Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
al faqeer

World’s Oldest Bible

The world’s oldest known Christian Bible is now online — but worryingly for Christians, the 1,600-year-old text doesn’t match the one you’ll find in churches today!

The British government bought most of the pages of the ancient manuscript in 1933,

Discovered in a monastery in the Sinai desert in Egypt more than 160 years ago, the handwritten Codex Sinaiticus includes two books that are not part of the official New Testament and at least seven books that are not in the Old Testament.

The New Testament books are in a different order, and include numerous handwritten corrections — some made as much as 800 years after the texts were written, according to Christian bible scholars who worked on the project of putting this worlds oldest Bible online. The changes range from the alteration of a single letter to the insertion of whole sentences.

And some familiar — very important — passages are missing, including verses dealing with the resurrection of Jesus, they said.

Juan Garces, the British Library project curator, said “it should be no surprise that the ancient text is not quite the same as the modern one, since the Bible has developed and changed over the years.“

An official translation of the book has already been produced by Christians, but true to form they twist things already to decieve the weak and are adding verses not found in the Greek codex into the translation for English readers.

For example,

John 16:15, Mark 15:47, Matthew 24:35.

These verses are not in the codex, yet they put a translation for it. You can check the site and you will find that the Greek verse does not exist!!!

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_codexsinaiticus(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_codexsinaiticus(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/[/url]

Even with this tampering (and Christians do love to tamper with what they consider to be the word of God don’t they?) scholars and lay people alike are beginning to find many problems for Christians where the Codex and the modern bibles differ, sometimes on matters of massive significance.

For Example,

Mark 1:1, the phrase “the son of God†is not found in the codex.

Codex: The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ,

NIV: The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

KJV: The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

John’s Trinity the verse 1 John 5:7, then the codex doesn’t mention the Trinity.

Codex:

7 For they that testify are three,

8 the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are one.

KJV:

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

The phrase “the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.†is not found in the Codex!!!

If any Christian would like to read an English Translation of God’s last and final message to mankind, – The Quran, which has no changes since the time of its revelation they should contact their nearest Masjid or Islamic group.

Thousands of people in the west embrace Islam every year, especially women and if you have any questions about Islam or wish to become Muslim or just find out more then you are welcome to contact us on…

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_theislamicstandard.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2010/08/09/worlds-oldest-bible-available-online/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_theislamicstandard.wordpress(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/20...ailable-online/[/url]

PropellerAds

You are talking about a complete “Bible†of all the letters written, that is over 300 years after the last letter was written. The New Testament translations, we have today comes from 24,000 ancient hand written manuscripts in 17 different languages with over 8000 being in the original Koine Greek language some date back over two hundred years earlier than this Coptic Bible. The 24,000 manuscripts used to develop the best translation are 97+% word for word consistent and 100% consistent in content (tell the same message).

As far as the books added in the Coptic Bible, they really do not “contradict†the rest, but are not thought to be inspired. Epistle of Barnabas is not thought to be written by the companion of Paul, but a local Egyptian Barnabas that really speaks to Christians 9especially Gentile Christians) being separated from Jews. The Shepherd of Hermas is a song book for the most part.

The system God used to protect and preserve His inspired works was to allow man to participate in His work, but that does not mean God would allow humans to mess His message up. The actual words themselves are from inspired individuals, but are not God’s dictated words, so they can be translated and not need protection with reference, but kept as just one tool God provided and designed it to be. By allowing each individual believer to take on the responsibility of determining what is and is not: inspired by God requires us to: think, know His word from man’s words, question all writings, study God’s word with an open mind, pray for the indwell Holy Spirit’s help and work with the indwelling Holy Spirit to know and not be deceived by man’s attempts to pass off their own works as God.

The bible is composed of

less than 3% word of God

Some % word of the Prophets

3/4 word of the Historians and 3rd persons claiming to be inspired

it also includes mutilation and almost ###### like verses .

So how is the Bible the word of God and after digging up evidence mentioned above isnt it obvious its not ?

I don't really think this discovery makes that big a difference. Christians have already known about there being different variations in various textual traditions, which is why most modern translations do not use a single text or even a single line of textual tradition, instead relying on (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Textual_criticism#Eclecticism"]eclecticism [/url]to develop an understanding of the original text (which are no longer extant).

The bible is composed of

less than 3% word of God

So how is the Bible the word of God and after digging up evidence mentioned above isnt it obvious its not ?

The Bible is not God’s words, but is the message God intended for us to have and in that respect it is God’s word. Most could be said to be inspired men’s and women’s words. For the most part you follow the lives of individuals that had close relationships with God and see how God works with people and how people intone with God do stuff. The Bible is a miracle in that it was so will protected and preserved without eliminating the need for faith. “Faith†is extremely important and if you could scientifically look at the Bible and scientifically proof that “a†god did write it, then you would have “knowledge†of God’s existence and not need “faith†in God’s existence.

This goes into a lengthy discussion of the need for faith and the “problems†with unbelievers having knowledge.

Christianity is not dependent or based on a book or even a “messageâ€, but is based on trust in a savior “the Christâ€.

I am not trying to “convince†you about a book, but introduce Christ to you.

WARNING!! NEWS CNN & BBC Announced The Bible is Corrupted , Invalid & Not useful to all Mankind

[using large font size is not allowed]

The bible is composed of

less than 3% word of God

Actually, I don't think that is how Christians perceive the Bible. They would understand that all of it is inspired, or directed, by God, including the gospels, the prophets, the historical writings, and anything else. As far as mutilation and ######, those are subjective value statements and would almost certainly not be shared by any devout Christian you spoke with.

WARNING!! NEWS CNN & BBC Announced The Bible is Corrupted , Invalid & Not useful to all Mankind

Would that be the same CNN and BBC that warned us of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, lol.

Of course its not how the Christians perceive the Bible, but i am telling them what it is :sl: .

If you say something is the word of God then it should be the word of god not the word of men , historians and 3rd persons.

The discovery adds insult to injury .

But you haven't discovered anything that they don't know. The problem isn't that they don't know it is the words of men, historians and 3rd persons, but that they think it is both their words and the words of God. This is what it means for a writing to be inspired. I really don't think you would disturb many Christians with this argument.

But you haven't discovered anything that they don't know. The problem isn't that they don't know it is the words of men, historians and 3rd persons, but that they think it is both their words and the words of God. This is what it means for a writing to be inspired. I really don't think you would disturb many Christians with this argument.

It is not disturbing me.

OK Bling will you read the Book of ezekial to your kids ? about the two sisters Ahola and Aholiba ?

OK Bling will you read the Book of ezekial to your kids ? about the two sisters Ahola and Aholiba ?

Without necessarily denying the validity of your criticism, my question would be is that how we are judging the validity of a divine message, whether our subjective feelings of decency towards children is violated by its contents or not?

Edited by the sad clown

But whose judgment has ruled that it is filth, as opposed to merely colorful language, or graphic in its metaphoric descriptions or any number of valueless assessments?

Clearly you don't think so, considering you have started an entire thread in an effort to debunk Christians trust in the Bible, but it really isn't a question of what you think, but rather what they think, since it is to them that you are appealing.

Edited by the sad clown

Any decent person will see it as filth :sl: if they dont well then it means they have no morals period .

Maybe i should post the verses here for all to see and let them judge if its filth or not ?

It is a question what i think and everyone else thinks , a Book of god cannot be so easily refuted like the bible can .

Any decent person will see it as filth :sl: if they dont well then it means they have no morals period .

Maybe i should post the verses here for all to see and let them judge if its filth or not ?

It is a question what i think and everyone else thinks , a Book of god cannot be so easily refuted like the bible can .

But all of this is your opinion. I mean, sure, you can bring it here to be evaluated by people of a like mind with you, but what does that prove other than that you associate with people who think like you?

Thats your opinion :sl: , and i will post the verses here and then you can give me more of your rubber leg defense of Christianity :sl: .

"Rubber legged"? I don't see any need to use derogatory terms. And I read the verses before I responded, so I already know what they say.

It doesnt matter i will post it anyways for everyone who comes into this thread to see how clean and nicely worded the Inspiration of the Bible was :sl: .

1The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 2Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother: 3And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity. 4And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.

5And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians her neighbours, 6Which were clothed with blue, captains and rulers, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding upon horses. 7Thus she committed her whoredoms with them, with all them that were the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she doted: with all their idols she defiled herself. 8Neither left she her whoredoms brought from Egypt: for in her youth they lay with her, and they bruised the breasts of her virginity, and poured their whoredom upon her. 9Wherefore I have delivered her into the hand of her lovers, into the hand of the Assyrians, upon whom she doted. 10These discovered her nakedness: they took her sons and her daughters, and slew her with the sword: and she became famous among women; for they had executed judgment upon her.

11And when her sister Aholibah saw this, she was more corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her whoredoms more than her sister in her whoredoms. 12She doted upon the Assyrians her neighbours, captains and rulers clothed most gorgeously, horsemen riding upon horses, all of them desirable young men. 13Then I saw that she was defiled, that they took both one way, 14And that she increased her whoredoms: for when she saw men pourtrayed upon the wall, the images of the Chaldeans pourtrayed with vermilion, 15Girded with girdles upon their loins, exceeding in dyed attire upon their heads, all of them princes to look to, after the manner of the Babylonians of Chaldea, the land of their nativity: 16And as soon as she saw them with her eyes, she doted upon them, and sent messengers unto them into Chaldea. 17And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whoredom, and she was polluted with them, and her mind was alienated from them. 18So she discovered her whoredoms, and discovered her nakedness: then my mind was alienated from her, like as my mind was alienated from her sister. 19Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt. 20For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of ######, and whose issue is like the issue of horses. 21Thus thou calledst to remembrance the lewdness of thy youth, in bruising thy teats by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth.

22Therefore, O Aholibah, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will raise up thy lovers against thee, from whom thy mind is alienated, and I will bring them against thee on every side; 23The Babylonians, and all the Chaldeans, Pekod, and Shoa, and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them: all of them desirable young men, captains and rulers, great lords and renowned, all of them riding upon horses. 24And they shall come against thee with chariots, wagons, and wheels, and with an assembly of people, which shall set against thee buckler and shield and helmet round about: and I will set judgment before them, and they shall judge thee according to their judgments. 25And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire. 26They shall also strip thee out of thy clothes, and take away thy fair jewels. 27Thus will I make thy lewdness to cease from thee, and thy whoredom brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift up thine eyes unto them, nor remember Egypt any more. 28For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated: 29And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms. 30I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols. 31Thou hast walked in the way of thy sister; therefore will I give her cup into thine hand.

32Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou shalt drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much.

33Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria.

34Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, and pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

35Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast forgotten me, and cast me behind thy back, therefore bear thou also thy lewdness and thy whoredoms.

36The LORD said moreover unto me; Son of man, wilt thou judge Aholah and Aholibah? yea, declare unto them their abominations; 37That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them. 38Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths. 39For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house.

40And furthermore, that ye have sent for men to come from far, unto whom a messenger was sent; and, lo, they came: for whom thou didst wash thyself, paintedst thy eyes, and deckedst thyself with ornaments, 41And satest upon a stately bed, and a table prepared before it, whereupon thou hast set mine incense and mine oil. 42And a voice of a multitude being at ease was with her: and with the men of the common sort were brought Sabeans from the wilderness, which put bracelets upon their hands, and beautiful crowns upon their heads.

43Then said I unto her that was old in adulteries, Will they now commit whoredoms with her, and she with them? 44Yet they went in unto her, as they go in unto a woman that playeth the harlot: so went they in unto Aholah and unto Aholibah, the lewd women. 45And the righteous men, they shall judge them after the manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.

46For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will bring up a company upon them, and will give them to be removed and spoiled. 47And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire. 48Thus will I cause lewdness to cease out of the land, that all women may be taught not to do after your lewdness. 49And they shall recompense your lewdness upon you, and ye shall bear the sins of your idols: and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kingjbible(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ezekiel/23.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_kingjbible(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ezekiel/23.htm[/url]

Nice bedtime story for the kids eh ? :sl:

Well, I certainly can't stop you from posting it. I just wanted to save you time, because it changes nothing. I would still answer you the same way I have already done. And honestly, I think it is a little unbecoming of you to take such glee in what you think are the failings of Christianity. It reminds me of how Christians take Qur'anic passages out of context and do the same thing. I don't like it when they do it either.

Anyway, have a good Ramadan.

Edited by the sad clown

I now must ask, how is this promoting God's love? I must say, I myself have done wrong by God, but in having done so I have learned and have been given wisdom from my God. What you are saying is assuredly things most Christians, including myself know, it does not stop the Bible from being a good source to show us ways to love God, let's see, we should pray, we should love the homeless, we should worship God, we should pray, we should devote our lives to God, funny how a lot of these teachings go hand in hand with things the Qu'ran teaches, instead of alienating people who worship the same God you do, why not try to unite them, making people angry, that is not of God and I believe you know that, telling people what you tell them, making them turn their attention from loving God even for a moment and telling them to be upset, that is not of God. We need to spread peace not animosity, please, think on these things, you are a high-ranking member here, please, I urge you, think of what you are posting for speaking as a high-ranking official, a moderator or protector of a forum, that puts pressure on you to spread the love of God and not to spread hatred.

Also filing any group of people into one category based on the fact that they have the same religion is not correct. I mean, that would be like calling all Muslims terrorists, it is false but yet many do it, generalizations do not make some one sound intelligent and I know that you most likely are. May God's love shine through you and may you guide people to Him through love, not by condemning other religions, that is not what God intended.

Yeah i know the thick skin act some people have :sl: , even when they have been debunked they still try and walk tall :sl: .

Its the internet wishful thinking is normal .

Debunked? Do you even know what my argument was?

I still do not know how a moderator is allowed to spread something that is trying to stir up anger, this is not what Allah said for any of us to do, so why do it?

Well, I do not think this needs official intervention. There is usually a gap between the perfect tenets of a religion and the actions of its adherents. I do not expect less. Of course, from my perspective, the poster is only harming his own cause, but surely this is not how he sees it. So I think it is best to simply allow him to continue. If he is right, then these things will work out well for him. If he is wrong, I am sure it will be corrected in time, either through a change in his behavior or else by his growing isolation from those who wish to disassociate themselves from his words and actions. It seems to me that no matter how the situation is, it will work itself out naturally.