Islamic Forum
Prid

Environmental Conservation In Islam

Salaam. I am new here!

Could someone please point out examples of positive and negative sides of Environmental Conservation in Islam?

What good and bad does Islam say about Nature?

Thanks in advance ^^

PropellerAds

Can anyone please point out a few examples of Nature (not Environmental) Conservation, please?

I have this project at school, and it's really hard for me to find on the internet!

Any good examples of positive and negative sides of Nature Conservation (take care of all kinds of creatures now, and the future) in Islam?

What does Islam say about taking care of the nature? There are alot of positive things it says, so, could anyone tell me some of them? And does it have some negative consequences for the nature today?

Please reply :sl:

:sl:

Islam teaches that god made humans khalifahs ( stewards ) to look after the earth. This means that Muslims need to look after the earth aswell as it resources. This is very important as as Muslim we believe that we will be judged by God on whether we have been good stewards.

''Behold thy Lord said to the Angels, 'I will create a viceregent ( Khalifah) on earth'...And he taught Adam the nature of all things'' Surah 2:30

:sl:

The Qur'an states that all life, animal and human belongs to Allah swt Surah 16:4-7

''There is not an animal( that lives) on earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but ( forms part of ) communities like you...and they all shall be gathered to their Lord at the end'' Surah 6:38

Humans have a duty towards all living beings whilst from what I understand Islam is not opposed to necessary animals experimentation when it safegurads humans. But it does stress the importance of animals as

part of Gods creation. - Surah 24:42

Hope that helps :sl:

Well, animals and plants are evidence of Allah's creation. They are a sign of His existance and it shows how unique Allah is.

As for your inqury. Based on my limited knowledge, all animals and plants worship Allah in a manner different to ours.

We must not hurt animals or plants, smile. There is a specific way to slaughter animals for consumption. We are not allowed to eat animals that have been slaughtered in any other way than the way Allah commands. We are not allowed to cut young trees, etc.. Ad there is a great reward for those who plant plants.

We are not allowed to waste and we do not have the right to have extras.

The ruling varies on all of what I mentioned.

Edited by Orthodox

Salams,

You can find a good article about that here; (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=733388&view=getnewpost"]How Islam Protects the Environment[/url]

All the best.