Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Orthodox

Two Quick Questions About Christianity

1. Are we accountable for our sins?

2. Is Jesus, pbuh, the only begotted son of god?

PropellerAds

2. ...What?

Throughout the New Testament (see "New Testament passages", below) the phrase "Son of God" is applied repeatedly, in the singular, only to Jesus. "sons of God" is applied to others only in the plural.[10] The Gospel of John calls Jesus God's "only begotten son" (John 1:14, 3:16 3:18, 1 John 4:9), and Saint Paul's Letter to the Romans, in different words, states that God sent "his own[11] son" (Romans 8:3). It is disputed whether the original Greek word for "only-begotten" "μονογενής, monogenēs" should be translated as "only begotten," since another usage for it in the Septuagint is "special son", "one-son-of-a-kind" (Heb 11:17) where Isaac is described as μονογενής although he was not Abraham's only son according to the Old Testament.[12]) It also refers to Jesus simply as "the son" in contexts in which "the Father" is used to refer to God the Father.[13]

[edit]

Wiki

1. Are we accountable for our sins?

2. Is Jesus, pbuh, the only begotted son of god?

As a former Christin, allow me to answer.

1. Yes but if you truly (so no saying sorry just to get a clean slate to sin again) ask for forgiveness from Jesus you're good.

2. Depends. Most Christians would say yes but many (including myself by the time I abandoned the religion) point out that all of Humanity are the Children of God, that Jesus never spoke of himself as a son of God outside this context and that it was 700 years after his ascension before Emperor Constantine declared him a god in violation of the 1st Commandment (the concept of the Trinity was created to explain away this counteraction) at the Council of Narcia. This is a point that is, after having largely been crushed by the early Roman Catholic Church, slowly regaining ground in the Christian community as they seek to dispel innovations from the religion. You may have noticed, if you study Western civilization, that Halloween is increasingly becoming viewed as Satanic, this is largely why.

Christianity is entering another schism, with the RCC starting to collapse, litralists (which is to say those that ignore metaphor and symbolism in the Bible choosing to instead take it as literal truth) attempting to hijack the religion to advance their intolerant and radical agenda and the fundies trying to, as I've already stated, remove innovations. The resulting confusion is largely what drove me to view Christianity as corrupted beyond being worthy of my belief.

Wow...

Most Christians would say yes
Yet many Christians accue the Qur'an for implying they say what the Bible or Biblical authors says!!!

JazzakAllahu Khayr and respond to my other thread on AHmadinejad.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=734067.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=734067.html&[/url]

Edited by Orthodox

As a former Christin, allow me to answer.

1. Yes but if you truly (so no saying sorry just to get a clean slate to sin again) ask for forgiveness from Jesus you're good.

2. Depends. Most Christians would say yes but many (including myself by the time I abandoned the religion) point out that all of Humanity are the Children of God, that Jesus never spoke of himself as a son of God outside this context and that it was 700 years after his ascension before Emperor Constantine declared him a god in violation of the 1st Commandment (the concept of the Trinity was created to explain away this counteraction) at the Council of Narcia. This is a point that is, after having largely been crushed by the early Roman Catholic Church, slowly regaining ground in the Christian community as they seek to dispel innovations from the religion. You may have noticed, if you study Western civilization, that Halloween is increasingly becoming viewed as Satanic, this is largely why.

Christianity is entering another schism, with the RCC starting to collapse, litralists (which is to say those that ignore metaphor and symbolism in the Bible choosing to instead take it as literal truth) attempting to hijack the religion to advance their intolerant and radical agenda and the fundies trying to, as I've already stated, remove innovations. The resulting confusion is largely what drove me to view Christianity as corrupted beyond being worthy of my belief.

First point 1. I would like to address seeing as I am a Christian studding Islam right now. The answer to one like you said is yes but one must also utilize confession as it is not possible to be perfectly contrite.

Part 2. I don't think that it depends at all. It is a i emphatic yes. Compare Exodus 3:14 and John 8:58. They draw a parallel. Jesus him self declared this himself in Matt. 28:20. Just some food for thought.

Point 3. I have not seen a RCC starting to collapse yet. What evidence do you have of that? I am curious?

Orthodox

Yet many Christians accue the Qur'an for implying they say what the Bible or Biblical authors says!!!

? What do you mean. If the Christians are drawing a negative of the Qur'an unjustly that is not good. I can not give a opinion as I have just started reading it. Unfortunately in English as I can not read Arabic.