Islamic Forum
php

Haram Jobs In Islam

which jobs are haram in Islam? i am a finance graduate and now i hear that most jobs related to finance is haram. now i am planning to study software engineering to change my career.

PropellerAds
which jobs are haram in Islam? i am a finance graduate and now i hear that most jobs related to finance is haram. now i am planning to study software engineering to change my career.

:sl:

Thanks for asking and trying to do things correct. May Allah give you great rewards for giving up your previous job. I do not know what is haram about it but the advice of our Prophet :sl: was to abstain from doubtful matters, or from something we suspect is haram, and save your religion and honor. Unless there is clear evidence it is halal, then its no longer doubtful, no-no.

I strongly recommend you talk to someone qualified in your mesjid. An advice to readers: Working in mixed places is haram according to my research. In cases of necessity some have told me it is permitted depending on your circumstances. So if you can get a job where there is no mixing and its halal, that would be inshAllah most pleasing to your Lord. If not, at least try getting into something which doesn't involve touching non-mahrams and being alone with them. The fitna is something very tricky most religious people fall into. Just giving your email to someone can lead to affection, then meeting, etc...

We Muslims are a people of high morals. Half of our religion is cleanliness, moral and physical. Your eyes should not want to see a woman in front of you. That is against our morals. I hope it doesn't become second nature...

Sorry I went off the point.

Edited by Orthodox

:sl:

If not, at least try getting into something which doesn't involve touching non-mahrams and being alone with them.

I am a nursing major. I'll be doing clinicals next year. InshaAllah, I'll be going to graduate school to specialize in neonatal ( working with and caring for infants :sl: )

During clinicals, there is something called rotation. I have to test each part of the medical field (in nursing) to get a taste of everything.

Is being a nurse considered haraam since I would be touching a man/non-mahram for check-ups and others? And being alone with them in a room?

I reall hope not :no: I really do admire & love the medical field.

I am a nursing major. I'll be doing clinicals next year. InshaAllah, I'll be going to graduate school to specialize in neonatal ( working with and caring for infants :sl: )

During clinicals, there is something called rotation. I have to test each part of the medical field (in nursing) to get a taste of everything.

Is being a nurse considered haraam since I would be touching a man/non-mahram for check-ups and others? And being alone with them in a room?

I reall hope not :sl: I really do admire & love the medical field.

Well, touching infants is not haram. Can you only do that? Or do you have to go through that process to become a neonatal? Please say no. I wanted the same carrier when I start college...

But if you have other options, it is not permitted.

With regard to your problem, if you cannot leave school because of your social situation, then you must look for another branch or faculty of the university where the opportunities to deal with males and mix with them will be less, because the basic principle of sharee’ah is that if evil cannot be warded off entirely, then it must be reduced as much as possible.

If you cannot manage to make this change that we have suggested, then you have to observe complete hijab, lower your gaze and be chaste of speech in all circumstances, and reduce the opportunities of mixing with males. If you need something, then ask females for it, and try to work out something with your professor so that your projects will be done with female classmates.

If that is not possible, then it will be your responsibility to careful and mix less with men; beware of being alone with one of them, even if it is for the purpose of study, and keep your dealings with males to a minimum. If you are able to refuse to mix with them sometimes or for some work, then do that. Let your dealings be serious and do not let them get to know you or let the conversation go beyond the topic of study.

If you feel that you are becoming fond of someone or he is becoming fond of you, then leave this group and join another, even if your grades fall or your level of academic achievement is affected, within bearable limits.

Ask Allaah to protect you and help you to avoid temptations both obvious and hidden, and seek help with patience, prayer, fasting and remembrance of Allaah (dhikr).

See also the answer to question no. 72448.

Islam Q&A

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/113431/mixed"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/113431/mixed[/url]

Edited by Orthodox

Also brothers and sisters, please do not take what I say as rulings. All, call mesjid and ask for someone qualified - not lenient...

JazakAllah :sl:

I appreciate your answer; it does help a lot. I'll look into it with my masjid, as well.