Islamic Forum
Orthodox

Christianity Simplified

Dude, coming from a smart-alleck like me this is saying a LOT: easy there! Try to be just a *little* less insulting to other people's deeply cherished beliefs next time, wouldja?

Quite so..

ron

PropellerAds

Geeeeeeeeeeee looks like Christianity can't be Simplified does it. :sl:

Brother in Christ, I do not think it’s in our best interest to quarrel over our differences especially in the “Refuting non-Muslims†chat room.

God bless,

this is correct, fellow christians forgive me for being over zealous in small matters.

I see you are behaving like a good Christian then ...

Yeah, you've really got it ... good Christians should be a-tellin' da Truth, whatever the cost.

Jesus did.

All of this stuff about the Catholic church wanting to sleep with Protestants

is frankly more than I can handle.

P.S. Just got kicked off a Christian forum (run partially by Catholics)

for bringing up the octopus thing, the prayin' to Mary thing, etc.

The Mod (who did me the favor) said his reason was I hate Catholics!

Hating doctrinal error is hating the people caught up in it. Okay.

I hate homosexuality, but I have homosexual friends (P.S. I don't hate 'em).

Try to point out obvious errors to someone and you get crucified.

Remind you of someone?

Than you, Mods, for allowin' me to vent. Send me your bill.

Edited by Ameer7

Ameer7, You want to discuss Catholic pratice and doctrin I suggest going to CAF they will set things straight. The biggest thing is to be respectful there.

Christianity simplified. Hmm.. All men are sinners through the fall of adam and eve. The wages of sin is death. Jesus Christ who is both true God and true man sacrificed himself for us to restore our grace through baptism and adoption into Gods family. Thus taking away the sting of death. That is why we call God Father. Christianity is incredibly complex, and full of depth and love. I just tried to simplify it but I did a poor job. Still, may the peace of our lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Christianity simplified. Hmm.. All men are sinners through the fall of adam and eve. The wages of sin is death. Jesus Christ who is both true God and true man sacrificed himself for us to restore our grace through baptism and adoption into Gods family. Thus taking away the sting of death. That is why we call God Father. Christianity is incredibly complex, and full of depth and love. I just tried to simplify it but I did a poor job. Still, may the peace of our lord Jesus Christ be with you.

If you are saying that Jesus Christ is both true God and true man. how will that justify the statement of Jesus in Mathew 7:21 and John 5:30? Are you saying that God has to become the man Jesus before "...seeking in the will of him who send me." is that not confusing? how will you want me to conceive that? 

John chapter 15 sums it up nicely,

The Vine and the Branches.1* “I am the true vine,* and my Father is the vine grower.a2He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and everyone that does he prunes* so that it bears more fruit.3You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you.b4Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me.5I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.6* c Anyone who does not remain in me will be thrown out like a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and they will be burned.7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.d8By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.e9As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love.f10If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.g

11“I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.h12This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.i13* No one has greater love than this,j to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.14You are my friends if you do what I command you.15I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master is doing. I have called you friends,* because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.k16It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.l17This I command you: love one another

if these words (John 15) were actually spoken by Jesus, what they mean is that one can not worship God except in the way defined by the Prophet of God. Jesus emphasized to his disciples that they could only worship God by the way which he had taught them. 

In Qur'an 3:31, God instructs Muhammad (SAW) to instruct mankind o follow him if they truly love God. "Tell (the people): If you really love Allah, then follow me and Allah will love you and forgive your sins. For Allah is off-Forgiving. Most Merciful." 

"But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me." 

Yes. Our difference being Jesus is God not a prophet. So if he says his way or the highway, Christians go his way. In Islam Jesus is messiah true but also a prophet. So when Mohammed says he's a prophet then he is also safe be be believed. If your a Muslim believing his message is understandable. Though Christians are understand no obligation to follow Mohammed.

When Muhammad (SAW) says he's a Prophet; the Messenger of God sent with a divine message from God, that is a clear and conceivable statement from Muhammad to mankind.  

Can you point out in the bible were Jesus said he is God or worship me? 

Edited by adam27

I humbly ask you not to go down that road my friend.  Not because there aren't passages of this for indeed there are.

Although the title "Son of Man" may seem fairly innocuous, it is, in fact, a title of the Messiah, of whom the book of Daniel claims that all people will serve and that His kingdom would never end:

"I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. "And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations, and men of every language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed. (
)

Obviously, if the Son of Man were only human, He would not be able to establish an eternal kingdom. Likewise, He would not be able to convince all peoples to serve Him. Such abilities and honors are reserved for God alone.

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." (Matthew 28:18)

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)

Lastly, one way Christianity can be simplified though doing so barely scratches the surface of Christianity; is to say as it does in Pauls letter to the Ephesians chapter 4;5 and forgive me for paraphrasing. 

One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism.