Islamic Forum
Orthodox

Banned Members

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

This may be a bad request and it would be hard to do, but not impossible...

Can you, respected moderators, permit banned members to post again? It might activate the forum.

And, why are the requested fatwas (under the fatwa section) ignored?

I also have a complaint. If it is in opposition to Islamic views, I'd be grateful to get corrected. I understand that sometimes we have to be rigid to lower peoples dignity in order to get them to cooperate. From what I've observed, Muslims (usually the ones that acquired something from scooping everything from internet like sponges) who come are dealt with rigidly. They get criticized and their topics get closed. This isn't addressed at anyone. I mean, how had Allah, azz wa jall, dealt with prophet Ibrahim, alaihisalam, when he asked Allah to show him how He turns dead into life? Allah asked him if he doubted, he answered no, and that he wanted to get his heart at rest.

Forgive my ignorance as well..

If we don't forgive eachother, who will forgive us (smile)?

Baraq Allahu fiqhum

Edited by Orthodox

PropellerAds

:sl:

Sister Banned members are usually people who have been warned more than once , or have violated core forum rules its not possible to allow them to post.

However in my experience with foruming i think you can invite Muslims and Muslimahs to join the forum through other forums or blogs and inshaa'Allah traffic will increase .

are usually people who have been warned more than once ,

Some might have been ok...

However in my experience with foruming i think you can invite Muslims and Muslimahs to join the forum through other forums or blogs and inshaa'Allah traffic will increase .
I'll do, InshAllah. I have a few people on mind...

JazzakAllahu Khayr

Edited by Orthodox

Thats great sis , the more members the more lively the forum will be :sl: .

I do believe that things need to get stricter when it comes to vain talk that doesn't benefit us or the readers, a waste of time, and that what provokes ill-manners out of others. I think we need members who can post knowledge that will benefit me, or else I really don't have much to benefit here.

Or sometimes I wonder as to why don't the knowledgeble people start topics to educate us and topics that would benefit us on the hereafter...I know they fear Allah of saying something that is wrong...

Anyway, I don't mean disrespect with anything I've said.

In a hadeeth related by At-Tirmithi, the Messenger of Allah,(saw) said :

"He is not of us who does not respect our elderly, is merciful to our

youth, and knows the rights of our those who teach us."

Edited by Orthodox

Thats why we have different sections sister , so members can express themselves in each forum as they feel and as per forum rules .

:sl: khair .

I think these sections should be avoided. You have people writing a five paragraph essay on things that I don't think have anything to do with Islam. There is a lot people do not know about Islam. I think we need to spread basics and talk about them more. :sl:

Edited by Orthodox

Assalamu alaikum, you are right there are people who cut and paste pages and pages, most of the times we move these threads to the appropriate sections, but we do have the New Muslim Q & A and the Non Muslim Q & A sections which deal with basic questions and simple answers as to not confuse the questioner. The answers in these sections are invisible and only those answers are approved and made visible by the team members that are short and to the point and are not confusing.

Those 2 sections are very helpful, inshaAllah check them out and post a feedback here.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Assalamu alaikum

Wa alykum Salalm

you are right there are people who cut and paste pages and pages
I was not speaking about that, but I'll admit that I'm guilty of it....

I was going to ask where do I paste fatwas.

Those 2 sections are very helpful, inshaAllah check them out and post a feedback here.

May Allah reward us all. Baraq Allahu fiqhum

Edited by Orthodox

Although this isn't my thread I would like to add my opinion if that's ok.

I've been warned/banned for things I have said which are in fact perfectly fine from an Islamic point of view. For example (and this is only one example) there was a thread not long ago regarding the punishment of apostates where I quoted numerous scholars including Shaykh Munajid, Shaykh Albani, Shaykh Uthaymeen, and Shaykh ibn Jibreen, and because of this I received a message asking to either stop posting what I was posting or leave the forum. I was also told that these scholars are considered to be extremists in the eyes of this forum; even though there are moderators on this forum who also quote these scholars. Yet the other poster who was going against the consensus of scholars was allowed to go on spreading falsehood. I was told that I was scaring non-Muslims away, but all I was doing is quoting what scholars of the past had said. If this forum is about sugarcoating Islam for the non-Muslims then add that to the list of rules so people who want to learn the truth can go elsewhere. If you feel so ashamed about the Laws of Allah :sl: that you would rather lie about them then make it known so others know what this forum was intended for. It would seem that you're banning people based on your own opinions and emotions and then asking why the forum is inactive; well maybe the two are linked? There's no reason why this forum shouldn't be active, it's high in search engines for several terms.

Also I asked for an explanation (very politely) as to what was wrong about what I said, and asking why these scholars are seen to be extreme in the eyes of the forum; I received no response. I expect I still wont get a response, in fact this post will probably disappear; which will only prove what I said above was correct. As long as this forum allows ignorance to spread, then I hope it wont be successful.

Lastly; my intention wasn't (and isn't) to cause trouble or make anyone look bad, but at the same time I would like to know the reason why the forum is run like this.

Although this isn't my thread I would like to add my opinion if that's ok.
No problem.

asking why the forum is inactive;

" So by Mercy from Allaah,(O Muhammad)you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude,and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you."

This is why the forum is inactive.

You're both being extreme in your tone, and are hateful and offensive toward eachother.

Do you want Allah and his messanger to be disbelieved? No. Then you better preserve, and this is obligatory, all harm that gets along the way.

How do you want hin to accept Islamic orthodoxy that way? And how does he expect this umma to improve geting people to follow what they like out of Islam and leaving the rest?

This is what is causing destrusction to this umma. People have left "extreme" scholars and taken speakers instead. We're becoming Jews.

Allah says that we are the best people that has appeared amongst the mankind;we enjoin the good and forbid evil.

How will we ever improve when we differ as to waht actual evil (extremism) and good is?

Simple:hate what Allah hates and love what Allah loves, in a very, very wise way;with kindness.

I demand that you both apologize to eachother if you have any fear for Allah!

As for the true schoars of this umma being extreme, I will paste them speaking about extrems and extremism, Insh-Allah.

We do not take them for saints. Our obedience is to Allah and His messanger, sall-Allahu alayhi wa salm, If the best man (Muhammad, saws) asked us to cross the ocean swimming , we would, and none of us would get behind.

Instead, people today see his,saws' Sunna evil and extreme. These scholars are very gentle, especially Bin Baz who is, comparing extremism to him, sky and earth.

The laws of Alalh are to scare people. Not in daw'ah, though. It was clear that Wattle doesn't want to be helped. We cannot help someone who doesn't want to be helped. On the contrary, we were defending ourselves from their attacks. It is hard to show kindness in this case. We eould have to have a great amount of knowledge to do that.

It’s a part of Islaam nonetheless, and they have a bigger problem than rejecting this principle, they reject Al-Rahmaan, Al-Khaaliq, the One who Created them from Nothing and to Him they will return.

brother Muhammad is a good poster and very accurate just like sis Redeem etc...

now let's activate this forum.

reading what akhi wrote above is this part true

I was also told that these scholars are considered to be extremists in the eyes of this forum;

Shaykh Munajid, Shaykh Albani, Shaykh Uthaymeen, and Shaykh ibn Jibreen shaykh muqbil shaykh ibn baz

Sister Orthodox who are you talking to here ? and what is it about exactly ?

Shaykh Munajid, Shaykh Albani, Shaykh Uthaymeen, shaykh ibn baz

I dont think they are extreme , they are Modern Day Salafi Scholars and May Allah SWT have mercy on those who are dead among them.

as for the other two i cant vouch for them .

Sister Orthodox who are you talking to here ?
To the poster and the unknown person.

and what is it about exactly ?
t's clear.

Thank you sister Orthodox for your concerns regarding banned members. Actually, we usually don't turn down banned members' request to come back in the forum, if its been a long time, and if their requests mentioned that they intend to respect our rules.

Please notice that one of our rules allows any member to apologize and promise not to break the rules in the future, and in return we cancel the action taken againt him/her.

As for the fatwa section, its my fault. Sorry for that. Its because its been some time since I checked there. Insha'Allah I'll reply to them all soon.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, which are always welcomed. :sl:

Brother al faqeer, instead of warning me just now you could have spoken to me and tried to understand the issue; by warning me you have only reinforced what I already knew.

If you want me to stop posting then go ahead and ban me completely.

Brother its nothing personal , but the rules are clear and all we do is implement them to keep order on the forum , i dont think anyone here is out just to ban you or stalk you on the forum.

By warning you we are trying to teach you the correct way of posting , the warning can be reduced as soon as we receive an apology.

shukran

JazzakAllahu Khayr for your time brother dot.

i dont think anyone here is out just to ban you or stalk you on the forum.
That's not what the brother ment. He only asked why.

“None of you is a believer until he loves for his brother (his fellow Muslims) what he loves for himself.†(Sahih Muslim)

Edited by Orthodox

Brother its nothing personal , but the rules are clear .....

By warning you we are trying to teach you the correct way of posting , the warning can be reduced as soon as ....

I had banned too, it hurt me bad.

My english is not good but i had to give suggestion about displaying hijriyah date on every Islamic website.

So, it's the try to teach me the correct way of posting.

alHamdulillah the hijriyah date is on now.

Interesting! Looks like the thread starter was banned!! Amazing!

For an Islamic forum, this is a very unforgiving place.However alot of Islamic forums are nowadays. But thats how it is, so we have to respect their rules.

Sign of the times.

We are willing to be forgiving at every corner. We just need something to reply on. Whenever anyone breaks a rule, if they apologize they're entitled to have their action reversed. But not everyone does. Some don't even read the rules.

There are a lot of enemies of Islam, that's why we are strict in banning all abusers and violators. If we kept the door open, this community will no longer enjoy its friendly atmosphere.

As for the topic starter, she threatened to harm the forum. What can you do?

Btw, we are willing to take back banned members anytime they contact us and ask for a new chance.