Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tim the plumber

Know Your Enemy

PropellerAds

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

How is it that we, the west, have only come to dominate the world after we became less and less religious? Does God hate those who pray to him?

Hi there, Tim the plumber. I don't know if you will appreciate these verses, but here goes:

76. Qarun was doubtless, of the people of Moses; but he acted insolently towards them: such were the treasures We had bestowed on him that their very keys would have been a burden to a body of strong men, behold, his people said to him: "Exult not, for Allah loveth not those who exult [in riches].

77. "But seek, with the [wealth] which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not [occasions for] mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."

78. He said: "This has been given to me because of a certain knowledge which I have." Did he not know that Allah had destroyed, before him, [whole] generations,- which were superior to him in strength and greater in the amount [of riches] they had collected? but the wicked are not called[immediately] to account for their sins.

79. So he went forth among his people in the [pride of his worldly] glitter. Said those whose aim is the Life of this World: "Oh! that we had the like of what Qarun has got! for he is truly a lord of mighty good fortune!"

80. But those who had been granted [true] knowledge said: "Alas for you! The reward of Allah [in the Hereafter] is best for those who believe and work righteousness: but this none shall attain, save those who steadfastly persevere [in good]."

81. Then We caused the earth to swallow up him and his house; and he had not [the least little] party to help him against Allah, nor could he defend himself.

82. And those who had envied his position the day before began to say on the morrow: "Ah! it is indeed Allah Who enlarges the provision or restricts it, to any of His servants He pleases! had it not been that Allah was gracious to us, He could have caused the earth to swallow us up! Ah! those who reject Allah will assuredly never prosper."

And likewise, neither the Muslims can harm the non-Muslims, nor can the non-Muslims harm the Muslims, except by Allah's Will. Each of us needs to look for the enemy within. :-)

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

AsdullahHamza,

From the verses you quote is the message that poverty is good and that it is inappropiate to measure to sucess of a person or kingdom by it's wealth?

Do I have that right?

Thanks.

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

From the verses you quote is the message that poverty is good and that it is inappropiate to measure to sucess of a person or kingdom by it's wealth?

Do I have that right?

1. Allah is the One Who bestows wealth and withholds (or takes away) it .

2. Being endowed with wealth by itself does not indicate God's good pleasure, nor does its absence means His displeasure.

3. Allah does not love the insolent ones, nor the mischief makers.

4. A person should try to make his wealth a means of Allah's good pleasure for him.

5. He should not be on account of it proud or arrogant.

6. Nor oppressive.

7. Faith and righteousness without wealth is better than wealth without faith and righteousness.

8. Faith and righteousness go along with (sabr) patience.

9. The reward of the hereafter is better than wealth over here.

10. Those who reject their Creator will not flourish.

And more.

JazakAllah for reading. :-)

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

AsdullahHamza,

So are you saying that it is Allah's will that the Islamic nations of the world have less power and wealth than the godless ones?

Seems a bit negitive if the point of worshiping Allah is that it benefits yourself spiritually and then on death Allah judges you but since all things sever Allah then presumable I sever Allah without having to spend all that effort hypnotising myself happy.

If I live a virtiuos life then surely on death Allah will be happy with me. Why the necessity to worship him??

aakwrAllahwbHu

So are you saying that it is Allah's will that the Islamic nations of the world have less power and wealth than the godless ones?

He gives dominion and strength to whom He wills, be it the godly ones or the godless.

Seems a bit negitive if the point of worshiping Allah is that it benefits yourself spiritually and then on death Allah judges you but since all things sever Allah then presumable I sever Allah without having to spend all that effort hypnotising myself happy.

If I live a virtiuos life then surely on death Allah will be happy with me. Why the necessity to worship him??

What is a virtuous life?

aakwrAllahwbHu

I would define that as one which was lived doing good rather than harm.

Alright. So this is how you would define it.

Before I delve into your definition, tell me, did you come up with it yourself, or did you get it from some scientific study?

Hopefully I will leave the world a little better for my having lived.

Inshallah.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Hey there, Tim the plumber. Consider me out of this thread.

I would define that as one which was lived doing good rather than harm.

Hopefully I will leave the world a little better for my having lived.

That's quite noble of you, my brother. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil aalameen.

I made it up but I think it is generally the "nerd's code" as professed by lots of people who have made enough money and now it is time to make the world a better place.

TIME PLUMBER is reasoning like a 5 year old and you guys are just wasting time answering his question.I think he is confussed and needs a religion.