Islamic Forum
Ewany

Olay, Sunsilk, Etc. Halal? Haram? Help.

Bismillah. Salam dear gawaher-ians. It's been a long time. >_< Hope you're all fine.

So, I want to ask about products. As we're all aware food such as pork, wine are haram right but we're not aware of the shampoos, soap, toothpaste, lotion, etc we used everyday. As you can see from the topic, I just used an olay cream & sunsilk conditioner. Then.. it hit me. Yeah, I'm struggling. I'm afraid I might be getting sin because if it DOES contains haram things in it, then yeah. :'S

Allah’s messenger companion and uncle Saad Ibn Abi Waqas asked him to pray to Allah for him so that Allah will always answer his Dawaa. Allah’s messenger prayer and peace upon him said: “O Saad, make sure that what you eat is good and pure, your Dawaa will be always answered. By He who has my soul in His hand, whenever a man throws a piece of Haram inside him, Allah will not accept any thing from him for 40 days. Any slave who’s flesh grow out of ill-gotten and usury, he shall be more worthy of the Fire†-hadith.

You get the hadith above right.

Is it okay if you just knew about it and then repent immediately?

I'm going to take a looooooooooooong shower now, getting it all off. >_____<

Please answer/reply A.S.A.P ! Shukran.. >_<

PropellerAds

:sl:

I don't know.

But I think Muslims are making life harder for themselves than it already is...

:sl:

I think that your concerns are praiseworthy sister Ewany. I myself am confused regarding this matter. Since we do not know, always stay on the safe side. I do not see the need for all these creams. I do not use any. When I have to, I do and after the prayer I rinse it out very well. As you did. If you are speaking of alcohol, majority of scholars say that a 1% of it is halal. However, I would avoid it. I do not know the amount of alcohol in those creams. I need to ask this to a Mufti.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731512&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=731512&hl=[/url]

The Ruling on using Perfumes which contain a certain amount of Alcohol in order to clean Wounds

Question:

Is the external use of perfumes and scents which contain a certain amount of alcohol permissible to clean wounds?

Answer:

The answer to this question requires clarification on two points:

Firstly: Is Khamr unclean, or not?

On this question, scholars have differed…most of them say that the alcohol is physically impure, meaning that if it is spilt on the clothing or the body, it must be purified. There are also among the scholars those who say that alcohol is not physically impure, because physical impurity is a legal ruling, which requires evidence, and there is no evidence of that. And if it is not confirmed by legal evidence that alcohol is impure, then fundamentally, it is pure. Some may say that the evidence is in the Book of Allaah, the Most High:

íóÇ ÃóíøõåóÇ ÇáøóÃöíäó ÂãóäõæÇú ÅöäøóãóÇ ÇáúÎóãúÑõ æóÇáúãóíúÓöÑõ æóÇáÃóäÕóÇÈõ æóÇáÃóÒúáÇóãõ ÑöÌúÓñ ãøöäú Úóãóáö ÇáÔøóíúØóÇäö ÃóÇÌúÊóäöÈõæåõ áóÚóáøóßõãú ÊõÃúáöÃõæäó

"O you who believe! Khamr (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al*-Ansaab, and Al*-Azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are Rijs of Shaitaan's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful." [surah Al-Ma'idah 5:90]

And Rijs means filth, as Allaah, the Most High says:

Þõá áÇøó ÃóÌöÃõ Ãöí ãóÇ ÃõæúÃöíó Åöáóíøó ãõÃóÑøóãðÇ Úóáóì ØóÇÚöãò íóØúÚóãõåõ ÅöáÇøó Ãóä íóßõæäó ãóíúÊóÉð Ãóæú ÃóãðÇ ãøóÓúÃõæÃðÇ Ãóæú áóÃúãó ÎöäÒöíÑò ÃóÅöäøóåõ ÑöÌúÓñ Ãóæú ÃöÓúÞðÇ Ãõåöáøó áöÛóíúÑö Çááøåö Èöåö

"Say (O Muhammad): "I find not in that which has been inspired to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork, etc.) for that surely is impure, or impious (unlawful) meat (of an animal) which is slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah."" [surah al-An'am 6:145]

That is, the above mentioned foods, the Maitah, pork or blood poured forth are all Rijs, meaning unclean. And the evidence that Rijs here means unclean is the saying of the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wassalam) concerning the skin of the dead animal, that water purifies it, so his saying: “It purifies it†is a proof that it was unclean, and this is something well known to the scholars. But it may be said in reply to this that what is meant by Rijs here is spiritual unlceanness, not physical uncleanness, the of which is the Words of Allaah, the Most High:

ÑöÌúÓñ ãøöäú Úóãóáö ÇáÔøóíúØóÇäö

"Rijs of Shaitaan's (Satan) handiwork." [surah al-Ma'idah 5:90]

Additional evidence is the fact that gambling, Al-Ansab and Al-Azlam are not physically unclean, and the description (Rijs) here is all four: alcoholic drinks, gambling Al-Ansab and Al-Azlam… and if the description applies to all four of these things, then the ruling on all of them is the same.

Also, those who say that alcohol is not physically unclean have another proof from the Sunnah, which is that when the prohibition of alcoholic drinks was revealed, the Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wassalam) did not order the vessel to be washed clean of it. Likewise, the Companions emptied them out in the markets, and if it was unclean, they would not have emptied them out in the markets, because that would necessitate pollution being spread throughout them.

Secondly: Since it is clear that the Khamr is not physically unclean - and that is the most authoritative saying in my opinion – then alcohol is not physically impure, but spiritually impure, because the alcohol which inebriates is Khamr, according to the words of the Prohpet (Sallallaahu alayhi wassalam):

ßõáøõ ãõÓúßöÑò ÎóãúÑñ

“Everything which inebriates is Khamr.â€

And if it is Khamr, then its useas a beverage or a food , by being mixed with certain food to give flavour to it is clearly forbidden by the Book and agreement of the Scholars. But as for use for other things, such as cleansing bacteria and the like, it is a matter of opinion, and whoever avoids it is more prudent… but I cannot say that it is forbidden, though I do not use it myself, except when necessary, such as sterilising wounds and such likes.

Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen

Fatawa Islamiyah, Vol. 2, p26-28, DARUSSALAM.

Also, where do you get your meat sister?

Edited by Orthodox

as a christian its not what goes into a man that defiles but rather what comes out.

that doesnt mean to say that we can live a life like the devil and please ourselves.

if we have a repentant heart and are truly born again of the spirit of our lord jesus christ

then he is just and will clenase us and forgive us our sins.

all of us have sinned and fell short of the glory of god i fact all that is due to us

as non beleivers in christ is the wrath of god but christ dies while we where yet sinners!

its not about what we eat or what shampoos we use god looks at the heart.

its the entire sinful nature in man that is what god wants to deal with.

trust me eating and abstaining from certain foods and drink is common sense but

if we have not accepted christ as lord and saviour and are trying to get to heaven

by trying to keep the laws which we keep breaking and condemn us then we are

in serious trouble.

if we have a repentant heart and are truly born again of the spirit of our lord jesus christ

then he is just and will clenase us and forgive us our sins.

I think we're going off topic. A sincere repentance is to have the intention to never go back to the sin. And to stop the sin.

its not about what we eat or what shampoos we use god looks at the heart.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and deeds".

[Muslim].

Commentary: This Hadith highlights the importance of sincerity and good intention. It is, therefore, essential that every noble action should be based on these two virtues; and heart should be free from all such things that destroy noble deeds. Hypocrisy, ostentation, greed for wealth, riches and other wordly things fall in the category of such evils. Since the true condition of heart is known to Allah alone, the true position of one's actions will be known on the Day of Resurrection when one will be requited for them by Alah. In this world, one will be treated according to his apparent condition while his insight will be left to Allah.

All iintentions should be made for the pleasure of Allah otherwise they won't be accepted. Whatever we do, we should try to please Allah, not ourselves...

Those who believe truly please tehmselves knowing they please Allah.

if we have not accepted christ as lord and saviour and are trying to get to heaven

by trying to keep the laws which we keep breaking and condemn us then we are

in serious trouble.

n the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."

(This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat al-Kursi)

Thanks sister Orthodox. Well since my mom bought the cream for me I guess I have no choice but to use them (well, before I knew about all these). Yeah. :sl: Sometimes my mom complained of why the bottle is still half full and so on. I don't want to throw it away. I don't even know how to recycle it. :s About the meat, Alhamdulillah I live in an Islamic country + the selling of pork here isn't allowed. All the food product we bought have halal sign and have been assured by the Ministry of Religious Affair. fyi, I live in Brunei, so don't worry. :sl:

For now, I avoid using the cream. thanks sister..

Got it!

Does the cream invalidate wudoo’ or not?

Does the cream which people use on their hands and face invalidate wudoo’ or not?

Praise be to Allaah.

For a woman to use cream on her face does not break wudoo’, neither does it break one’s fast. Similarly, using lipstick does not break one’s wudoo’ or one’s fast, but when one is fasting, if these cosmetics have any flavour they should not be used in any way that may lead to the flavour reaching the throat.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, vol. 11, p. 201.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/cat/141&page=2"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/cat/141&page=2[/url]