Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AsadullahHamza

Is This Person A Disbeliever Or Not?

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Is this person a kaafir or not?

Muhammad bin Mukatil relates that a man approached Imam Abu Hanifa and asked him, "What is your opinion regarding a person who does not hope for Jannah, who doesn't fear Allah (swt) and is not afraid of the fire of Hell. He eats meat of animals not slaughtered according to religious requirements and observes prayers without Ruku' (bowing) and Sujud (Prostration), and testifies to what he has not seen (witnessed). He dislikes Haq (Which is right and certain) and loves Fitna (Trials and tribulations)

The students of Imam Abu Hanifa replied "This persons situation is difficult, problematic and hard to solve." In another version it is narrated that they replied, "This person is very bad and these characteristics are of a Kaafir".

Imam Abu Hanifa replied, "This persons situation is not difficult and these are not

properties of a Kaafir, as this is a person who doesn't wish or hope for Jannah but wishes and looks forward to meeting Allah (swt). He fears Allah (swt) and not the Fire of Hell (obviously he who fears Allah (swt) will refrain from all that is prohibited and do what is asked of him and thus will not need to fear Hell as he will be going into Jannah - Insha Allah). He doesn't fear injustice and unfairness from Allah (swt) in His rule. He eats Fish and Crust (remember these do not have to be slaughtered). He reads Salatul Janazah in which there is no ruku' or sujud. He testifies that there is only One Allah (swt) (though he has not seen him) and Muhammad (saws) is His Messenger. He dislikes Haq (what is right) which is death, as it is certain. He loves his children, money, wealth and possessions as they are Fitna"

After hearing this remarkable answer, the questioner stood up and kissed Imam Abu Hanifa's head and said, "I bear witness that you are a receptacle for knowledge."

(Extracted from ''The Wisdom of Abu Haneefah'' By Shaykh Ahmed Ali)

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

PropellerAds

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil aalameen.

GOD AWJ grants wisdom and insight to whom He Wills.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

Wow[using large font size is not allowed] !!! so fantastic... Jazakallah khayr for sharing...

ÈöÓۡãö ٱááåö ٱáÑøóÃۡãóÜٰäö ٱáÑøóÃöíãö

It is not permitted to classify, and grade people with names...

“Al-Wasiyah al-Kubrah†(The Major Legacy)

Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah

“Al-Wasiyah al-Kubrah†is advice that Ibn Taymiyyah wrote to the followers of Shaykh ‘Adiy Ibn Musaafer likewise dividing the Ummah and putting it through tests on the basis of things which were not commanded by Allah and His Messenger (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)

[is not permitted]: for example saying to a man: “Are you a Shukaily or a Qirfandy?â€

These names are false and Allah (Subhanaahu wa Ta’aala) has not sent any authority for their use,

and there is neither in the Book of Allah

nor in the Sunnah of His Messenger (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)

nor in any of the known narrations from the Salaf of this Ummah any [mention of the names such as]Shukaily and Qirfandy.

…

It is narrated that Mu’aawiyah asked ‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Abbaas (radhiAllahu ‘anhum):

“Are you in ‘Ali’s group, or in Uthmaan’s group?â€

He said:

“I am neither in ‘Ali’s group, nor in Uthmaan’s group,

I am in the group of the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).â€

…

Likewise each of the Salaf would say: “All these ‘ahwaa’ (whims, or sects) are in the fire.â€

Another would say:

“I do not know which is the greater Blessing?...

That Allah (Subhanaahu wa Ta’aala) has Guided me to Islam,

or that he has prevented me from these ‘ahwaa’.â€

…

Moreover, Allah (Subhanaahu wa Ta’aala) has called us in the Qur’an:

the Muslims,

the Believers,

the Slaves of Allah,

so we do not leave these names that Allah has given us and adopt names which some people and their parents have innovated, and which Allah (Subhanaahu wa Ta’aala) has given no authority [for their use].

…

Indeed the names which might be desirable to use such as those indicating the affiliation of people to an Imam like Hanafi, Maaliki, Shaafi’i, Hanbali, or a Shaykh like Qadiri or ‘Adawi etc, or affiliation to a tribe like Qaisi or Yamaani, or a country, like Syrian, Iraqi, Egyptian - No one is allowed to put the people through tests on the basis of these names, neither can they show walaa’ [allegiance] or show enmity on the basis of these names;

Indeed, the most honoured of people in the sight of Allah (Subhanaahu wa Ta’aala) are those with the most Taqwa.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Sister Orthodox says

Indeed, the most honoured of people in the sight of Allah (Subhanaahu wa Ta’aala) are those with the most Taqwa.

JazakAllah for the reminder, my sister. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

Sister Muslimah7 says

Wow !!! so fantastic... Jazakallah khayr for sharing...

Perhaps Allah AWJ indeed did favor Abu Hanifa (rAllahah) with knowledge and piety. And Allah Alone knows the truth of all things. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen. :-)

Assalaamu alaykum!

Perhaps, sister Orthodox, you ought to reflect on the words of bro. al faqeer who said concerning the above narration:

Subhan Allah so true , we should never be quick to judge .

By posting this:

You have been quick to judge.

In my opinion, this is an excellent story that all of us Muslims can learn from.

:sl: Please read the quote before judgeing. The quote supported Hamza's thread. It isn't judgeing anyone.

Assalaamu alaykum!

Perhaps, sister Orthodox, you ought to reflect on the words of bro. al faqeer who said concerning the above narration:

By posting this:

You have been quick to judge.

In my opinion, this is an excellent story that all of us Muslims can learn from.

Edited by Orthodox

Bro. Hamza says to you after you post these words:

JazakAllah for the reminder, my sister. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

I think that was rather gracious of him to respond in that way. He is far better and above me to be able to give such a response. May Allah reward him for bearing with patience whatever you posted.

Then Bro. Hamza then states the response of another Muslim sister, which was different from yours.

Sister Muslimah7 says

Wow !!! so fantastic... Jazakallah khayr for sharing...

In the end Bro. Hamza says:

Perhaps Allah AWJ indeed DID favor Abu Hanifa.

Now, why would he say such a thing unless you had posted something that did not support Bro. Hamza's thread? Your post suggested that Abu Hanifa was classifying grading people with names. And top of that, you go ahead and copy paste something you found concerning the subject.

I apologize, sister orthodox for stating that you have been quick to judge. But I couldn't remain silent and didn't have the patience to tolerate such quickness to judge, the way Bro. Hamza did.

Bro. Hamza says in his last statement:

And Allah Alone knows the truth of all things. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen. :-)

Certainly, Allah knows best the truth.

Alhamdulillahir Rabbil Al ameen!

Edited by Peace Is Power

Sister :sl:

My quote contradicts whatever you are accusing me of and it also again, supports what the brother posted! Hold on, what ar eyou accusing me of? That my quote is accusing brother Hamza of grading people by names? How would that be so when respected brotehr clearly quoted a nice peace of a scholar I take my religion from who is being against classifying Muslims as non-Muslims? Please preserve your time and stay away what is not of your concern.

Indeed the names which might be desirable to use such as those indicating the affiliation of people to an Imam like Hanafi, Maaliki, Shaafi’i, Hanbali, or a Shaykh like Qadiri or ‘Adawi etc, or affiliation to a tribe like Qaisi or Yamaani, or a country, like Syrian, Iraqi, Egyptian -[u] No one is allowed to put the people through tests on the basis of these names, neither can they show walaa’ [allegiance] or show enmity on the basis of these names;[/u]

Edited by Orthodox

Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Excellent post by Brother Hamza

I request members to abide to rules do not accuse each other of anything nor talk about sects as we do not propogate or encourage sect talk.

Statements such as these are not appreciated

Likewise each of the Salaf would say: “All these ‘ahwaa’ (whims, or sects) are in the fire.”

Kindly abstain from such statements

JAzak Allah khair wa ahsanul jaza

Assalam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Excellent post by Brother Hamza

I request members to abide to rules do not accuse each other of anything nor talk about sects as we do not propogate or encourage sect talk.

Statements such as these are not appreciated

Kindly abstain from such statements

JAzak Allah khair wa ahsanul jaza

:sl:

Sister, that was a hadith. A statment from Resool :sl:

No one talked about sects.

The hadith is not affirming Hell to anyone. It is clear from what I qoted, it supposrts what you have said, and that we should not jusge or be biased on people just because they call themselves a particular title. And especially not be biased just because they follow a little more stricter Islam, sister "Peace is Power."

Edited by Orthodox

:sl:

Prophet Muhammad said that every deed is with intention. My dear sister *Peace in Power*, we cannot know the mind of any individual, so the best thing to do is to take their words as they have said it, not as we perceive it.

I hope you will forgive me, as I mean no harm. Let's get along for the sake of Allah.

hope you will forgive me, as I mean no harm. Let's get along for the sake of Allah.

There's nothing to forgive sister Redeem. I like many of your posts and they show you have much insight and wisdom.

And like you said, all actions are judged by intentions.....yours, mine and everyone else's. Allah alone knows the truth about what's in our hearts and HE is the best to judge.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Sister Umm e Sarwat says

Excellent post..

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen

Sister Peace Is Power says

Bro. Hamza says to you after you post these words:

"JazakAllah for the reminder, my sister. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen."

I think that was rather..

May Allah AWJ forgive me in that which has led you to say kind words that I am not worthy of. And may He SWT forgive my shortcomings, and make me worthy of your kind words.

And may He SWT reward you with better, my sister. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

Assalamu alaykum bro. Hamza.

May Allah AWJ forgive me in that which has led you to say kind words that I am not worthy of. And may He SWT forgive my shortcomings, and make me worthy of your kind words.

And may He SWT reward you with better, my sister. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

I'm glad to have met a person like you, who is wary of the sin of pride and who does not allow that to get to his head. Alhamdulillah!

But what I have said is what I feel to be true. I am too fiery and hot-headed and lack the kind of patience that you have. May Allah forgive me for all my outbursts, shortcomings and impatience.

And may Allah SWT reward you and forgive you too. Ameen.