Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the sad clown

What Should We Do?

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetsaudigazette(contact admin if its a beneficial link).sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=2010082782098"]Opposition to Islamic center reveals Islamophobia in US[/url]

I welcome the remarks of President Barack Obama on the issue of the Islamic center near Ground Zero. He said that Muslims also have the full right to practice their religion and build the Islamic center. However, this is just an opinion of the president of a secular country. Obama needs to practice what he preaches. He must take stern action against those spreading Islamophobia.

Effective measures should also be taken by moderate Christians. Dialogues with Muslim circles should be held to explain Islamic belief.

I thought this was an interesting article, especially since it afforded me an opportunity to see the controversy surrounding this Islamic center through the eyes of a Arab Muslim in the Middle East, an important perspective for understanding how the outside world is understanding what is happening here. Unfortunately, it seems that the author didn't have enough space to discuss what he thought Obama and other moderates in the US ought to be doing, so I thought I would present the question here and find out what our Muslim members here think moderate Americans ought to be doing in response to this controversy? Thanks in advance for your responses.

PropellerAds

i think Islamic center near Ground Zero is a good chance to show people Islam and muslim truely,now some people disagree of this center ,i feel also we have to understand that ,becuase some people will understand that there is something else like politic and other issue which spoil the truth and honsty of all relgions and mankind.

i think Islamic center near Ground Zero is a good chance to show people Islam and muslim truely

I agree that this is a good place to start. Do you have any other ideas on what you think moderate Americans could do that would be effective measures against Islamophobia?

I agree that this is a good place to start. Do you have any other ideas on what you think moderate Americans could do that would be effective measures against Islamophobia?

mm ,actually it is difficult question, since i don't live there to give a right thoughts,but i will think and go back to you again, dear brother.

Thanks. I try and do what I can if I hear people talking about Islam and correct some of their misconceptions, but perhaps there is more I should be doing. Thus, I ask if anyone else has ideas or would like to see moderate Americans do.

Thanks. I try and do what I can if I hear people talking about Islam and correct some of their misconceptions, but perhaps there is more I should be doing. Thus, I ask if anyone else has ideas or would like to see moderate Americans do.

thank you very much for your efforts and best wishes from syria.