Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ummammaar

Documentary : The Tragedy Of New Muslims In Egypt.

:sl:

Of course, they won't talk about this in the mainstream western media. SubhanAllah, Islamophobia in a muslim-majority land!

PropellerAds
That is awful. But don't muslims do the same thing when someone leaves Islam?

Salam respected brother : )

What do you mean ?

Yeah respected brother , but I just wanted to tell you that apostates should be killed according to The Sharia ( Islamic law ) . I have a few links that may help you understand the apostasy in Islam , and why apostates should be killed :sl:

Here you go :

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetjamaalzarabozo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/audio/thehype.pdf"]Click here [/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_apostasyandislam.blogspot(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]Apostasy and Islam[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=lBJmm-nfEow"]A Video about Apostasy in Islam [/url]

Jazakum Allahu Khair and may Allah swt increase your knowledge and help you in every step in your life Amen

Peace ..

A lot of Muslims kill apostates. And the ulema even rule that apostates must be killed. It seems hypocritical :no:

oh and wa alykum assalaam :sl:

Whatever was ordained by Allah is the right way. Whatever was not, is not the right way. I don't mean this to be a specific response to this situation, but the general answer as to why we Muslims don't necessarily allow others to do to us what we have done to them. Because we have the religion of Allah, and they follow the way of Shaytan.

A lot of Muslims kill apostates. And the ulema even rule that apostates must be killed. It seems hypocritical :sl:

oh and wa alykum assalaam :sl:

Does it say in Christianity that apostates should be killed or kidnapped by the church ?

sister proud muslimah

you correctly mention that Islamic shreeaah sentences apostates to death

but where on this globe is Islamic shreeaah in practice?

Nowhere

then is it fair to give arguments using Islamic shreeaah as a basic premises while addressing the questions of someone already disoriented about Islam?

This is a major problem in these times

quotations of perfection are used for guiding imperfection in an imperfect environment making it more imperfect

right now and i mean the 21st century any applications of shareeaah are bymshreeaah's verdict suspended because there is no land on the globe that practices shreeaah in its entire form

the lamely limping shreeaah of the kingdom of arania saudized is the wirst disfigurment of shreeaah

british law is more Islamic compared to the multicolored 'transparent' shreeaah of saudi arabia

so for now sister use any other logic to drive your point home but shreeaah because shreeaah itself prohibits its abuse whem not in application by a recognized government of a group of people

i do not intend offence

i simply wish like you good for all humans

and that is why i had to insistmthat the shreeaah logic is not applicable in present times

until a fully shreeaah following government fulfills all the requisites of shreeaah of mainly rights of its citizens and only then once thier basic primary rights are fulfilled does shreeaah demand secondary deeds of virtue in return and imposes statutes on citizen s personal and social lives

as long as those rights are not met shreeaah itself announces itself void

i hope i stated my intents clearly

salaam

Whatever was ordained by Allah is the right way. Whatever was not, is not the right way. I don't mean this to be a specific response to this situation, but the general answer as to why we Muslims don't necessarily allow others to do to us what we have done to them. Because we have the religion of Allah, and they follow the way of Shaytan.

There really is no arguing with that logic. If you believe the qu'ran is the word of god then as a Muslim you should agree that all apostates be put to death, simple as that (unless they repent etc.)

As far as I understand it you can argue the rights, wrongs, fairness, unfairness etc. until you are blue in the face but the law is quite clear.

Seems to me to be a very good reason to never convert to Islam. At least us filthy Kafirs only have to pay a "fair" tax (Jizya) if we chose to live under Muslim rule.

The religion of peace and tolerance? I remain unconvinced....

Canacolin Who called you a "Filthy Kafir"?, and have you ever personally even heard any1 use this term? :sl:

The Jizya tax was for non-muslims and they were protected under Muslim rule without having to fight in wars, they were equally protected as a natural citizen of that Muslim Government.

If a Christian group wanted to fight along side the Muslims, then they would be exempt from the Tax, and this has occured many times in history.

Peace be with you.

Some of you on this board are are perfect example of why people in the west are disgusted with Islam. You definitely don't represent the views of a majority of Muslims. Grow up and live in this century. It appears to me you worship evil. God, Creator, Spirit, The One, never condones killing for something so stupid on any reason for that matter. I'd hate to have any of you freaks living in my country.

Some of you on this board are are perfect example of why people in the west are disgusted with Islam. You definitely don't represent the views of a majority of Muslims. Grow up and live in this century. It appears to me you worship evil. God, Creator, Spirit, The One, never condones killing for something so stupid on any reason for that matter. I'd hate to have any of you freaks living in my country.

What on this particular thread makes you say that?

What are some examples of what we have said that makes people "disgusted with Islam"?

Why are you so mad? :sl:

Cheer Up!

Peace be with you as much as humanly possible

What on this particular thread makes you say that?

What are some examples of what we have said that makes people "disgusted with Islam"?

Why are you so mad? :sl:

Cheer Up!

Peace be with you as much as humanly possible

What makes me angry is the idea of murdering a human being because he/she leaves the cult.

What makes me angry is the idea of murdering a human being because he/she leaves the cult.

I agree, but you should try to understand the Islamic view:

The Qu'ran is the word of god, is without error, contradiction, fault, inaccuracy or incompleteness. Anyone who TRULY believes this MUST be follow it to the letter. If it says kill an apostate then kill them you must. If it says beat a disobedient wife then beat them you shall. If it says you must not steal then must not. If it says you must not eat pork or shrimps then you must not.

For a true muslim to do something contrary to Qu'ran is not an option because the beliefs are so fundamental and ingrained. For me to say to a muslim it is ok to eat pork would be like someone telling me it's ok to torture and kill a child. Both abhorrent acts in each of our opinions. The obvious difference being that Muslims are TOLD that eating pork is haraam whereas torturing and killing a child would be simply wrong to any right minded person WITHOUT being told so.

In the Christian faiths most believers accept that the Bible is full with all kinds of ridiculous nonsense[1] that much of it can be dismissed as just that. That is not an option for Muslims. If for no other reason (in my opinion) than the Qu'ran is a much better book with less nonsense and more direct, clear instruction on how to behave and live your life.

The non-theist view:

Bear in mind the era when Islam was founded and its laws put in place; it was in the Iron Age. A time before anyone knew about bacteria, viruses or even cells, weather systems, radiation, subatomic particles, tectonic plates, anything to do with space or even that the earth was spherical (the Qu'ran describes the earth as being laid out like a carpet implying that it is flat). A time of ignorance and superstition. How without any of this knowledge can a people make sense of the world in which they live? The answer of course is what every society does; it concludes that a greater being (or beings) has created everything and has a higher plan that us mortals are largely ignorant of.

One or more individuals put themselves forward as experts that know the mind(s) of this/these being(s) and hence gain great power and privilege. They tell the masses what is to be done, how it should be done and what will happen to those that do not subjugate or believe. It is in the interest of these individuals to maintain power for their own ends and for the good of their society and that the subservience of the people is maintained. In Islam one way was to apply the death penalty for an apostate.

I don't really have a problem with killing apostates in the sense that the law is pretty clear and those Muslims that want to carry out this punishment are doing so with divine guidance.

My issue as a non-theist is that all religion is based on a fallacy and the rules are made by men to suit their own purposes.

[1] Every time I think about the Noah's Ark story it makes me laugh a little inside. With his little boat, how did Noah manage to get all the marsupials to Australia and the lemurs to Madagascar? Not to mention having two of each of the 40,000 known species of (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Spider"]spider[/url]. That's over 80,000 spiders alone!! Hilarious; gotta love the Bible!!

non-muslim

bro

i understand where you are coming from

lets suppose brother platinum61's younger brother declares apostacy

would he love or like the idea of murdering him?

No he wont

and that is why the govt would have to do that

(a truly Islamic government in which the leaders seeks to live that standard of living that the

poorest in his domain do)

the debate above is about the principle

no muslim likes killing another human

the philosophy of Islam is to free man

from the worldly man-created shackles and help man establish a healthy

relationship with the creator

the idea that all ends with death

is not true to Islam

once created, the person will exist forever and ever

the shapes and defines for life may vary

but death as viewed by most to be the end is not true according to The Creator

and since the relationship with the Creator is going to remain forever and ever

it is probably in the interest of the one denying Islam after having experienced it's truth in one's soul

that that apostate's worldly journey be terminated by force

lest he/she evoke more penalties from the Creator.

Could be that this punishment absolves the denier's fault

maybe while experiencing the worldly death some form of communication occurs between such a soul and the Creator

and the dying actually dies in peace and with gratitude for having been relieved of the dilemma

i personally went through a quranic penalty applied to me/on me for drunk driving

and i actually felt all my faults being removed from my conscience

so

this is all the realm of the spirit, the soul

the brothers are arguing about the

theory/principle/law

ofcourse if my neighbour claimed apostacy and was sentenced to death

i would be aggrieved

even scared for what would the Creator ascribe to me as my role in the neighbour's apostacy

i hope i managed showing you

that Islam is not about killing

it is about living joyously,free of any restrains but those that our nature's deem essential

even hell

in Islam is the place where

the residents will learn more and more about Allah

but through pain

and many will be evicted after having asome specific level of awareness

may Allah protect us all from pain here and hereafter

aameen

I agree, but you should try to understand the Islamic view:

The Qu'ran is the word of god, is without error, contradiction, fault, inaccuracy or incompleteness. Anyone who TRULY believes this MUST be follow it to the letter. If it says kill an apostate then kill them you must. If it says beat a disobedient wife then beat them you shall. If it says you must not steal then must not. If it says you must not eat pork or shrimps then you must not.

For a true muslim to do something contrary to Qu'ran is not an option because the beliefs are so fundamental and ingrained. For me to say to a muslim it is ok to eat pork would be like someone telling me it's ok to torture and kill a child. Both abhorrent acts in each of our opinions. The obvious difference being that Muslims are TOLD that eating pork is haraam whereas torturing and killing a child would be simply wrong to any right minded person WITHOUT being told so.

In the Christian faiths most believers accept that the Bible is full with all kinds of ridiculous nonsense[1] that much of it can be dismissed as just that. That is not an option for Muslims. If for no other reason (in my opinion) than the Qu'ran is a much better book with less nonsense and more direct, clear instruction on how to behave and live your life.

The non-theist view:

Bear in mind the era when Islam was founded and its laws put in place; it was in the Iron Age. A time before anyone knew about bacteria, viruses or even cells, weather systems, radiation, subatomic particles, tectonic plates, anything to do with space or even that the earth was spherical (the Qu'ran describes the earth as being laid out like a carpet implying that it is flat). A time of ignorance and superstition. How without any of this knowledge can a people make sense of the world in which they live? The answer of course is what every society does; it concludes that a greater being (or beings) has created everything and has a higher plan that us mortals are largely ignorant of.

One or more individuals put themselves forward as experts that know the mind(s) of this/these being(s) and hence gain great power and privilege. They tell the masses what is to be done, how it should be done and what will happen to those that do not subjugate or believe. It is in the interest of these individuals to maintain power for their own ends and for the good of their society and that the subservience of the people is maintained. In Islam one way was to apply the death penalty for an apostate.

I don't really have a problem with killing apostates in the sense that the law is pretty clear and those Muslims that want to carry out this punishment are doing so with divine guidance.

My issue as a non-theist is that all religion is based on a fallacy and the rules are made by men to suit their own purposes.

[1] Every time I think about the Noah's Ark story it makes me laugh a little inside. With his little boat, how did Noah manage to get all the marsupials to Australia and the lemurs to Madagascar? Not to mention having two of each of the 40,000 known species of (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Spider"]spider[/url]. That's over 80,000 spiders alone!! Hilarious; gotta love the Bible!!

Islam continues to prove that it refuses to evolve. Murder is murder, unless you are defending your life. Islam reveres Jesus, but is completely at odds, in these types of circumstances, with His teachings. This is why Islam worries the western world. This kind of behaviour is unnacceptable. The Qu'ran is the truth to you because you believe it to be. 6 billion other people on the planet would argue with you. Born again Christians think they know the truth too, but they don't believe in the violence that your religion does. Jesus was totlaly non violent. The more I hear, the less I think there is common ground with Islam. The war will continue, I guess.

lets suppose brother platinum61's younger brother declares apostacy

would he love or like the idea of murdering him?

No he wont

Whilst he may not like the idea he is still required to do so as good Muslim. Would he not receive much favour from Allah for following Islamic laws and not his own desires?

and that is why the govt would have to do that

How so? Sharia law is not usually carried out by "governments".

the debate above is about the principle

I disagree, it is about a very clear Islamic law.

no muslim likes killing another human

I think you mean to say "no good Muslim likes killing another human". There are plenty of Muslims that obviously take great pleasure in killing (especially infidels.)

writewhite, thanks for your post I found it quite interesting and your English is obviously excellent but could I ask you a favour? Please use more punctuation, sentences and paragraphs in your posts. They can be difficult to read and easy to misunderstand. I almost misunderstood the part about "the philosophy of Islam is to free man".

Thanks!

Islam continues to prove that it refuses to evolve. Murder is murder, unless you are defending your life. Islam reveres Jesus, but is completely at odds, in these types of circumstances, with His teachings. This is why Islam worries the western world. This kind of behaviour is unnacceptable. The Qu'ran is the truth to you because you believe it to be. 6 billion other people on the planet would argue with you. Born again Christians think they know the truth too, but they don't believe in the violence that your religion does. Jesus was totlaly non violent. The more I hear, the less I think there is common ground with Islam. The war will continue, I guess.

You have to understand that Islam cannot change and therefore cannot evolve. The Qu'ran is regarded and perfect and complete. It can only interpreted in different ways.[1]

Islam is and always will be mired in the Iron Age unless a new prophet comes forward to sort out all the issues and update or replace the Qu'ran.

Jesus was non-violent but the Bible fully condones much disgusting, despicable behaviour and practices including murder, slavery and genocide. It seems to me that the Qu'ran (which also condones murder, rape, genocide and slavery) is a far superior instruction manual on how to live your life and worship your god.

[1] How something that is regarded as being perfect chould even be open to interpretation is a mystery to me. "1 + 1 = 2" cannot be misinterpreted but the Qu'ran verse 6:95 GOD is the One who causes the grains and the seeds to crack and germinate. He produces the living from the dead, and the dead from the living. Such is GOD; how could you deviate! has been interpreted as nuclear fission! Surely god would have made this somewhat less vague and cryptic if nuclear fission was the meaning?

Why do people in religions keep bringing the Creator down to a human level. The Creator or Allah, as you call Her is beyond understanding and exists in every aspect of every atom in the universe. The Creator asks no one to kill for Her. SHe is pure LOVE. To kill in the name of any god means you don't worship the ONE. You worship evil. It is my understanding, and I have been told this by Muslims, that Mohammed had violence in his life, along with his good pronouncements. This must explain the mindset of some Muslims. Violence is ok because Allah says so. Utter nonsense. I doubt that your Allah is the true creator, if you are asked to kill in his name. Jesus said: Though shalt not kill. Love thine enemy. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Let those who are without sin cast the first stone. Hell, I'm not even religious and I understand truth when I hear it. Killing someone because they leave your religion is just plain wrong, and if Muhammed says it's ok, then he's wrong, too. Case closed.

You have to understand that Islam cannot change and therefore cannot evolve. The Qu'ran is regarded and perfect and complete. It can only interpreted in different ways.[1]

Islam is and always will be mired in the Iron Age unless a new prophet comes forward to sort out all the issues and update or replace the Qu'ran.

Jesus was non-violent but the Bible fully condones much disgusting, despicable behaviour and practices including murder, slavery and genocide. It seems to me that the Qu'ran (which also condones murder, rape, genocide and slavery) is a far superior instruction manual on how to live your life and worship your god.

[1] How something that is regarded as being perfect chould even be open to interpretation is a mystery to me. "1 + 1 = 2" cannot be misinterpreted but the Qu'ran verse 6:95 GOD is the One who causes the grains and the seeds to crack and germinate. He produces the living from the dead, and the dead from the living. Such is GOD; how could you deviate! has been interpreted as nuclear fission! Surely god would have made this somewhat less vague and cryptic if nuclear fission was the meaning?

I know the Bible is full of violence, but Christianity has evolved beyond that. Our secular nations have evolved beyond that, and our laws are based on Judeo/Christian values. Many born again Christians take the Bible literally, but are non violent, except for the rare right to lifer(anti abortionist).

The Creator asks no one to kill for Her. SHe is pure LOVE.

How do you KNOW that? Has the creator you refer to spoken to you directly?

I would suggest it is just your belief founded on your knowledge of the Bible, innate humanism and reasoning?

You worship evil.

For what it is worth it is MY belief that most religions as fundamentally evil, especially the Abrahamic ones. Jainism for example (whilst total bunkum) is an exception and teaches total passivism and peace.

Violence is ok because Allah says so. Utter nonsense.

If Allah is the one creator and he says that violence, murder, slavery etc. is ok then it MUST be. He created everything and makes the rules. Any other view is nonsense (if you are a believer.)

I know the Bible is full of violence, but Christianity has evolved beyond that. Our secular nations have evolved beyond that, and our laws are based on Judeo/Christian values.

Christianity has evolved because most Christians regard the Bible as book of guidance, unlike the Qu'ran that contains morality, rules on worship, creation, law etc. all of which MUST be adhered to.

In defence of Islam; Muslims are to the most part true to their holy book. Christians cherry pick the bits that suit them, the ones that don't are almost as bad as the Islamic fundamentalists.

"Our laws" whilst may be seem to be based on Judeo/Christian values I would say that Judeo/Christian values are actually based on our innate human values. As are Islamic values and just about every other religion.

How do you KNOW that? Has the creator you refer to spoken to you directly?

I would suggest it is just your belief founded on your knowledge of the Bible, innate humanism and reasoning?

For what it is worth it is MY belief that most religions as fundamentally evil, especially the Abrahamic ones. Jainism for example (whilst total bunkum) is an exception and teaches total passivism and peace.

If Allah is the one creator and he says that violence, murder, slavery etc. is ok then it MUST be. He created everything and makes the rules. Any other view is nonsense (if you are a believer.)

Christianity has evolved because most Christians regard the Bible as book of guidance, unlike the Qu'ran that contains morality, rules on worship, creation, law etc. all of which MUST be adhered to.

In defence of Islam; Muslims are to the most part true to their holy book. Christians cherry pick the bits that suit them, the ones that don't are almost as bad as the Islamic fundamentalists.

"Our laws" whilst may be seem to be based on Judeo/Christian values I would say that Judeo/Christian values are actually based on our innate human values. As are Islamic values and just about every other religion.

Thanks for your reply Canacolin. Are you a Canuck? Back to my reply.... Of course I have spoken to the Creator directly and the Creator speaks to me directly - through whatever happens in my life. The same applies to all of us. When we are feeling pain or any negative emotion, the Creator is speaking to us, teaching us. If a normal human kills some one and feels guilt, this is the Creator telling you it is wrong to take a life. War and self defense can be excluded, because you may not have a choice. Why would billions of humans feel negative about killing, but some god(small g) would be ok with it. It says to me that the human is more evolved than that particular god. When born again Christians talk of suffering in hell if you don't give you life to Jesus, I ask them if they have children. If they say yes, I ask if they would ever put them into a place of eternal damnation. They say no, never. I say....I guess you're more compassionate than your god. It is for reasons like this that I am not religious, but spiritual. Have you ever read the trilogy ' Conversations with God'. A man claims he's channeled God or maybe his higher self, which is the soul's connection to God, just like some of the ancient ones did for the bible. God is so much more attractive ; funny intelligent and common sensicle in these books. Why wouldn't God talk to someone now when understanding is so much greater? Maybe a new religion, one that doesn't suffocate you to death with rules will emerge from this trilogy. All the other religions have failed, except maybe Budhism. I believe Jesus did not intend to start a religion. He came to free mankind from it. I cannot and will not condone the violence that some Muslims advocate as God-ordained. Never. Innate human values that spring from Love are from the Creator. Jesus was proof of that. No one lived it and died by these God given values better than Him. Again, I'm not Christian, but He was one hell of a guy.

Why do people in religions keep bringing the Creator down to a human level. The Creator asks no one to kill Case closed.

non muslim

bro

you had declared 'case closed'

so i refrained

hoping you would come back

mainly you diasgaree with:

>bringing the Creator down to human level

>creator asks no one to kill is your second assertion

before i express my vtews about those objections

i admire your insight of the relation of the Creator to every mote(or smaller) of existence

subhanallah some words you used to express the Creator's omniscience and omnipotence taught me how to express

myself better when talking of the Creator's Almighty Might.

Thankyou for that

why bring the Creator down to human level?

If for every nannosecond and microparticle we belive the Creator's Significance

then how can we go even a minute without the Creator?

it His superiority and Supremacy that He hears all creatures at the same time and executes His Will for each all the time

and doing that alters or diminishes or pollutes or tires Him none at all since all those are creations too

i personally think your aversion to the idea of ascribing to The Creator

such closeness and intimacy

your christian environment is responaible

that belittles mankind to born sinners

i could be wrong about your reasons for the aversion you express

but could it be that the above is the reason?

Next

The Creator does not ask to kill

is your faith due to the love you feel frrom and for your Creator

but consider

EUTHANASIA

'doctor assisted murder of a patient begging to be relieved of the agony of enduring

life with whatever illness inflicts that unfortunate patient'

it is becoming a speciality very slowly

whose side the Creator is on?

now view aspostacy froom Islam as such illness

agonizing for the inflicted and damaging to the entire race

it is

the Creator Who Created death, bro

and death is not always a tragedy like we are taught to believe

and the reason is the material chasing, glitter worshipping inferior, mammalian trait of man

that laments material loss

and death is only the transformation from this form of life to the next stage is not talked about

or discussed or debated

in some cases it gives/breeds life

for instance killing a murderer

to avoid warfare between the sides of the killed and the murderer

or the rapist and the raped

or the robbed and the robber

euthanasia is the best example of the Creator allowing murder

staay with us

your questions are very enlightening

please

salaam

Edited by writewhite

Thanks for your reply Canacolin. Are you a Canuck?

British citizen living in Canada.

The same applies to all of us. When we are feeling pain or any negative emotion, the Creator is speaking to us, teaching us. If a normal human kills some one and feels guilt, this is the Creator telling you it is wrong to take a life.

I don't agree; it is built in to all species not to kill their own. There are exceptions under certain circumstances such as lions killing cubs of other males. It is also well accepted that highly evolved species such as dogs, pigs, primates etc. show emotions such as guilt etc. Are you suggesting the Creator is at work here too?

When born again Christians talk of suffering in hell if you don't give you life to Jesus, I ask them if they have children. If they say yes, I ask if they would ever put them into a place of eternal damnation. They say no, never. I say....I guess you're more compassionate than your god.

Good point; their god is far from compassionate. I often wonder if these people have ever read, fully understood and fully accept the Old Testament?

Have you ever read the trilogy ' Conversations with God'.

No, but I will take a look.

Have you ever read "The God Delusion"?

I watched a very interesting series of videos about a full-on born again Christian's process of disbelief recently. He felt god's presence in everything he did, had numerous spiritual experiences and argued endlessly with atheists on the Internet. I reluctantly include the (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_topdocumentaryfilms(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/why-i-am-no-longer-a-christian/"]LINK[/url] lest I get accused by IF Moderators of "attempting to convert forum members to atheism" but that is not the purpose of the video or my reason for posting a link to it.

God is so much more attractive ; funny intelligent and common sensicle in these books. Why wouldn't God talk to someone now when understanding is so much greater?

If I believed in a god that the way I would want him/her/it to be. And I fully agree, with all the religious dissent in the world why doesn't the almighty creator send forth a representative to resolved everything? Even within Islam he really should draw a line under the Sunni/Shia schism. But he hasn't, which further leads me to conclude there is no god and certainly not the Islamic one.

I believe Jesus did not intend to start a religion. He came to free mankind from it. I cannot and will not condone the violence that some Muslims advocate as God-ordained.

I don't doubt that Jesus existed and was probably a quite exceptional individual but son of god? I don't believe it. I don't trust stories that have been passed down a line of 4 or 5 people regarding a recent event, let alone something that happened 2000 years ago and wasn't recorded until 100 years after they happened.

Do you believe in the miracles attributed to him?

Looks like we're getting waaaayyyy off topic now, but I guess that's what happens on Internet forums...