Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zainab Haseen

The Date-palm And Its Uses

Which of your Lord's marvels can you deny? In them are fruits, date palms, and pomegranate. [Quran 55:67-68]

What is a miracle? The best definition would be “an event that appears so incomprehensible naturally which is to be held as a source or act of God†or “an act beyond the human powerâ€. We know that Quran is a book based on knowledge, miracles and facts. We also know that date is a very delicious fruit and it has been mentioned in many places in Quran that date is as honored as a blessing of the paradise. It’s one of the most oldest known species of plant and its preferred strongly by doctors not only for its yummy taste but also for it nutritious benefits.

“And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree; she cried (in her anguish) "Ah! Would that I had died before this! Would that I been a thing forgotten and out of sight." But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): Grieve not! For thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee; and shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: it will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee. So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye.†[Quran 19:23-26]

The date is an excellent fruit for pregnant women and also for those who just given birth to a child and that’s an accepted scientific fact. The dates also contain about 10 elements of vital importance for keeping a body healthy and energetic. An expert doctor also claimed that “Modern-day scientists state that human beings can actually live for years on nothing more than dates and water.†[110 V.H.W. Dowson]

Now we can also acknowledge the fact that Quran told us fourteen centuries ago about the benefits of date which has been later discovered the medical science. These things prove one thing and that is the infinite knowledge of Allah for human beings in the form of Quran.

PropellerAds

Salam,

So can you post specific benefits of dates, specifically, the ajwa type which if one eats 7 every morning he has protection from the shaytaan.

Salam, never mind my question. I found the reply under the topic:

Benefits Of Dates, History and Benefits of Ajwa Dates