Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AsadullahHamza

Call Towards Piety And Goodness With Gentleness

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

The one who exhorts others towards righteousness but does it with harshness and without kindness is like the one who holds out a lamp for others but himself cannot see and does not know that the lamp has extinguished.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

Edited by Proud Muslima

PropellerAds

Mash'Allah Tabark Allah respected brother .

Well said :sl:

I would love to add some Hadiths :

Prophet Muhammad - “Thus saith the Lord, 'Verily those who are patient in adversity and forgive wrongs, are the doers of excellence.'

Once Muhammad was asked, "O Apostle of God!" How many times are we to forgive our servant's faults?" He was silent. Again the questioner asked, and Muhammad gave no answer. But when the man asked a third time, he said, "Forgive your servants seventy times day."

‘Aishah (r.a.) the wife of Allah's Messenger (s.a.w.s.) narrated that Allah's Messenger (s.a.w.s.) said: “Verily Allah is kind and He loves kindness and confers kindness which he does not confer upon severity and does not confer upon anything else besides it (kindness).†(Muslim 4/ 6273)

Edited by Proud Muslima

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Can you edit my post and fix this <typo>, sister?

The one who exhorts others towards righteousness but does it with harshness and without kindness is like the one who <is> holds out a lamp for others but himself cannot see and does not know that the lamp has extinguished.

JazakAllah.

I would love to add some Hadiths :

Prophet Muhammad - “Thus saith the Lord, 'Verily those who are patient in adversity and forgive wrongs, are the doers of excellence.'

Once Muhammad was asked, "O Apostle of God!" How many times are we to forgive our servant's faults?" He was silent. Again the questioner asked, and Muhammad gave no answer. But when the man asked a third time, he said, "Forgive your servants seventy times day."

‘Aishah (r.a.) the wife of Allah's Messenger (s.a.w.s.) narrated that Allah's Messenger (s.a.w.s.) said: “Verily Allah is kind and He loves kindness and confers kindness which he does not confer upon severity and does not confer upon anything else besides it (kindness).†(Muslim 4/ 6273)

JazakAllah for the lovely reminders, my sister. Here's another beautiful hadith:

'A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying:

Kindness is not to be found in anything but that it adds to its beauty and it is not withdrawn from anything but it makes it defective.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

Can you edit my post and fix this <typo>, sister?

Of course respected brother , I will Insh'Allah

May Allah swt reward you

aakwrAllahwbHu

:-)) JazakAllah, sister, but I should have made myself more clear. :-)

This is how I would like you to make it read, inshallah:

The one who exhorts others towards righteousness but does it with harshness and without kindness is like the one who holds out a lamp for others but himself cannot see and does not know that the lamp has extinguished.

I am putting you through trouble, my sister, jazakAllah.

Oh respected brother , my apologies !!

Insh'Allah now it is like what you wanted it to be ?

Jazakallahu Khair

aakwrAllahwbHu

Oh respected brother , my apologies !!

Your kindness is humbling, my sister. :-)

Insh'Allah now it is like what you wanted it to be ?

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil aalameen.

May Allah make you a star that outshines the sun in its splendor

The stars shine in the night, may you shine also during the day.

Alhamdulillah , it's fine respected brother !!

You're most welcome : )

Okay. Now correct me if I am wrong. But I am curious and want to know some things. Like this name of proud muslima. obviosly muslima must mean a female muslim. but a proud muslima means what?

What is there to be proud about? can you explain what exactly that means. This was a topic on piety and the word "proud" somehow doesn't fit.

but I could be wrong. there might be a very good reason. Enlighten me please.

Okay. Now correct me if I am wrong. But I am curious and want to know some things. Like this name of proud muslima. obviosly muslima must mean a female muslim. but a proud muslima means what?

Hello dear friend :sl:

I don't understand your questions , but well , my username means like " I'm a proud muslima " but instead of writing " I'm " I have just written proud muslima .

What is there to be proud about? can you explain what exactly that means. This was a topic on piety and the word "proud" somehow doesn't fit.

Can you please explain the last part of your question ?

ok. You see pious people are never proud. Thats just common sense.

So if you are proud then wheres the piety?

And if you are proud about being muslim then a person who is not muslim but not proud would, I think be a better and more pious person.

Piety and pride just dont go together. So thats my explanation. Thanks.

And if you are proud about being muslim then a person who is not muslim but not proud would, I think be a better and more pious person.

There is a difference between arrogance/pride and dignity. No one knows the intentions of people save Allah, therefore only Allah can judge us. We can judge people by their actions, but only Allah knows the intentions. Sincerity in Islam is very important, of course. There is something called iman, faith. Faith decreases and increases. My faith is sometimes low, at other times it is high, and at others, in the middle and so on.

I do not know how to define iman in English. Many things are apart of iman, our actions, modesty, etc... So when something causes pride in me, depending on how close I am to Allah and how minful of Him at the moment, determines my actions. We must fear and hope and love Allah altogether. Balance the three.

SO you are right. WHen one is doing something incorrect, it is probably a result of their weak iman. But Allah knows best I repeat.

Edited by Orthodox

Peace Sister... the word "proud" can be used in many ways,

As an adjective...

e.g. it may refer to arrogance or haughtiness like proud nobles of the court...

on the other hand if i say, "i am proud to meet u", what will that imply? of course it will refer to an affectionate admiration of or a justifiable pride concerning someone / something(not arrogance)

Similarly we can say,

It was a proud day for me when i entered the college.

As an adverb: e.g.

They did us proud at the Party

His honesty did me proud ... and the likes

hope i made it clear...

Wasalaam...

No unfortunately it is not clear to me.

I don't understand how a muslim or muslima can be proud about anything.

Well, it is just a name that was picked. A user id. But I don't think I would ever pick a name like that. how would it sound if I were to say proud researcher. It would sound odd!! Because researchers can never be proud. I don't in fact mind having a name such as foolish researcher. Because that is closer to the truth. I have been known to be foolish before and I don't think I will be improving much later on, Bcoz I know enough to say that the knowledge out there is vast and I can never know even a fraction of it.

Well, it is just a name that was picked. A user id. But I don't think I would ever pick a name like that. how would it sound if I were to say proud researcher. It would sound odd!! Because researchers can never be proud. I don't in fact mind having a name such as foolish researcher. Because that is closer to the truth. I have been known to be foolish before and I don't think I will be improving much later on, Bcoz I know enough to say that the knowledge out there is vast and I can never know even a fraction of it.

dignity:

1.The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.

2.Inherent nobility and worth: the dignity of honest labor.

a.Poise and self-respect.

b.Stateliness and formality in manner and appearance.

4.The respect and honor associated with an important position.

5.A high office or rank.

6.dignities The ceremonial symbols and observances attached to high office.

7.Archaic. A dignitary.

Is what our respected sister Proud Muslims intended, smile.

Every person as a human being has pride within him or her.

Peace...

do you mean that instead of saying that, "Gawaher is proud to have sister researchgirl with us" it should be put as "Gawaher is foolish to have Sister Research girl with us" ...

and for that matter, instead of saying "His hospitality made me proud" , i shd say "His hospitality made me foolish" ...

:sl: Confused, coz the latter statement seems odd to me ... Please clarify...

Peace

Every person as a human being has pride within him or her.

If so, then one must do one's best to eliminate it. I know for a fact that God does not tolerate pride of all things.

Also, thanks for trying to explain what "proud" meant in this context. In which case Dignified Muslima would seem to be a better name?

By the way I like that simple name of the sister. Muslimah7. That is a cute, sweet name to have. I think I might choose such a name myself.

do you mean that instead of saying that, "Gawaher is proud to have sister researchgirl with us" it should be put as "Gawaher is foolish to have Sister Research girl with us" ...

I guess gawaher can say anything they like about me. I won't mind if they call me foolish. But I wouldn't call them foolish. Nor is it a matter of pride that they have accepted me as a member. They can warn me and throw me out if I break the rules, and I believe this is applicable to all members.

The question of pride simply doesn't arise in this case?

If so, then one must do one's best to eliminate it. I know for a fact that God does not tolerate pride of all things.

Also, thanks for trying to explain what "proud" meant in this context. In which case Dignified Muslima would seem to be a better name?

By the way I like that simple name of the sister. Muslimah7. That is a cute, sweet name to have. I think I might choose such a name myself.

Yes, pride is very much condemned in Islam...I hope you become our sister in Islam, then we can work against pride together.:sl:

Edited by Orthodox

I hope you become our sister in Islam, then we can work against pride together.

I'm still doing research and need more answers. Christianity appeals to me because of the emphasis of love and I have found Christians to be most loving and kindest. To me, love and kindness is very important.

brother then you should be involved to the Muslim brothers and sisters and then compare that how welcoming are they and inshallah Islam will guide you then to the right path

I'm still doing research and need more answers. Christianity appeals to me because of the emphasis of love and I have found Christians to be most loving and kindest. To me, love and kindness is very important.

I'd search for a religion by God.

I think I would like to correct myself here. I did not mean that I wanted to be a muslimah and then attach a number to the name of muslimah. I meant that i would rather have some sort of user id and then a number, such as researcher7 or researcher8.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I think I would like to correct myself here. I did not mean that I wanted to be a muslimah and then attach a number to the name of muslimah. I meant that i would rather have some sort of user id and then a number, such as researcher7 or researcher8.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's okay...You know? You seem very honest.