Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Saaabz

"the Last Testament"

By Abu Eesa

Alhamdulillah, what you’ve all been waiting for has finally come to fruition. This is perhaps PG’s best release to date…

So let me tell you a little about this story behind this latest production.

For a while now I’ve been wanting to write a script and present a play on the Qur’anic message that would try and do justice to the wonder that it is, in front of a non-Muslim crowd so they could finally hear what I wanted them to hear, but at the same time beneficial enough for the Muslim viewer/listener.

But under the weight of numerous projects and plans, this particular idea was shelved until the arrival of a dear friend of mine – Shaykh Muhammad Ali from Cairo – for a brief residential at Cheadle Masjid. That provided the impetus and so I asked (in my opinion) two of the best Qurra’ in the UK to join us in the project, namely Shaykh Abu ‘Umar the Imam of Didsbury Masjid and Shaykh Abdul Ghaffar, the current Imam of Cheadle Masjid.

I then sat down with our beloved Shaykh Kehlan and together we knocked out a script in skeletal form over tea, tea and then more tea and then I took it away to polish up over the next few weeks.

Then on a wonderful April Saturday last year at Cheadle Masjid in front of a packed house of dignitaries, neighbours and the masses, the Prophetic Guidance team led by its Ameer Shazad Saleem went into action and set up the Masjid to resemble a stage where our three reciters took their position on the wing, our translator Abid Mahmood took his position and with myself as the Narrator all ready to go with our scripts swirling in our minds.

I personally believe that the next hour odd was perhaps the most emotional and difficult “talk†I have ever undertaken with the possibility of a thousand things going wrong with so many microphones, wires, cameras, people and just sheer excited tension that had strangely descended upon everyone in the hall. We all knew that this was something special, that Allah jalla wa ‘ala was aiding us for some reason in some strange way and – Subhanallah - the whole programme just flew by and ebbed and flowed due to the wonderful recitations and the superb work of the PG technical team.

Alhamdulillah.

The feedback by the grace and mercy of Allah was unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. I was shocked to see the amount of people who had been touched by the presentation but then the funny thing is when we reviewed the videos and recordings later, we weren’t sure whether to release them due to some technical points – that was until a group of folks reviewed the audio and they came back and told us that it had worked out beautifully. Alhamdulillah.

So there you go – that’s the story of the Last Testament; a play that was put on for a community that was aware of the existence of what they know as the Old and New Testaments i.e. the Torah and the Bible respectively. All that remained was to illustrate that this trilogy was to be completed by the Final and Last Testament known as the Qur’an.

We were able to present the narrative in enough simplicity to have virtually every single non-Muslim raving about how interesting and refreshing it had been, whereas we incorporated enough key moments from the Sirah as well as a bit of Asbab’l-Nuzul chucked in with an extra qira’ah of al-Doori ‘an Abi ‘Amr to keep even the most discerning Muslim entertained and satisfied right until the end. Thus is the power of the Qur’an.

Once we decided to release the audio CD we decided that we should give this to as many non-Muslims as we felt would be interested at the intellectually stimulating nature of the presentation, but that we should get the Muslims to do said distributing after they benefited from it themselves. Hence we were able to obtain funding for this as a pure da’wah project (may Allah ‘azza wa jall reward handsomely all those who gave) for PG (which is completely 100% a non-profit charity with every single person working for it voluntarily).

This meant that what could have retailed at £9.99 was priced at £3.50 in order to encourage people to buy it as gifts and for those who really like to stand for His Deen and really call to it as we all should then a box of 35 CDs will cost just over £2.00 each which we believe is pittance to pay if it will inform your friends, colleagues and neighbours about the obligation of Islam and the Qur’an.

The Last Testament is a unique chronological presentation on probably the most studied book in history: the Magnificent Qur’ān. It attempts to present the key message, context and history of the revelation of the Qur’ān sent upon the Prophet Muhammad (upon whom be peace) in order to convey the significance of this momentous event.

Place you order here (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetpropheticguidance.co.uk/html/last_testament.asp"]PropheticGuidance[/url]

PropellerAds