Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
m0nica3

Praying While Facing Back Pain

Asalaam Alykum,

I have one simple question. How do i pray if i am in bad back pain?

I don't want to see a doctor because i dont want to be prescribed pills because i dont want to rely on pills.

Can i pray sitting down? Will it be accepted?

I am having a hard time bowing while standing and can only do it half way and it hurts afterwards.

PropellerAds

I have opted to not pray and make up for them later on because i cant even bend over without being in horrible pain.

Assalaamu Alaikum

Sister, Your are allowed to sit down on the floor if your back is in pain, but you must remain seated throughout the whole salaat. If you cannot sit down on the floor, then you may sit on a chair. Opting out of Praying Salah is not really an option at all. May Allah cure your pain as soon as possible.

Assalamu Alaikum, As brother Platinum has said, not making salaat is not an option at all. If someone cannot stand up and make Salaat they ahould sit and make it, if someone cannot sit and make it then they can lie down and make it. There is no option of not making it or delaying it at all.

In your case you can either sit on the floor or on a chair (which I personally think is more easier) and make your salat, where making Ruku and sujood is concerned if your back hurts by doing so, ten you do not need to put yourself in pain, just do the actions while sitting on the chair in sign form.

Salaam.