Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Quran Qani?

:sl:

Is this bidah?

PropellerAds

Is what bid'ah?! What does Qani mean? And Ramadhan is coming up, InshAllah. And may I know why the question?

Edited by Orthodox

Is what bid'ah?! What does Qani mean? And Ramadhan is coming up, InshAllah. And may I know why the question?

I think its a urdu word.. basically meaning reading Quran after a person passes away! in their name or something..

where is umAhmed :sl: ???

There are difference stances on this issue bro Hasib not all the Sunni madhabs have the same stance.

Imam Ahmad and other scholars also relayed the same ruling. Imam Al-Qadi Abul Fadl `Iyad said something to that effect in his commentary book to Sahih Muslim when explaining the Hadith of the female slave in which the Prophet, peace be upon him, said about two recently buried Muslims, after he split a moist palm branch into two and fixed the two branches over the graves: “We hope that any punishment will be eased while the branches are still moistâ€. Specifically, Al-Qadi `Iyad said: “Scholars deduced from this Hadith that it is likeable (mustahab) to read the Qur’an upon the dead, because if punishment could be eased by the tasbih (glorifying Allah) of the branches which are objects, then given the priority of the Qur’an, its recitation upon the dead would be likeableâ€. This ruling was also conveyed from him and it was agreed upon by Al-Abiyy in his explanation book to Sahih Muslim. Another piece of evidence testifying to the benefiting of the dead Muslim from the Qur’anic recitation of another is the Hadith narrated by Ma`qal bin Yasar in which the Prophet peace be upon him says: “Recite the verses of Surat Yasin upon your dead†(narrated by Abu Dawud, An-Nasa’iyy and Ibn Majah, who classified it as a Sahih Hadith).

Imam al-Khattabi said, “There is a clear evidence in this narration that it is

recommended to recite the Majestic Book (the Quran) at the graves, for verily, if there

is hope for one’s punishment to be lightened because of the glorification of a plant,

then the recitation of the Quran is far more hopeful and greater in blessings†[‘Umdah

al-Qari, vol. 1, pg. 88].

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_darulfatwa(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/content/view/24/156/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_darulfatwa(contact admin if its a beneficial link).au/content/view/24/156/[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=90864"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/emainpage/index.ph...Id&Id=90864[/url]

Allah knows best

I think its a urdu word.. basically meaning reading Quran after a person passes away! in their name or something..

where is umAhmed ???

Wa Alaykum SALAM

I do not know akhi, sorry.... I do know that we can do many things for dead parents for example. I do not know about others besides parents?

Well, if I am to fast for an individual, for example, you fast for Allah's sake, but you ask Allah to gift the reward of such act to the deceased. .....

But I think what that is must be different. I know that surah Yassin is something people do..

Assalamu Alaikum, Qur'aan Qani, I don't know if it is a Urdu word or Persian, but basically the term is used when someone gathers people together nor just after a death of a person but anytime and everyone sits and reads different Juzz od the Qur'aan in such a way that the recitation of the Whole Qur'aan is completed 1,2,3 or more times.

Like brother alfaqeer said it is a controversial issue, meaning different people have different opinions, saying that if someone insists that the complete Qur'aan has to be recited and people sit and read 3 or 4 juzz thinking that it is not good to leave part of the Qur'aan unread , then it becomes a BIDAH. The best thing to do is read whatever we can and make duaa for the dead.

Some people insist (think it is compulsory) on having the same type of recitation on the death anniversaries of people or when they buy a new house or if they cannot find a job, or if they find a job, or if someone is sick, etc. etc. Which consists to Bidah, because there is nothing like this associated to RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam.

Wallahu Alam, may Allah forive me if I have said something wrong.

Wassalaamu Alaikum.

Qur’an Qani means gathering to read the Qur’an; if people gather and read the Qur’an for the deceased, its bidah but if a person reads the Qur’an on his own and gives the reward for that to the deceased has two scholarly views (a) it’s permissible and the reward for his recitation will reach the deceased and (b) it’s not prescribed to give the reward for the recitation to anyone because there is no daleel to indicate that this is prescribed. Where there is a difference of opinion amongst the ulema one is better off not doing it.

Astonishingly after the burial people have ‘special gatherings' and on the 3rd and 40th day everyone is invited to recite the Qur’an and eat a meal cooked by the relatives – furthermore on asking them why, they sagaciously state that the soul of the deceased starts to roam the house on the 3rd day after the burial and on the 40th day it takes all the rewards of the recitation of the Qur’an and leaves for its next stage!!!! Apparently these 'rewards' is the gates of janah!

These ‘rituals’ have been invented and has no basis in Islam! It's reprehensible innovation as there are no reports whatsoever that states that Rasul’Allah, the Sahabah (RA), the Tabi’een (RA) and Taba’tabi’een (RA) ever carried out such a practice! Anything that is practised in Islam one should try to find its source either from the Qur'an or in the ahadith which has sound isnads rather than following on heresy.

There is one more very common kind of ibaadah practiced in India ,

Reading the kalima / durood-e-nabi 1000x or whatsoever the number may be n then ask Allah to bless the deceased .

Daleel -: No, the scholars have pointed out that doing an act of worship at a specific time or in a specific place, or in a specific manner, that has not been narrated, is regarded as innovation - bid’ah idafiyah.

There is a hadith in the Al Tirmidhi #204 that states that the Sahabah were sitting at the door of Abd-Allah ibn Masud (RA) before fajr. When Abd-Allah ibn Masud (RA) came out he said that when he came out of the masjid he saw a group of people sitting in circles waiting for the fajr salat. Each one of them had pebbles and they were chanting the takbir ( Allahu Akhbar (100x), followed by la ilaaha illallah (100x), followed by Subhan’Allah (100x)). One of the sahabi, Abd Al Rahman (RA) said – ‘this is an innovation! Oh ummah of Rasul’Allah, how quickly have you become doomed! The Sahabah (RA) are still alive and Rasul’Allah’s cloak has not worn out and his (SAW) vessel is not yet broken! By the One in whose hand is my soul, you are following a misguided path of Rasul’Allah and opening the doors of bidah!’

There is no ahadith in the six books that states this form of sending blessings to either the deceased or even Rasul’Allah.

Ma'a Salaama