Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the sad clown

The Beginning(s) Of Time

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnpr(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/blogs/13.7/2010/08/11/129126721/death-of-the-big-bang"]Death Of The Big Bang, Or The Problem Of Time's Beginning[/url]

And a response to this:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnpr(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/blogs/13.7/2010/08/11/129143668/why-time-had-a-beginning"]Why Time Had A Beginning[/url]

The interesting thing is the discussion of how cosmology seems to be prepared to start peering beyond the Big Bang, our universes hypothetical beginning, and what that means for our understanding of there being a "beginning" and time itself. It was also facinating that while the second author does attempt to defend the concept of time from being rendered meaningless, he does so by redefining time in subjective terms of perceived motion within space. In both cases, the idea of time being a fundamental element of objective reality (and perhaps even objective reality itself) is quietly abandoned.

I thought this might be an interesting topic, considering Orthodox's questions to me in the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=732760&view=findpost&p=1221233"]Ask an American Atheist[/url] thread.

Edited by the sad clown

PropellerAds

This looks interesting, I've always been passionate about cosmology. Have you watched the documentary titled " The Elegant Universe" produced by Nova?

Sorry, I must have missed your reply before. No, I can't say I watched that program, although I am sure I must have watched similar programming growing up. Physics was, and continues to be, one of my favorite subjects.

'The Elegant Universe' is quite a recent documentary you can find it here (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetpbs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wgbh/nova/physics/elegant-universe-einstein.html"]Nova[/url] . I haven't watched the whole documentary ( It's about three hours long) but from the little I have, it looks very interesting.

Physics was, and continues to be, one of my favorite subjects.

This site here (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetspeed-light.info/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetspeed-light.info/[/url] is one I frequent quite often. The brother running the site and forum is well learned in physics and explains many aspects of Islam and the Qur'an there. The sites contents and discussions may interest you.

'The Elegant Universe' is quite a recent documentary you can find it here (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetpbs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wgbh/nova/physics/elegant-universe-einstein.html"]Nova[/url] . I haven't watched the whole documentary ( It's about three hours long) but from the little I have, it looks very interesting.

Ah, I see. I don't get to watch television very much, if at all, these days.

This site here (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetspeed-light.info/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetspeed-light.info/[/url] is one I frequent quite often. The brother running the site and forum is well learned in physics and explains many aspects of Islam and the Qur'an there. The sites contents and discussions may interest you.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Hmm. I read his proof about the distance the moon travels in a thousand lunar years being equivalent to the distance travelled by light in a day. I think there are problems with it. Here is the link so others can see what the argument is: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetspeed-light.info/speed_of_light_12000.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetspeed-light.info/speed_of_light_12000.htm[/url]

It seems your not the only one who thinks the argument is problematic, but take a look into the forum he's dealt with quite a few rebuttals there, maybe the problem was resolved ( such as the three body problem). Anyhow I wouldn't know, this physics is a bit beyond me.

He does raise some good points elsewhere on the site, but I don't fully agree with some of the things he says especially his interpretation of certain Qur'anic verses, E.g his attempt to reconcile some verses of the Qur'an with the Multiverse theory, I can't say it's completely wrong but I have my doubts. His unfounded claim that the Qur'an talks about the Evolution of man is another.