Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DAWATEISLAMI.NET mustvisit

Student Grant

PropellerAds

sounds like stealing. You should give the money back because the grant is there to help you study and since you are quitting you should give it back so someone else who can use that money for their education...you should keep part of the grant if you have already incurred costs due to studying but i think you should give the rest back. just my opinion.

I was told grants are halal and loans are haram.

sounds like stealing.

Gifts are not stolen.

“And do not say, concerning that which your tongues falsely put forward, ‘This is lawful and this is forbidden,’ so as to invent lies against Allâh. Indeed, those who invent lies against Allâh will never prosper.â€Sûrah Nahl 16:116-117

Chapter 1-About one who interprets the Qur’an on his own opinion

(2959)

ÞóÇáó ÑóÓõæáõ Çááøóåö Õóáøóì Çááøóåõ Úóáóíúåö æóÓóáøóãó ãóäú ÞóÇáó Ãöí ÇáúÞõÑúÂäö ÈöÛóíúÑö Úöáúãò ÃóáúíóÊóÈóæøóÃú ãóÞúÚóÃóåõ ãöäú ÇáäøóÇÑö

Ibn Abbas (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said, “He who speaks on the Qur’an without possessing knowledge must assume his seat in the Fire.â€

[Ahmed 2069]

Edited by Orthodox

fair enough, its not stealing I guess, perhaps I shouldnt have been so harsh in that comment. But its like if someone gives you money to buy some shoes and you spend it on a Super Soaker 3000, it just doesnt seem right, if you know what I mean...

fair enough, its not stealing I guess, perhaps I shouldnt have been so harsh in that comment. But its like if someone gives you money to buy some shoes and you spend it on a Super Soaker 3000, it just doesnt seem right, if you know what I mean...

It's ok [smile]. But the person did not explain his intentions or for what he will use the money. Actually, he has no choice, he will be using the money for education so he can get the a job and earn enough to feed his wife and children, an obligation of a man in Islam.

Edited by Orthodox

well the thing is i have to pay bak the tution fee and m moving to manchester m gonna use da moni 2 find a job but is the purpose of grant is just for personal use.. i need 2 know

jazakallah khair

please qid quran and hadith

May Allah reward you for seeking correctness [smile]. Always get a fatwa. Please, pplease do not get offended by what I will tell you. I know you can write words in full [smile], so write them in full. Gonna = Going, da = the, smile = :sl:. Can you give more detail? Actually, I am not a scholar or nothing close to even a student. Do you have any other means to try and contact a scholar?

Your sister { smile}.