Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
al faqeer

World’s Oldest Bible

bring som daleel to the table for a change

You aren't possibly asking for Islamic evidence. Because that's just to simple to show. As for your evidence, the Bible is unreliable and you discussed this under other threads so continue them there. You giving us some materials of the past, such as Isa's feet engraved in plaster, and such things, are no evidence because you can never proof

1. Those acts were actually done by him.

2. You cannot proof those events took place at that time.

PropellerAds
The belief of the Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jamaa'ah is that Jesus did not die and was risen .... It is black and white clear...

Ok, and? Who cares what their opinions were? This is a group of people living 500 years after the event happened, in a geography and culture totally isolated from the said events. The reason why these folks didnt believe it, is because they believed Muhammad was a rasul. So what historical value does their opinion have?

ZERO!!!

Did you ever see a secular scholar use the Quran as a source? Of course not. And why not? Because its not even a historical source...

Now flip this around...

We have writings as early as 20 years after Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection... the OLDEST records we have are 60 years old... consider the difference! We know what the early Christians believed, and their belief is grounded in what happened!

You aren't possibly asking for Islamic evidence. Because that's just to simple to show.

Islamic "evidence" e.g. what your Quran says, is NOT evidence. I'm asking you to bring something of substance, an objective piece of evidence that supports your view, and you obviously can't do it because you are the one believing in a fairytale

As for your evidence, the Bible is unreliable and you discussed this under other threads so continue them there. You giving us some materials of the past, such as Isa's feet engraved in plaster, and such things, are no evidence because you can never proof

1. Those acts were actually done by him.

2. You cannot proof those events took place at that time.

The Bible accurately records the existence of Pontius Pilate, geographical locations in Jerusalem, even exact details of certain structures present in Jesus time that has been confirmed by archeology. So why is it impossible that the Bible accurately records the crucifixion of Jesus? His own followers accepted that he was executed via crucifixon, and they firmly believed he rose again. You can't challenge this evidence to the least degree. Your whole hypothesis rests on the fact that those who knew Jesus, his very companions, made a fundemental mistake on a fact of history... it would be equivalent to saying Muhammad never made a migration to yathrib!! Its simply untenable!

Islamic "evidence" e.g. what your Quran says, is NOT evidence. I'm asking you to bring something of substance, an objective piece of evidence that supports your view, and you obviously can't do it because you are the one believing in a fairytale

Fairytales are your conclusions and arguments. Why do I need to prove to you Jesus [pbuh] wasn't crucified? Because your Bible says otherwise. Which book is a stronger evidence? The Bible is a collection of writings from various authors written sometimes HUNDEREDS of years apart. With parables, advice, dreams, symbolism and vague anologies, all collected together in one book. The Qur'an is by Allah to one man, that can be traced back as it is today to the Prophet's :sl: time. It is ment to be taken literally and is clear with commands. Compare this to YOUR fairytales.

Let's say we do interpret the Qur'an unliterally, what have you from us believing he was crucified? We will not believe he is or was a God or a son of a God, or that he died for our sinns.

O, and what you call the Bible, how do you know that Bible is the same one of centuries ago? You don't.

Edited by Orthodox

Fairytales are your conclusions and arguments. Why do I need to prove to you Jesus [pbuh] wasn't crucified? Because your Bible says otherwise.

History is one of the Quran's weakest areas.

Which book is a stronger evidence?

Put faith aside for a moment, which book is more reliable from an objective stand point?

A) A book written 30 years after Jesus died and rose

B) A book written 500 years after Jesus died and rose

Which do you suppose is more reliable?

The Qur'an is by Allah to one man, that can be traced back as it is today to the Prophet's time. It is ment to be taken literally and is clear with commands. Compare this to YOUR fairytales.

I know the Quran is not the word of God because, among other things, it contradicts history.

Let's say we do interpret the Qur'an unliterally, what have you from us believing he was crucified? We will not believe he is or was a God or a son of a God, or that he died for our sinns.

You gain a step towards the truth.

O, and what you call the Bible, how do you know that Bible is the same one of centuries ago? You don't.

We can make comparisons between newer and ancient manuscripts, that is the benefit of having a written kitab... what evidence can you offer for the Quran being unchanged? That people memorized it? Heh

Lux my man :

You see in the first place you are going off topic since the topic is the worlds oldest bible , while you are trying to shield your weak man made book by using the Quran as a scapegoat , and as you can see i have already pearl harbored your beloved book in this very thread and will do it all over if you like ?

So Cool it and stay on topic which is the bible , and if you want to discuss the Quran start a new thread and i will personally tear you apart in it .

The bible is composed of

less than 3% word of God

Some % word of the Prophets

3/4 word of the Historians and 3rd persons claiming to be inspired by the holy ghost who is a sidelined God .

it also includes mutilation and ###### like verses .

Wait till u see the text mate ! .

:sl: later .

If you Go further off topic i will simply delete your posts , so dont waste your time Typing .

Answer what i said about your bible head on , if you cant it means its nothing but a Book of Man .