Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SaracenSoldier

Islamic Youth Awakening Nasheed

PropellerAds

From what I learned its not allowed but I haven't studied this issue too much so I'm not sure. For example you need to get a photo taken for a passport. Allah knows best.

Theres no such thing as a "Wahabi". You might as well call every Muslim a "Muhammaden" then. Have respect for your fellow Muslims and stop throwing labels around. I dont know much about this topic but I am sure there are and were many great scholars whom might have had the opinion that it was haram and me and you will probably never reach the level of such people.

Wahabis are a sect started by Muhammad ibn Abdulwahab.

Mostly Hanbali orientated.

And extreme also making takfir and calling other muslims Mushriks.

They reject taqlid of Madhabs

Prefer taqleed of Ibn Taymiyyah, Abdulwahab & Albani.

Edited by mcfly

:sl:

IF does not allow discussions of different sects in Islam. This complex issue will require more than ordinary Muslim's knowledge to engage into various theological differences and interpretations of Islam. All Muslims should make Quran and Sunnah their only source of guidance. Therefore, we advise everyone to stay away from all sects. Please read about them in our 'Avoid All Sects and Cults' forum, here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163[/url]

Posting or discussing any sect-related issue is a violation of IF rules.

ÇáÑÃíã

My respected sister,

the ruling on photos that are taken by cameras is disputed over; some say it is lafwul while others say it is not. Each side has his own understanding and both views are strong.

However, as agreed on by all scholars, it is recommended for a layperson to take the safest view in order to gurad his honor and religion. So, it is better to abstain from these type of photo while keeping in mind that the dispute is valid and whoever adopt whichever view cannot be blamed.

As for unintional sins, that depends on the type of sin and the circumstances of the person. Sometimes, they are forgiven and some other times they are not.

Wallahu A'lam

Brothers, assalamu alaykum

There are two views on this matter. The known ruling on drawing is that we can draw everything appropriate except DRAWING things with souls [humans and animals] because that is mimicing God's creation.

Some scholars say we can take pictures [not draw]of humans and animals because that is not the same to drawing them. It is the same as animal existing for example.

However, other scholars are of the view that taking a picture is like making an image yourself. This is a strong view.

The ruling wil explain better. Note, in cases of necessity and force, forbiddenthings become permitted depending on the circumstances.

Among the scholars who have discussed the issue of photography is Shaykh Naasir al-Deen al-Albaani, who said: "Some of them differentiate between hand-drawn pictures and photographic images by claiming that the latter are not products of human effort, and that no more is involved than the mere capturing of the image. This is what they claim. The tremendous energy invested the one who invented this machine that can do in few seconds what otherwise could not be done in hours does not count as human effort, according to these people! Pointing the camera, focusing it, and taking the picture, preceded by installation of the film and followed by developing and whatever else that I may not know about… none of this is the result of human effort, according to them!

Some of them explain how this photography is done, and summarize that no less than eleven different actions are involved in the making of a picture. In spite of all this, they say that this picture is not the result of human action! Can it be permissible to hang up a picture of a man, for example, if it is produced by photography, but not if it is drawn by hand?

Those who say that photography is permitted have "frozen" the meaning of the word "tasweer," restriciting it only to the meaning known at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and not adding the meaning of photography, which is "tasweer" or "picture-making" in every sense - linguistic, legal, and in its harmful effects, and as is clear from the definition mentioned above. Years ago, I said to one of them, By the same token, you could allow idols which have not been carved but have been made by pressing a button on some machine that turns out idols by the dozen. What do you say to that?"

(Aadaab al-Zafaaf by al-Albaani, p. 38)

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/365/photographs"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/365/photographs[/url]

We must remove or blot out every picture, except when it is too difficult to do so, like the pictures which are overwhelmingly prevalent in food packaging, or pictures used in encyclopaedias and reference books. We should remove what we can, and be careful about any provocative pictures that may be found.

"So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can…" [al-Taghaabun 64:16 - interpretation of the meaning]

Photographs which are essential are permitted - such as those required for identity documents, or for identifying or pursuing criminals [e.g. "wanted" posters and the like - translator's note], or for educational purposes which cannot be achieved otherwise. The principle in sharee'ah is that we should not exaggerate about what is necessary.

We ask Allaah to accept our repentance and have mercy on us, and to forgive our excesses, for He is the All-Hearing Who answers prayers. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Edited by Orthodox