Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Enochian

How Does Islam Explain Buddhist Rainbow Body?

PropellerAds

Noone has anything?

It happens every few years. Dalai Lama said the last time was recently with a Gelug monk Khenpo Achung in 2004. Many lamas and townspeople have witnessed rainbow bodies over the years.

According to buddhism there are two main results:

If one finishes the the thogal process before death, one obtains the light body before death. They look normal, BUT other peoples hands would go through, because there is nothing material in the body. This has not happened in centuries.

The other more common result that occurs even today is when the person does not finish the thogal process before death. Then at death the corpse shrinks to the size of a small child or dinner plate. The practitioner is a Buddha at this point anyway though just like above.

It says at the top "Insha'Allah we can clear all your doubts with solid proofs, and help you understand how Islam is the true path."

So where are the responses?

Are the Mahasiddhas correct that refuge in the Three Jewels (use wikipedia) rather than Allah is the true path?

Salam, this is your self appointed doorman here, welcome to the forum..

It says at the top "Insha'Allah we can clear all your doubts with solid proofs, and help you understand how Islam is the true path."

So where are the responses?

Be patient, those with knowledge will respond to you IA, as for me , I have no clue what you're talking about..

Perhaps you can briefly explain :

It happens every few years. Dalai Lama said the last time was recently with a Gelug monk Khenpo Achung in 2004. Many lamas and townspeople have witnessed rainbow bodies over the years.

According to buddhism there are two main results:

If one finishes the the thogal process before death, one obtains the light body before death. They look normal, BUT other peoples hands would go through, because there is nothing material in the body. This has not happened in centuries.

The other more common result that occurs even today is when the person does not finish the thogal process before death. Then at death the corpse shrinks to the size of a small child or dinner plate. The practitioner is a Buddha at this point anyway though just like above.

-what is the 'thogal' process? Is that what it takes to have 'rainbow' bodies?

-How do you correlate the above with your belief being the 'truth'?

Hi RAHIMI,

Did you read the second half of the "Dzogchen" wikipedia article?

Hi RAHIMI,

Did you read the second half of the "Dzogchen" wikipedia article?

Actually I didn't check out wiki at all, too lazy I guess, perhaps you can offer a little summary.. I remember watching a documentary awhile back about some Japanese Buddhist monk who keeps himself on a diet of barks/peeling of pine trees, the aim being after he died, his bodies would be naturally mummified..is this similar to thogal?

Edited by RAHIMI

Please just read the "Rigpa and Rainbow body" section of the Dzogchen entry on wikipedia.

I can't post a link for some reason.

Enochian, firstly, "Insha'Allah" means God willing. If God wills it, we will be able to bring you to Islam. If He doesn't, then we will not. Secondly, just because you have created a topic does not mean it will capture the interest of forum members.

To comment on the issue, I'm interested in knowing what scientists have to say, if they have been able to document and experience this reported phenomenon.

Salam.

Scientists have not even heard of this phenomenon.

Please read "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya" and any Dzogchen book by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu for more information if you are interested in learning more.

By the way, rainbow body is just simply the result of achieving Buddhahood on the physical earth (as opposed to in the bardo or such).

Well, most of us are busy. I would read the thing if it was of any use and even validity, I would skimm through having things to study.

What is the point of you thread so we move on from there, inshALlah? Most of these things have been heavily refued in the past even on this site.

Edited by Orthodox

I guess I have my answer. The Three Jewels are the correct object of refuge, as the great Mahasiddhas have said. Thanks. Goodbye everyone.

Goodbye. Be happy you didn't get kicked out providing information that has not been authorized by anyone.

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

I guess I have my answer. The Three Jewels are the correct object of refuge, as the great Mahasiddhas have said. Thanks. Goodbye everyone.

Hey there, Enochian.

JazakAllah for the food for thought. And don't mind everything that others say, inshallah.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.