Islamic Forum
Orthodox

Dealing With Non-muslims

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

This is a scholarly topic and I wish that no one responds to it unless they have something good to say. Allah's messanger, sall-Allahu Alayhi wa salm is asking: “Do not initiate the salutation of ‘salâm’ with the People of the Book." [sahîh Muslim].

Althought it is disputable:

To start with, our Prophet (peace be upon him) never said we could not initiate greetings with non-Muslims. He said: “Do not initiate the salutation of ‘salâm’ with the People of the Book." [sahîh Muslim]. The People of the Book are the Christian and Jews, but this hadîth applies to all non-Muslims. This hadîth forbids us from saluting non-Muslims with the particular greeting of “salâm†before they greet us with it, but it certainly does not forbid us from using other types of salutations such as “Helloâ€, “Hiâ€, “Good morningâ€, “Good eveningâ€, “How are you†and the like. Therefore, it is perfectly alright for a Muslim who works with non-Muslims or resides in their countries to initiate these kinds of salutation with them. Moreover, it is worth poining out that some scholars have permitted initiating the greeting of “salâm†with non-Muslims in special cases. Ibn al-Qayyim said: “Some scholars allowed us to greet the unbelievers with this salutation for some reasons; such as being in need of them, in fear them, or simply on account of having a good relationship with one of them or any other good reason.†[Zâd al-Ma`âd (2/425)] And Allah knows best.
(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.islamtoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/node/1371"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.islamtoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/node/1371[/url]

“The likeness of a good companion and a bad companion is that of a perfume seller and one who works the bellows. With the perfume seller, either he will give you something or you will buy something from him, or you will notice a good smell from him, but with the one who works the bellows, either he will burn your clothes or you notice a bad smell from him.†Narrated by Muslim, no. 2628.

is it permissible for a Muslim to befriend, visit and study with a Christian friend?

A: It is permissible for a Muslim to kindly treat Kafirs (disbelievers) who are not in a state of war with Islam, reciprocate their good treatment, as well as exchange beneficial things and presents with them. However, a Muslim must not befriend non-Muslims in a way that involves deep feelings of affection and support for them.

( Part No : 26,Page No:90)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalifta(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatawa/fatawaD...=8&PageID=9681"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalifta(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatawa/fatawaD...=8&PageID=9681[/url]

I know this is a daw'ah forum so all I will say is that we must remember that they do shirk to Allah.

P;ease read these beautiful "fatwas:"

Try to read the following threads as they discuss walaa and Baraa:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showthread.php?p=38079"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showthread.php?p=38079[/url]

Read the following posts only from this thread (disregard others posts in this thread)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showp...25&postcount=1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showp...25&postcount=1[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showp...8&postcount=27"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showp...8&postcount=27[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showp...9&postcount=28"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showp...9&postcount=28[/url]

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, sister Orthodox, could you please explain the quote below, this is an open Forum and you have posted this in the "Basic Islamic Discussions" section, so there will be responses this way or that way.

This is a scholarly topic and I wish that no one responds to it unless they have something good to say.

Only 1 link (the first one) worked for me, the others do not, so please check them out.

JazaakAllahu Khairan.

Wassalamu Alaikum.

Assalamu Alaikum, sister Orthodox

Wa Alaykum Salam authy al karimah

The reason I put it under this section is because guests (a lots of them visit everyday) cannot view the advanced section. I did post this because it is very imporant to know. It is amongs fundamental believs of a Muslim. The majority of scholars are of my view presented in the links I've quoted. Since it is a complex one scholars write paraghaphs to convince others of it, that is why I prefear not to discuss it since I can't...

It is explained under the links which I can only paste. For some reason the site doens't work when I paste such fatwas elsewhere.

jazzakAllahu Khayr

To add something else. We face this everday. All our actions should be in accordance to Islamic teachings since we are created for that. When a non-Muslim sneezes, we should sa:y "May Alalh guide you." We can say "bless you" with the intention for them to get guided.It is better to be brave and do it as Rsool, saws.

Edited by Orthodox

But there is a verse in the Qur'an that goes something like this "And the servants of Allah are those that walk the Earth in humility. That when the ignorant address them they say peace (salaam)"

But exceptions are made in some cases when that is for a purpose or need, such as greeting them with words other than salaam when necessary, or treating them kindly when calling them to Islam. That includes smiling at them.

Please read the rest which provides evidence of this and the above: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showthread.php?t=8488"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetahlalhdeeth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/vbe/showthread.php?t=8488[/url]

Brother,may Allah have mercy upon you, as laypeople, we can't quote the Qur'aan and hadeeths without scholars (Salaf us Sahih). How do you understand the Qur'aan and the Sunna?

The Qur'aan and the Sunna go together. They are from the same source. This would make two religions if you interpret the Qur'aam by the Qur'aan and then the Sunna by its self. And the Qur'aan by itself. Muhammad, sall-Allahu alayhiwa salam, interpreted the Qur'aan. The interpretation of the Qur'aan is the Sunna.The Qur'aan is the Sunna, the Sunna is the Qur'aan. Please read what the Sunna is:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731473&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731473&hl=[/url]

For example, when Allah says that the food of the sea is permitted, we look in the Sunna to find if anything restricts it. Yes it does. The scholars have no choice but to combine them both.

Allaah says: “And We revealed to you (O Muhammad), the Reminder (i.e. the Sunnah), in order for you to explain to mankind what was (already) revealed to them, and so that they may reflect.†[surah An-Nahl: 44]

Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: “I was indeed given the Qur’aan and something similar to it along with it (the SunnT). It is imminent (about to happen, smile) that there will come a time where a man who has eaten to his full will recline on his couch and say: ‘Stick to the Qur’aan. Whatever you find in it that is Halaal (lawful), then declare it lawful. And whatever you find in it that is Haraam (unlawful), then declare it unlawful!’ Whereas, whatever Allaah’s Messenger made unlawful is just like what Allaah made unlawful.â€

[1] A Mutawaatir hadeeth is a narration that has been reported by a group of people that is so large that it is impossible to conceive that they conspired to lie regarding it.

Read:you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forum.athaar(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/showthread.php?t=90

And, you must be very careful when it comes to religious texts.

There is this science of the Qur'aan (forgot what's called) in which it explains why each verse was revealed and or to which case.

Quoting verses and hadeeths that do not apply to cases is impermissible.

Edited by Orthodox

This is a scholarly topic and I wish that no one responds to it unless they have something good to say.

Asalaamu Alaikum, Here we go once again. Are you a scholar yourself? What gives you the right to blindly copy and paste whatever you like but others in here can't comment? Do you own this section of the forum?

Just so that others know the user "orthodox" has already been banned from many Islamic forums for her terrible attitude, stance and behaviour towards others but it seems that this forums moderators have been tolerant towards her thus far.

Let us see how long you will last here until someone sees sense to ban you once again as you cause more harm than any benefit and when non Muslims read your posts they would surely get put off Islam. The fact is you are a very bad example for Muslims and i hope inshallah the moderators in here see sense to ban you.

May Allah guide you. In case you haven't noticed, that was a hadeeth. If you have something personal against me, I really do not know how to help you. I'm sorry I casued that you hate me.

Best wishes on this life and the hereafer.

Never speak to me again since I have been tolerant toward you. I apologize to the forum since this is about ME, not Islam, goodbye!!!

I warn you to not continue.

Edited by Orthodox

May Allah guide you. In case you haven't noticed, that was a hadeeth. If you have something personal against me, I really do not know how to help you. I'm sorry I casued that you hate me.

Best wishes on this life and the hereafer.

May Allah guide me? You talk as though you are guided and are not in need of any guidance. This is your usual stance. Do not talk as though you have never met me becaused you know very well that you have caused terrible offence to me and many others in here and your terrible attitude and behaviour has got you banned in many other Islamic forums. It is only a matter of time until moderators in here realise that you cause more harm than good and that you should not be allowed to operate in this forum. You are blind to your own terible behaviour and you refuse to do anything about it whilst continuously causing offence to others. Hope you realise before its too late.

May Allah forgive you. Have you been moderating my posts I wonder? If not then you are guessing due to your whims and desires. I've explained my intention. I do not mind getting banned, brother.

And by the way, I used different user names on other forums...

THe only reason I think you hate me is because I left your Deobandi forum. Crkni sad.

Sp don't act like your warnings are about daw'ah. You hate those who do not stick to a madhab and I know what kind of hatered your kind spread because I discussed with them on th elinks under your signature...

Hamza, his posts, are full of "The largest group are the ones who are guided." "Hanafi mahab is the most populated." No disrespect to the greatest imam of the umma, but please get lost. I bet the majority otlaws musical instruments.He.

Edited by Orthodox

May Allah forgive you. Have you been moderating my posts I wonder? If not then you are guessing due to your whims and desires. I've explained my intention. I do not mind getting banned, brother.

And by the way, I used different user names on other forums...

THe only reason I think you hate me is because I left your Deobandi forum. Crkni sad.

Sp don't act like your warnings are about daw'ah. You hate those who do not stick to a madhab and I know what kind of hatered your kind spread because I discussed with them on th elinks under your signature...

Hamza, his posts, are full of "The largest group are the ones who are guided." "Hanafi mahab is the most populated." No disrespect to the greatest imam of the umma, but please get lost. I bet the majority otlaws musical instruments.He.

There let others see the nasty side of you once again. I never made any of those comments about sticking to a madhab and about hanafi madhab being the most populated, so i wonder where you got all of that from? Why are you telling me to get lost can you not control your anger? Why do you always resort to verbal abuse?

You were only banned from forums like Islamic board for your terrible behaviour and attitiude. I don't recall Islamicboard or Allahuakbar forums being deobandi but the other forums which you were banned from i am not aware of and only you know which ones.

This user was banned from Islamicboard for constantly losing her temper with non Muslims and towards other members. She were also banned on allahu akbar forums for the same reason.

Please try to control your anger or take anger management counselling because this issue has caused you to be banned from so many forums and your approach is offending people and pushing non Muslims away from Islam after seeing how you conduct yourself towards others. Your approach is doing more harm than good and you do not even understand what you constantly copy and paste.

Why do you hate those who follow one madhab? Why do you consantly cause disunity with your approach? You cause more harm than good and are a terrible example of Muslims. We should unite not disunite. Therefore your pproach is causing disunity. We talked about this before but you have got worse ever since. You have an instilled hatered for all of those who don't follow your path.

May Allah rid this ummah of those who aim to disunite it. Ameen

Dear brother, you write a lot and if I read it it will only upset me more. I am not allowed to dislike you or any other brothers and sisters. That my emotions exceed that because of your ideology ....

I love aunty UmAhmad who follows a madhab.. and so many other people.

I do request forgivness.

So weird..

Edited by Orthodox

:sl:

Brother Hamza81

Your attack on the sister was uncalled for. She politely asked you to stop addressing her, yet you didn't stop. Topics are for discussing issues and not to be used as private messages. I don't understand why you are trying to defame the sister. Besides, making dua that Allah may guide you shouldn't upset you. If you repeated that behavior you will force us to take actions against you.

Regarding madaheb, this forum thinks that it is not advisable to strictly follow one specific madhab, otherwise people could become like sect followers.

I suggest that both you and the sister ignore each other's posts. You can do so by going to the other member's profile and select "ignore user" from the Options drop-down menu.

:sl:

Thanks a lot.