usual we shall summarise the lesson with a quotation. Today’s quotation should be easy for everyone. It is the first few verses of Surah Faatihah!

So what has this to do with our lecture? Lets take the verses one by one. (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731748&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731748&hl=[/url]

Assalam Alaikum !!

Nowadays with so muc exposure and opportunities ,its so easy to get swayed away by the zeal to enjoy and conquer the glamarous world while forgetting herafter completely as the distractions are tremendous each of them equally alluring and exciting such as busying oneself totally in making it to the top in ones career while neglecting prayers/Quran etc

Most of us remain safe from comitting major sins but do not stay vigilant enough about their religious obligations ( such as Acquiring knowledge of deen, work on one's relationship with Allah, regularity in prayers , striving to increase one's eemaan) and thereby forgetting their real purpose of creation and that purpose is:

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. [1]

O mankind! worship your Lord, Who has created you and those before you, so that you may ward off (evil). [2]

What exactly does worship mean?

We restrict the meaning of 'worship' to the religious rituals as prayers,fasting ,hajj etc.This is indeed a misconception. If worship merely meant these rituals then why didnt Allah ask us to pray and fast all day ,night??

so how do we define worship?

Ibn Kathir (d.774H), rahimahullaah, said:

"And ’ibaadah is obedience to Allaah by acting upon what He commands, and abandoning what He forbids"

So Prayer, fasting, zakaat (alms), Pilgrimage, supplication, vows, fear and trust and other than these are from the acts of worship.Doing zikr.making peace between people,speaking truth in adversity etc etc are all forms of worship.Even trying to ward off a sinful temptation for Allahs sake is a worship. Shaykhul-Islaam decsribed it so well

Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (d.728H) - rahimahullaah - said:

"Worship (al-’Ibaadah) is a comprehensive term covering everything that Allaah loves and is pleased with - whether saying, or actions, outward and inward."

Additional note:

Worship is a comprehensive word for all that Allaah loves and is pleased with from speech and actions, inwardly (i.e. fear, hope, trust in Allaah) and outwardly (i.e. prayer, dhikr); and freedom from all that which negates or contradicts this. [al-Haafidh al-Hakamee]

The Creation Is In Need Of Allah By Dr. Saleh As-saleh

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731356&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731356&hl=[/url]

(I created not the jinns and mankind except to worship me) (Qur�an 51:56)

Edited by Orthodox

This is the great difference between believers and disbelievers. Even those who worship others besides Allah or partership with Allah. For example, Allah permitts everythng to happen before it does. When someone calls upon an Angel, Jesus etc... God permitts an Angel for example to hear the person before the Angel does actually hear one. There is no point to invoke others beside Allah.

And disbelievers forsake actions for reasons that are not worship, his lifetime becomes loss because he obtains no reward. In order for actions to get accepted:

By Shaykh Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee

An action is not accepted by Allaah the Blessed and the Exalted, except if it contains two conditions:

Firstly: It should be done purely for the Face of Allaah the Mighty and Majestic.

Secondly: It should be righteous and it cannot be righteous, except if it is established from the sunnah, without opposing it. It has been confirmed by the researchers from the people of knowledge that every alleged act of worship that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) did not legislate by his statement, or which he did not perform in order to get closer to Allaah - is in opposition to the sunnah. So the sunnah consists of two parts, sunnatul fi'iliyyah (the sunnah of actions) and sunnatut tarkiyyah (the sunnah of abandonment). So whatever the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) left off from acts of worship, then it is a sunnah to leave them off. Do you not see the likes of this in the adhaan (call to prayer) for the two 'eeds, and in burying the dead, even though a person may be engaged in the remembrance and glorification of Allaah the Mighty and Majestic. It is not permissible to draw near to Allaah by that.

Indeed the Companions understood of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) understood this meaning, so they issued general warnings against innovations such as what is mentioned regarding this topic from Hudthayfah (radiyallaahu 'anhu). He said: "Every act of worship that the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah did not perform, then do not perform it." 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood (radiyallaahu 'anhu) said: "Follow and do not invent, for indeed you have been sufficed. Stick to the old matters. [2]

So whoever has his worship established from Allaah upon conformity to the sunnah of His Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), and does not let it become mixed in with innovation, then let him rejoice in Allaah's acceptance of his obedience. Allaah will surely place him in Paradise. May Allaah make us from those who hear the statement, and then obey in goodness.

Edited by Orthodox

Baraq Allahu Fiqhum brother.