Islamic Forum
Orthodox

Sisters On The Display

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatu Allahi wa Barakatuh

I hope everyone is well. I am not a person with knowledge neither can I think of reasons why I would like the sisters to take off their photos from teh internet and elsewhere. It is like posting your picture in a bar, or worse? Allah tells us to lower our gaze and many sister with their pictures aren't doing that.

I'm not better than anybody neither am I criticizing my beloved sisters in Islam. I love you all very much. That's why I am pasting this. So anyone who has the power to take off the videos of sisters on you tube etc..I think they should do that.

PropellerAds

I agree.

"Do not talk, listen or do anything vain" (23:3, 28:55)

Even the Quran said so. :sl:

Think logically dear sisters.

:sl:

agree with sis samia.

Men need to control themselves instead of blaming women so much.

:sl:

Everyone who posted on this topic is a sister. It's not about genders, it is about striving to be the best you can be, by what Allah, SWT and the prophet, PBUH taught us.

I don't know the ruling about brothers. We are different than the brothers. I have not come across one brother who blamed women for what they feel. They probably condemned that what every Muslim must; enjoin the good and forbid the evil.

Edited by Orthodox

I totally understand where you are coming from :sl:

and you are right!

I just feel that women need to stop blaming their own gender all the time.

OF COURSE we must be modest, as should the brothers aswell!

When a brother blames women in western countries for their temptation as the women wear revealing clothes, the males must also blame themselves for not lowering their gaze.

The Noble Qur'an 24:30

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.

I just feel that women need to stop blaming their own gender all the time.

OF COURSE we must be modest, as should the brothers aswell!

I wasn't blaming. I haven't come across brotehrs with a bunch of pictures on you tube videos. No one would put a song then pictures of a bunch of brotehrs. Plus, these things must be stricter on the sisters in my opinion. We are commanded to cover the feet too.

According to the majority of scholars, the feet must be covered; some scholars allow uncovering the feet but the majority say the opposite. Abu Dawud reported from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she was asked about a woman who prayed in a khimaar and qamees (dress or gown). She said, "There is nothing wrong with it if the dir’ (chemise) covers her feet." In any case, it is better to cover the feet, to be on the safe side.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ref=1046&ln=eng"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ref=1046&ln=eng[/url]

When a brother blames women in western countries for their temptation as the women wear revealing clothes,
This may or may not be true. If they are, temptation is something it is very hard to control sometimes.

the males must also blame themselves for not lowering their gaze.
There are bad men as there are bad women. There are pious men as there are pious women.

May Allah have mercy upon you.

Edited by Orthodox

I hope you do not mind me adding to this, but I would like to agree with both of you. As I am coming from outside, I believe this for all men and women. The internet is the most irresponsibly used creation of humanity. Anything you put on it, stays on it forever. It has so many dark places. I wish both men and women would refrain from posting indecent images, including youtube. Men should be treated equally to women. What Samia :sl: brings up is a very true problem. Many men, not just in the west, blame women for their own weaknesses. They say things like, "it was her fault I did that to her. See how she was dressed." Even in courts of law perhaps 20 years ago or less, men could get away with kind of horror, making the victim the criminal, in the US. Men need to guard their own weaknesses, be responsible for their own actions, and be just as modest as women, in my opinion.

panentheist13

Men should be treated equally to women.
Men are different to women. Logic tells me they cannot be treated in a same way. For exanple, clothes. They can be treated justly. I am not saying men are superior to women. To Allah, the one who fears Him more, is superior.

. Many men, not just in the west, blame women for their own weaknesses.
As a Muslim, I do not know many men. I have not come across one that blames women for their sexual desires. A Muslim would be shy to say such a thing. If we are speaking of Muslim men, they probably criticized women for not following the path of goodness.

My interest is Islam, not specific cases that are either unjust or portrayed in a false way. If they are not, for me, cases that have nothing to do with Islam, prove nothing.

I dislike that men are being blamed here. There are blameworthy men as there are blameworthy women. Why are we singuling out men for blaming women? Many women blame men. I disliike giving personal opinions because people might think it is what Islam teaches. I do not know my religion very much. However, I agree that we are responsible for our actions. But it would be easier for the cause of these actions not to be a distraction for example.

Edited by Orthodox

My apologies. I did carry the topic past Islam. I've inserted too much of my ego into my posts for which I apologize. I act with good intent but get carried away. Peace be with you :sl:

panthentheist13

My apologies as well. Same problem here. It is good to recognize the faults within ourselves.

Peace