Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Denver

So Is It Impossible For Me To Be A Muslim And Transsexual

Let me start this off by saying sorry, the other thing I posted was about me Im the one thats transsexual I just didnt want to ask straightforward because I wanted to fit in on here and be able to learn about Islam and I thought if you guys knew that I am trans you wouldn't accept me or take me seriously.

Ok so I was born into a Christian family (my dad's agnostic though), and all my life Ive known that Im a girl psychologically. When I was 15 I started taking hormones as part of my transition process. Now Im 16 and Im really really interested in being a Muslim, like I want to be a Muslim really bad I dont think I will find peace without Islam, but I cant be a Muslim because it goes against Sharia law for me to get a sex change and since Sharia law is God's law then Im going against God. Didnt God say that if a Muslim lives in sin deliberately then he/she isnt really a Muslim???

Idk what to do, I go to another website with Muslims and some of them are my friends but a lot of other Muslims are really mean to me and say mean things to me and send me hate mail and tell me that I can never be a Muslim and etc. Idk what to do...

Ive always been a girl psychologically, my earliest memories are of dressing as a girl and playing with girl things and identifying as a girl, and I tried my whole life to change it, I even tried to convert to Islam to change it but when absolutely nothing worked I finally decided to start transition so I can live comfortably in my body and now idk I know that I can never live as a man but idk it supposedly goes against God for me to be a girl but Id rather just kill myself than live as a boy!!!

Anybody please help, no one else can help me and nobody else takes me seriously so please just try to help me.

And besides its not like I can stop living as a girl to be a boy again for the sake of Islam, nobody in my family or none of my friends would take me seriously again and I cant just get rid of my breasts...

Is it possible for me to be a transsexual and a Muslim at the same time??

Idk what to do Im really sad

:sl:

PropellerAds

A Muslim is one who believes that there is no other god besides Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger.

The message that all the prophets brought was there is only one God.

Human beings are not perfect and never can be. We all depend on Allah's mercy, no matter how "good" and "normal" we may be. All that Allah demands from us is that we do not any associate partners with Him.

So yes, you can be a Muslim and also a sinner. Just don't feel smug and happy about being a transexual. But fight it all your life if you have to. This is your test. To see whether you are willing to fight your own desires and overcome the lusts of your own heart in order to please Allah.

If you can give up what you like for the sake of Allah, then in my opinion, you would be far better than people who do have to face the sort of challenge that you do.

Are you a transsexual as in a hermaphrodite or are you fully male?

Idk if im intersexed at all, to my knowledge Im fully male on the outside, though I really dont see how that makes a difference

Peace be upon those who follow guidance

Denver, it is not impossible for you to be a Muslim and a transsexual. But you cannot believe that God made a mistake in creating you as male nor can you believe that it is allowed to be a transsexual. As long as you do not deny that what you are doing is sinful, then you would be considered a Muslim.

There were effeminate men in the Prophet Muhammad's (peace and blessings of God be upon him) in time. One such man was brought to him and the people asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of God be upon him) whether he should be killed but the Prophet said that he has been prohibited from killing people who pray, i.e. he affirmed that the effeminate man was a Muslim. However, this does not mean like I have already said that being effeminate and transsexual is allowed. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) cursed the effeminate man just as he cursed the adulterer, the thief, the liar, the drunk etc. You are considered a Muslim even if you commit adultery, steal, lie, are a transsexual or drink alchohol - all of these are against the Sharia - as long as you have the proper creed, i.e beliefs. So yes, you would be breaking God's Law but you still would a Muslim. And God forgives all Muslims as long as they have the proper creed.

So my advice would be to convert. I hope this helps.

Denver, you might want to read this brother's conversion story. You might be able to relate.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=732663&pid=1225858&st=0entry1225858"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...p;#entry1225858[/url]

Salam

Changing the creation of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is not allowed in Islam, unless there are specific reasons for exceptions.

It is therefore not allowed to tattoo and change your skin. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala gave you your body as a trust and He expects that your body enters the grave the way it was created.

I am not talking about injuries or amputations due to medical reasons. I am talking about willful changing the skin for cosmetical reasons.

The same is true with being transsexual. I it not allowed to willfully change the sex through surgery due to cosmetical or innecessary reasons. Here I am talking about changing the creation through surgery.

There are people born as hermaphrodite which is a biological reason and this person is not responsible for such condition, because it is an Act of God and humans will not be responsible for such things. It is not a sin to be an hermaphrodite.

Hermaphrodites are people which have both female and male genders in one.

However, a hermaphrodite is considered in Islamic Sharee'ah as female until it is clear that the masculine gender prevails. A hermaphrodite for example would wear the clothes of the women such as hijaab etc when she goes for Hajj.

Transsexual = if biological reason then it is not a problem, but if it is due to willful changing of the creation or just following pervert desires then it is evil.

Homosexuality = always forbidden

Transvestite = males are not allowed to wear dress meant for females and women are not allowed to wear men's dress.

Islam erases all previous sins.

IF you are not Muslim yet and you revert to Islam your sins will be erased.

PRAY TO Allah AS HAPPINESS COMES FROM THE SOUL,YOU CAN NEVER BUY NOR

GET IT BY ANY MEANS.ONLY PRAYING TO THE ALMIGHTY CAN PROVIDE IT.SO MY DEAR WELCOME

it isnt a sin to be born what you are. God has given you life , good health, imagine those who are visually impared and those who are in hospital. being amophrodite is not a problem just change your attitudeand live positive life and love yourself and thank God. i knw of lady from our village who lived as agirl for 20 years but just recently discovered that she is aman. she came out boldly and declared that she is not a woman. he got married and have a kid. no one knows you better than yourself. in any case thank God.

Salaam alykum

the brothers and sisters here are telling you that Allah (swt) made you who you are and you should be that way. I agree. You should accept that you are a woman inside and go ahead with the sex change. They probably do not understand that being transgender is not a choice, and you really are born transgender. It would actually be dangerous mentally to not go through with the change. All science tells us that getting this done will help you. I know my opinion is unorthodox, but there you go. I know for sure that Iran allows sex change. IDK if that is "halal" though.

In 1988, sex-reassignment surgery was declared acceptable under Islamic law by scholars at the world’s oldest Islamic university, Al-Azhar, in Egypt. The highest-ranking religious leader of the Republic of Egypt issued an official decree, entitled “Fatwa on Sex-Change Operation,†which called transgender identity a disease and sex-reassignment surgery permissible if it had proven that it was impossible for the patient to live according to his or her biological sex and the patient was not consciously choosing to be transgender. It stated:

“As for the condemnation of [men] who by word and deed resemble women, it must be confined to one who does it deliberately, while one who is like this out of a natural disposition must be ordered to abandon it. … The rulings derived from these and other noble hadiths on treatment grant permission to perform an operation changing a man into a woman, or vice versa. … It is, however, not permissible to do it at the mere wish to change sex from woman to man, or vice versa.â€

Bottom line is this.......NO, yYou can castrate yourself and and get a fake (female part) made but in reality you are still a guy. You want to be a muslim then you have to submit. Submit that Allah made you a male even though you may THINK differently you are still a male! Your test is in your thinking that is what Allah is testing you with. There is no such thing as a transexual muslim, you get a sex change then your just a man without a male organ pretending to be a female. That all. If you want to be a muslim then you have to follow the Prophet Muhammads character and the Prophet was against males cutting off their male organ. Your thinking is what is messed up, you have to struggle with that. But the answer to your question is a great big fat NO, NO you cant get a sex change and be a muslim, sorry no matter what you may say or think Islam does not reconize that type of behavior.

is haemaphroditism only when there are body parts of both. What if this brother/sister has the body of a male but there is a hormonal imbalance which makes him want to be female?