Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Zainab Haseen

The Blessings Of Salat

Salat (prayer) is one of the five pillars in Islam and it’s also one of the most important elements for faith. Quran constantly declares the offering of prayers and its benefits and that it is a fundamental characteristic for a believer. In Quran, Allah says:

“And enjoin Prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not for provision; it is We that provide for thee. And the end is for the righteous.†[Quran Ta-Ha 20: 132]

Offering Salat regularly strengthens the belief, faith and the spiritual abilities of a person. In order to maintain a relationship with Allah, its best to offer Prayer five times a day. Before offering prayer we also purify our body by doing Wudu (ablution) and Salat also purifies our soul. Allah created human kind and ordered them to worship Him, and Salat is the best option for worshipping Allah. In Quran it has been said that:

“Recite that which has been revealed to thee of the Book, and observe Prayer. Surely, Prayer restrains one from indecency and manifest evil, and remembrance of Allah indeed is the greatest virtue. And Allah knows what you do.†[Quran 29:46]

Muslims offer Salat five times a day:

• Fajr (Dawn)

• Zuhr (Noon)

• Asar (After-noon)

• Maghrib (Sunset)

• Isha (Nighttime)

While praying we recite verses from Quran. Our prophet Muhammad S.A.W. said: “Tell me if one of you had a stream running at his door and he should take a bath in it five times every day would any dirt be left upon him? He was answered: No dirt would be left on him. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be on him) observed: This is the case of the five prayers. Allah wipes out all faults in consequence of them.†[bukhari]

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum,

thanks for sharing...

"In order to maintain a relationship with Allah, its best to offer Prayer five times a day."

It is obligatory for one to pray the 5 prayers. I would change that sentence to read, "... it is required that one offer prayer five times a day."

Thank you dear sister for this post.

I also assist on praying 5 times a day, though i do try my utter best but i still miss my fajar prayers :sl:

Salam Brother Ali,

you seems like a nice person. my suggestion is that try to sleep early and you will be able to wake up early for Fajr.

Zainab.

salam alaykoum Mohammad Ali

Fajr prayer has great reward and we musn't miss it.

We ought to do our best to pray it in time because prayer is essential in our live

I know persons who start to pray it in time : they fill a hapiness which can't be replaced by other thing than worshipping Allah as He want, but,fajr need patience and after, it will be easer incha Allah