Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SaracenSoldier

Zombie Muslims

Zombie Muslims - By Tarek Mehanna (New Art)

A drawing by Tarek that portrays his feelings about American Muslims today. How American Muslims are stripped out of the most important aspects of their religion and injected with new ideas and thoughts that are contradictory to Islam.

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img217.imageshack.us/img217/412/zombiemuslim.png[/img]

^^ This is where the process starts. Follow the trail...

PropellerAds

Salaams, I dont know who this person Tarek Mehanna is, but I think he should talk about himself and not make a general statement like this about American Muslims.

salaam.

How is he suggesting you keep your mind free and not be a slave? I don't think there are many Muslims who believe themselves to be terrorists or their religion a terrorist faith. They have themselves as a counter example.

Salaams, I dont know who this person Tarek Mehanna is, but I think he should talk about himself and not make a general statement like this about American Muslims.

He himself is American. Probably speaking about many US Muslim organizations who really go out of their way to show how "American" they are. Even if that means going against the teachings of Islam such as Wala and Bara, ghayra for the ummah, etc. You know.. how they say its ok to join the American Army even if it means killing Muslims, etc things like that. I doubt very much that he meant it as a general statement.

Ha ha ha. Marks there for ingenuity -- from the plucking to the packaging.

Seems more like a disappointed guy than one with a "jihadi" mentality.

La ilaha ill-Allah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaha ill-Allah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

:sl:

That looks a bit Jihadi Ideology mentality .

A'salamu alaykim,

I don't think that's what the artist is getting at, if you mean it in the sense of physically fighting Western culture because of its values, or lack thereof. But if you mean it as a mental jihad, then yes. There is a war going on for the minds of everyone. If you look at the way our (American) system is, you see that it processes all human beings to be like this. From childhood on, we are indoctrinated with certain beliefs that force us to serve the system at the cost of our individuality. If we don't conform, they have a label for it or a "sickness" for it, and there is method in place for everyone and every group.

They aren't just doing it to Muslims...

From childhood on, we are indoctrinated with certain beliefs that force us to serve the system at the cost of our individuality. If we don't conform, they have a label for it or a "sickness" for it, and there is method in place for everyone and every group.

I don't wish to justify America, my country has a lot of problems with it, but I don't think the above is particularly endemic to America. It sounds more like what every culture does, teaching a certain lifestyle from childhood on and indoctrinating certain beliefs at the expense of individuality. I think the best we can hope for in America is that it also tolerates dissenting views as well. At least then there can operate a contrary voice that can call into question what the culture is telling us. America lives up to this occasionally, but it is something I presume we will always have to insist upon and fight for, a right to alternative thoughts that deviate from the accepted cultural norms.

I don't wish to justify America, my country has a lot of problems with it, but I don't think the above is particularly endemic to America. It sounds more like what every culture does, teaching a certain lifestyle from childhood on and indoctrinating certain beliefs at the expense of individuality. I think the best we can hope for in America is that it also tolerates dissenting views as well. At least then there can operate a contrary voice that can call into question what the culture is telling us. America lives up to this occasionally, but it is something I presume we will always have to insist upon and fight for, a right to alternative thoughts that deviate from the accepted cultural norms.

I am only speaking of what I know from personal experience. I could speak of Germany and Saudi Arabia as well...

But yes, what is happening is a worldwide phenomenon. Prophecy speaks of it, but if you want to fully understand for yourself you must dig deep, and then, God willing, you will see that it's been right in front of your face the whole time.

But yes, what is happening is a worldwide phenomenon. Prophecy speaks of it, but if you want to fully understand for yourself you must dig deep, and then, God willing, you will see that it's been right in front of your face the whole time.

I might be misunderstanding you, but it seems to me that this is not a new phenomena, it is as old as culture itself, in fact, I would say it is an integral element of culture, since one can hardly have a cohesive society composed of completely autonomous individuals.

I might be misunderstanding you, but it seems to me that this is not a new phenomena, it is as old as culture itself, in fact, I would say it is an integral element of culture, since one can hardly have a cohesive society composed of completely autonomous individuals.

No, you're spot on. They've been planning their plan for centuries, but Allah is the best of planners. It's only within the past two hundred years, especially the last sixty, that they've been gaining ground.

Have you noticed that our societies could hardly be considered "cohesive" these days? It's because even "individuality" is being marketed and there is a brand for every niche. Paradoxically, this does create autonomous individuals over the whole spectrum of society because every group and every individual is told to blindly conform to the status quo of their particular group as dictated by the system, while still serving the interests of the system at large. It only gives the illusion of freedom of choice. What's left of the original personality is usually the base, animalistic parts. This ultimately sets brother against brother, and what have you. The psychology of it all is staggering, and quite brilliant, save for the fact that it's done with negative intent.

The ultimate aim is to conquer by division...then...well, are you familiar with Orwell's 1984? Or Huxley's Brave New World? Or the book of Revelation?

No, you're spot on. They've been planning their plan for centuries

Who is "they"? I don't actually believe it is a conspiracy. Rather, I think it is a natural outcome of the socialization process, and not some insidious plot.

Have you noticed that our societies could hardly be considered "cohesive" these days? It's because even "individuality" is being marketed and there is a brand for every niche. Paradoxically, this does create autonomous individuals over the whole spectrum of society because every group and every individual is told to blindly conform to the status quo of their particular group as dictated by the system, while still serving the interests of the system at large. It only gives the illusion of freedom of choice. What's left of the original personality is usually the base, animalistic parts. This ultimately sets brother against brother, and what have you. The psychology of it all is staggering, and quite brilliant, save for the fact that it's done with negative intent.

I haven't noticed this. I have noticed society adjusting to the ever more rapid pace of technological advancement, and the rough edges that I would think inevitably emerge from such social evolution. And yes, I have read 1984 and the book of Revelations. I think the former is a good warning about the dangers of a government utilizing fear and xenophobia to become ever more intrusive and controlling (a lesson that more should have heeded in the days after 9/11), while the latter is more about apocalyptic visions of some grand supernatural battle of good and evil in which all of this worlds wrongs will come to a head before being vanquished and all that is good is restored to its rightful place. I don't think that is going to happen.

Who is "they"?

I'm glad you asked. They're called by a lot of things: the evil ones, legion, antichrist, dajjal, the powers that be, illuminati...

I don't actually believe it is a conspiracy. Rather, I think it is a natural outcome of the socialization process, and not some insidious plot.

I haven't noticed this. I have noticed society adjusting to the ever more rapid pace of technological advancement, and the rough edges that I would think inevitably emerge from such social evolution. And yes, I have read 1984 and the book of Revelations. I think the former is a good warning about the dangers of a government utilizing fear and xenophobia to become ever more intrusive and controlling (a lesson that more should have heeded in the days after 9/11), while the latter is more about apocalyptic visions of some grand supernatural battle of good and evil in which all of this worlds wrongs will come to a head before being vanquished and all that is good is restored to its rightful place. I don't think that is going to happen.

That's fair. No amount of explaining on my part would be of any worth then, because ultimately, you have to put the pieces together yourself. So far, you seem to be doing a pretty good job of that.

I like your analysis. Do you not see all of this coming to fruition?

I'm glad you asked. They're called by a lot of things: the evil ones, legion, antichrist, dajjal, the powers that be, illuminati...

Ah, that explains our disconnect. I don't believe in any of those things. Hence, I necessarily resort to other, more mundane, explanations.

:sl: Dear Muslims

Fact is, the US has always had a common enemy.

They've stripped their enemies of any human identity to it's own population, potraying them as Animals etc.

They did it with the Nazi's, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Soviets, Cubans, China etc.

A method used as a rallying point for the population.

It does not take a genius to observe the trashing and insulting of the Muslim name worldwide. Just need to look at the Media.

Okay, it's one thing to condemn such media outlets such as FOX, but that does not STOP FOX and Co. from spreading it's libellous rubbish and inciting hatred and xenophobic ideals: Over, Over and Over again.

One of the most widespread forms of media is the Internet, that alone is enough evidence to show how much hatred over Islam there is. Even basic sources such as YouTube etc. are used to mount hatred.

Not to mention the amount of blatant lies used in these sources, to the point where an argument with someone who claims to be "Anti-Muslim" is so pointless, because they have no idea what Islam even is, and use false knowledge for their debate. Usually from "you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-is-teh-ev1l-i-iz-a-patrotic(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/9-11.

It's sad to say, but ignorant people exist, and are usually the driving force of any hate campaign.

There is no reason for Muslims to be apologetic to "Fit in". Because, like the West did with it's common enemies throughout history. They will NEVER accept us if we wish to keep our identity, and that is our Deen: Islam.