Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RAHIMI

Seeing The Prophet (saw): What Is The Right Attitude?

:sl:

A brother has the following question:

What is the right attitude to adopt by one who has seen the prophet :sl: in a dream?

Does he keep it to himself, or tell others?

Is there a need to seek out the meaning of the dream? If so, where is the right place or person who may be able to interpret the meaning?

If possible,please provide some references with regard to this subject.

:no:

PropellerAds

A brother has the following question:

What is the right attitude to adopt by one who has seen the prophet :sl: in a dream?

Does he keep it to himself, or tell others?

Is there a need to seek out the meaning of the dream? If so, where is the right place or person who may be able to interpret the meaning?

If possible,please provide some references with regard to this subject.

:no:

The big question I reckon would be how do you know that the man you saw was the prophet (saws)?

Nobody living today knows what the Prophet (saws) looked like.

A few years ago, I listened to Dreams and Dream Interpretation by Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki and as I searched for the Hadiths he had used, I came across a post on another forum in which a member had quoted the Imam's entire lecture in writing. So here it is and some of the numberings answer your questions.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicboard(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/miscellaneous/134269982-dreams-dream-interpretations.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamicboard(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/miscellaneous/...pretations.html[/url]

Seventeen Rules of Dream Interpretations:

Ibn Qutaybah ad-Dinawari ÑÃãå Çááå says in his book about dream interpretations, “There is nothing in which people deal with from the different sciences that is more obscure, delicate, exalted, noble, difficult and problematic than dreams because they are a type of revelation and type of Prophethood.â€

Narrated Anas bin Malik ÑÖí Çááå ÚäåAllah’s Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáãsaid, “A good dream (that comes true) of a righteous man is one of forty-six parts of prophet hood.†[sahih al-Bukhari]

Some scholars tried to give explanation to this ratio of 1:46. We have no way to find out that if their explanation is correct or not. Prophet hood of Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã extended from 40 to 63 years meaning for 23 years. We know from Seerah that six months before becoming a Prophet,

Messenger of Allah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáãwas seeing dreams that would come out to be true on a very frequent basis so much so that he would see a dream one night and it would come to be true the next morning. So the ratio of 6 months to 23 years is 1:46.

1) There are 3 types of dreams:

Imam at-Tirmidhi ÑÃãå Çááå narrates from Muhammad Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå who narrates from Abu Hurairah ÑÖí Çááå ÊÚÇáì Úäå that Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã said, “There are three types of dreams: 1) True Dreams 2) A dream in which a person is speaking to himself (i.e. whatever you were thinking about in the day time, you see at night) 3) A dream from shaytaan in which he wants to make you sad â€

In one hadith it is mentioned that one should stand up and pray and in another the he should not mention it to anyone.

Abu Salamah ÑÖí Çááå Úäå once said, “Sometimes I would see a dream that would be heavier on me than carrying a mountain. But since I heard this hadith I wouldn’t care about the bad dream I would see.â€

Narrated Abu Sa‘id Al-Khudri ÑÖí Çááå Úäå: The Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, “If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him.†[sahih Muslim]

Q1) A question arises, is every dream that a believer sees good?

A1) Al Muhallab ÑÃãå Çááå says, “Most of the dreams of the righteous people are good dreams because sometimes a righteous person could see a dream that is meaningless but that is not very frequent because shaytaan’s control on them is very weak. And the opposite is true with other people because shaytaan has a stronger grasp over them. People are of the categories: 1) The Prophets: all of their dreams are truthful and but sometimes they need interpretation. The good dream is divided into 2 categories: a) Direct dream: something one would see in a dream and the exact scene repeats itself in day-time when you are awake and this dream does not need interpretation. b) A dream the comes in symbols and it needs to be interpreted. 2) The righteous: most of the time their dreams are truthful (most of them need to interpreted) and sometimes their dream are direct. 3) Rest of the people: most of their dreams are not true but some of them could be true.†[Fath al-Bari bi Sharh Sahih al-Bukhari]

2) Do not mention the dream for interpretation except to a scholar or a person who would advise you sincerely.

Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, “You should not mention this dream to an envious person…â€

There is also evidence for this in the Qur`an: (Remember) when Yûsuf (Joseph) saidto his father: “O my father! Verily, I saw (in a dream) eleven stars and the sun and the moon, I saw them prostrating themselves to me.†He (the father) said: “O my son! Relate not your vision to your brothers, lest they arrange a plot against you. Verily! Shaitân (Satan) is to man an open enemy! {Surat al-Yusuf, ayatyn 4-5}

3) Seeing Prophet

Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã Narrated Anas ÑÖí Çááå Úäå the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, “Whoever has seen me in a dream, then no doubt, he has seen me, for Satan cannot imitate my shape. [sahih al-Bukhari]

Q2) There is an issue here, what if a person sees Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã and he feels that it is him but his description in the dream if different than the one we know of from ahadith. So is the person in the dream Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã?

A2) Az-Zuhri ÑÃãå Çááå says that Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå said, “If you see him according to his description.†An-Nawawi ÑÃãå Çááå, however, has a contrary view and he says, “As long as you felt in your dream that the person you saw was Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã then it is him even if he comes in a different form.†Ibn Taymiyyah ÑÖí Çááå Úäå supports the view of Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå

4) A repetition of a dream is a sign of its truth. It does not matter if the same person sees the dream more than once or more than one person.

‘AbduLlah ibn ‘Umar ÑÖí Çááå ÚäåãÇ reported that some people were shown the Night of Qadr as being in the last seven days (of the month of Ramadan). The Prophet said, “I see that your dreams strengthen each other that Night of Qadr is in the last seven nights of Ramadhan so whoever searches for it, would search for it in the last seven days (of Ramadan).†[sahih al-Bukhari]

Also the dream about Adhan when 2 Sahabah Öí Çááå ÚäåãÇ saw the same dream.

5) Q3) When is the most expected time to see a righteous dream? At night or day time? Are all the times equal (whether seen at the beginning of the night or end of the day)?

A3) Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå said, “Dreams of day time are equal to the dreams of night.†[sahih Muslim]

6) Ibn Battal ÑÃãå Çááå said, “Dreams are of two types: a clear evident dream like somebody would dream about himself giving dates to someone and during the day time he would give somebody dates. This type of dream doesn’t need any interpretation. Secondly, a dream that comes in symbols and this type you would understand its meaning unless you get it interpreted by a person who has knowledge and experience dream interpretation because sometimes the symbols are very delicate and sophisticated.â€

Like the dream Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã saw in which he was drinking milk from a vessel and when some of it was remaining, he gave it ‘Umar ÑÖí Çááå Úäå. Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã interpreted it as knowledge. This means that Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã absorbed the knowledge and he mentions that the milk was so much that it started flowing beneath his nails. So he had so much knowledge in him, that it started flowing from him.

7) Dreams can be about the past or the present or the future.

8) True dreams increase towards the end of times.

Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå said,†I heard Abu Hurairah saying, ‘Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, “When Time approaches, the dream of the believer rarely would lie.’†[sahih al-Bukhari]

“When Time approaches…â€is explained in two different opinions:

1)al-Khattabi ÑÃãå Çááå said, “The meaning of ‘When Time approaches…†is the time of night and the time of day. When the time of night approaches the length the time of day, then the dreams of the believer will be true. These are the two times when flowers open up and when fruits are ripe. The scholars of dream interpretation actually state that these are the two time when the dreams are most likely to be true.â€

2)Al-Qurtubi ÑÃãå Çááå says, “What is meant by this hadith, and Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì knows best, is the end of times and it is talking about the group of believers that will be with ‘Isa ibn Maryam Úáíå ÓáÇã after he kills dajjal.â€

Ibn Abi Jamrah ÑÃãå Çááå says,†The reason why the believer sees true dreams at the time is because the believer will be ghareeb (stranger) as was mentioned in the hadith, ‘Islam began as something strange and it will return to the way it began being strange so give glad tidings to the strangers so give glad tidings to the strangers.’â€

Ibn Hajar al-‘Asqalani ÑÃãå Çááå comments on all the opinions by saying, “Whenever the times are difficult for the believer, he will see dreams that are true frequently because he needs help. When the believer is alone, when the times are difficult, when you don’t find people supporting on truth, then Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì will inspire you to give you glad tidings through the good dreams you would see and this is to give the believers in those difficult and testing times gives the believers strength, it gives them confidence, it gives them hope so they would see a lot of dreams that would come true.â€

For example the brothers who are doing Jihad feesabiliLlah see a lot of dreams that come out to be true because they are being tested by Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì thus He assists them.

9) Most of the times, if the dream is a glad tiding from Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì it would take a long for it to occur while if it is a warning it would occur swiftly.

For example Yusuf Úáíå ÓáÇã’s dream took a very long time for it to happen around 40 years. Some scholars say this is because Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì gives the believer glad tidings early on to give him confidence and hope, to inspire him in his life. While if it is a warning, you would see it and it would occur very soon so that it would be the reason of fear in your heart.

10) Dreams are glad tidings and warnings but can not be used as a source of Shari‘ah.

Ash-Shatbi ÑÃãå Çááå says regarding this, “Benefit of the dream in giving the believer a glad tiding or warning not in legislation and judgement or rulings.â€

11) If one sees a dream that is very long like a movie or someone is chasing you and it never ends then most likely that dream doesn’t mean anything. True dreams are short and concise.

12) The dream of a believer pleases him but it does not make him proud or over confident.

Ibn Muflih ÑÖí Çááå Úäå mentions in his book Adaab ash-Shar‘iyah, “Ibrahim al-Humaydi was righteous man and Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal visited him so Ibrahim told Imam Ahmad, ‘My mother has seen a dream for you where she saw this-and-that for you,’ and then he mentioned Jannah. Imam Ahmad said, ‘My brother, Sahl ibn Salamah, people used to see dreams for him similar to what you mentioned and in the end he ended up shedding blood so the dream pleases the believer, it doesn’t make him boastful.â€

13) Dream interpretation is not certain but presumptive and Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì says in Surah Yusuf: “And he said to the one he presumed to be saved…†{ayah # 42}

Ibn Kathir ÑÃãå Çááå mentions in his An-Nihayah wal Bidayah that there was a caliph (not a good one) of Ibn ‘Abbas who saw dream that he was climbing a dream with 28 steps. So he had that dream interpreted. The one who interpreted his dream told him that the meaning of this dream is, “You will rule for 28 years.†But he died six months later. He died at the age of 28 so the steps were representing his age not the time for his rule.

There was a woman who dreamt that her daughter would break three banners (flag carried in war time). So she went to Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå and he interpreted that dream saying, “If her dream is true, it means that she would marry three noble men all of them would be killed.†When her daughter grew up, she married Yazid ibn al-Muhallab who was a great leader in ‘Iraq and he was killed. Later on, she married ‘Amr ibn Yazid at-Taymi and he was killed. Her third marriage was with al-Hasan ibn ‘Uthman ibn ‘Abdur Rahman ibn ‘Awf ÑÃãå Çááå, the grandson of the Sahabi ‘Abdur Rahman bin ‘Awf. She had an argument with him and she told him, “In the Name of Allah, you would be killed.†He asked her the reason and she told him about her dream. He said, “Alright, I am going to divorce you since you think I am going to be killed now!†Finally, she married al-‘Abbas ibn ‘AbdiLlah ibn Harith ibn Nawfal ibn Harith ibn ‘Abdul Muttalib and he was killed.

One man saw in a dream, during the plague, that caskets were coming out of his house and the number of them was equal to the number of his family. So, he interpreted the dream that his entire family would be killed in the plague. And the dream started to manifest itself. His family were dying one after the other and all the bodies were coming out of his house exactly how he saw in his dream until he was the last member of his family left so he was pretty sure that he would be killed by the plague because his dream was, until now, true. But a thief came into his house and was struck by the plague, he fell ill in his house, he died and he was the last body to leave the house and not the person who saw the dream.

14) It is haram and a great sin to claim that one has a seen a dream whilst he has not seen it or to lie in it.

Narrated ‘AbduLlah ibn ‘Abbas ÑÖí Çááå Úäå that the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, “Whoever claims to have seen a dream that he has not seen, would be told to tie between two hairs on the Day of Judgement.â€

15) A dream could be seen by a person but it could be for someone else.

Al Hakim and ‘AbduLlah Ibn Mubarak narrate that someone saw a dream for Abu Jahl that he became a Muslims and pledged allegiance to Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã. But this never happened. So this dream was for his son, ‘Ikrimah ÑÖí Çááå Úäå who became a Muslim and pledged allegiance to Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã later on.

A dream was seen for Usayd bin Abil ‘Aas that he became the governor of Makkah and he never did but his son ‘Attab became the governor of Makkah.

16) Same symbol in a dream could mean different things for different people

For example: A man came to Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå and told him that he had seen himself in a dream giving Adhan. Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå replied, “You will make Hajj.†Another man came with the same dream and Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå replied, “You are a thief!†Ibn Sirin ÑÃãå Çááå was asked the reason of him giving different interpretations of the same dream to different people and he said, “Because I saw in the first man’s face righteousness and Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì says in the Qur`an that Ibrahim Úáíå ÓáÇã made adhan calling people to Hajj so I interpreted this mean that this person would make Hajj. Whilst I saw evil on the face of the other man and Allah ÓÈÃÇäå æ ÊÚÇáì says in Surah Yusuf, ‘then a crier cried: ‘O you (in) the caravan! Surely, you are thieves!’ so I interpreted it to mean that this person is a thief.’â€

17) Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, “A dream is hanging on the leg of a bird (and in another narration on the wing of the bird) as soon as it is interpreted, it happens as it was interpreted.â€

So some scholars say that if you take your dream to a scholar, it would happen as it is interpreted by him so that’s why you must take it to a person who has knowledge about dream interpretation and or a person who would give you a sincere advice and not to the person who is envious so if the dream is interpreted it would happen as he interpreted. However, there is a difference of opinion regarding this issue.

The big question I reckon would be how do you know that the man you saw was the prophet (saws)?

Nobody living today knows what the Prophet (saws) looked like.

Muhammad (pbuh) was of a height a little above the average. He was of sturdy build with long muscular limbs and tapering fingers. The hair of his head was long and thick with some waves in them. His forehead was large and prominent, his eyelashes were long and thick, his nose was sloping, his mouth was somewhat large and his teeth were well set. His cheeks were spare and he had a pleasant smile. His eyes were large and black with a touch of brown. His beard was thick and at the time of his death, he had seventeen grey hairs in it. He had a thin line of fine hair over his neck and chest. He was fair of complexion and altogether was so handsome that Abu Bakr composed this couplet about him:

"As there is no darkness in the moonlit night so is Mustafa, the well-wisher, bright."

His gait was firm and he walked so fast that others found it difficult to keep pace with him. His face was genial but at times, when he was deep in thought, there there were long periods of silence, yet he always kept himself busy with something. He did not speak unnecessarily and what he said was always to the point and without any padding. At times he would make his meaning clear by slowly repeating what he had said. His laugh was mostly a smile. He kept his feelings under firm control - when annoyed, he would turn aside or keep silent, when pleased he would lower his eyes [Tirmidhi].

A few years ago, I listened to Dreams and Dream Interpretation by Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki and as I searched for the Hadiths he had used, I came across a post on another forum in which a member had quoted the Imam's entire lecture in writing. So here it is and some of the numberings answer your questions.

Jazak Allah khair for this very interesting information about dream interpretation. :sl:

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

JazakAllah for the article, sister Redeem.

Ibn Qutaybah ad-Dinawari ÑÃãå Çááå says in his book about dream interpretations, “There is nothing in which people deal with from the different sciences that is more obscure, delicate, exalted, noble, difficult and problematic than dreams because they are a type of revelation and type of Prophethood.â€

Dreams are a type of Prophethood: can somebody kindly explain this? JazakAllah.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah :sl: said “None of the portions of Prophethood is left except Al-Mubashirat (glad tidings)". The companions enquired, "What is Al-Mubashirat?" The Messenger of Allah replied, "Good dreams." [bukhari]

I wish I could tell you the exact meaning of "dreams are a type of prophethood", brother, but Allah knows best.

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah said “None of the portions of Prophethood is left except Al-Mubashirat (glad tidings)". The companions enquired, "What is Al-Mubashirat?" The Messenger of Allah replied, "Good dreams." [bukhari]

I wish I could tell you the exact meaning of "dreams are a type of prophethood", brother, but Allah knows best.

JazakAllah for the response, my dear sister.

Based on the hadith about true dreams being one of forty six parts of Prophethood, and also the one you just provided, I am inclined to believe that a true dream is not a type but a component of Prophethood.

And, like you said, my respected sister, Allah knows best.

Alhamdu lillaih Rabbil aalameen

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

Based on the hadith about true dreams being one of forty six parts of Prophethood, and also the one you just provided, I am inclined to believe that a true dream is not a type but a component of Prophethood.

True dreams......from a true believer.

Dreams are part of the unseen. Anyone can claim anything. So the big question should always be who had the dream.

If you see Sayidina Muhammad Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã in a dream you have seen him Indeed cause the Shaytaan cannout take his Image case closed it does not need conditions and explanations.

Abu Huraira (ra) narrates: The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Whoever has seen me in a dream, has in fact seen me, for Satan does not appear in my form" (Sahih Muslim, vol. 4 p 1225 no 5635)

The Important thing is that you can compare who you have seen as Saydina Muhammad :sl: to his Sifaat or physical appearance if you are lucky enough to remember every detail of the vision.

aakwrAllahwbHu

True dreams......from a true believer.

Dreams are part of the unseen. Anyone can claim anything. So the big question should always be who had the dream.

Are you saying, my respected sister, that the true dreams of a true believer are a type of prophethood? JazakAllah. :sl:

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

Are you saying, my respected sister, that the true dreams of a true believer are a type of prophethood? JazakAllah. :sl:

I don't know about prophethood, my dear brother. Prophet Muhammad (saws) was the last messenger and all revelations from Allah stopped with him.

All I know is what our prophet (saws) himself told us about dreams.

The only point of my concern was regarding the nature of dreams. A person can so easily lie about it. People can claim to see all sorts of things in a dream, even people who we think are "pious" Muslims. We have no way of knowing whether a person is speaking the truth or not. This is something that only Allah would know.

I had received an e-mail once. It claimed that a certain sheikh had a dream and that he saw Prophet Muhammad (saws).

Here is that e-mail:

Subject: DONT DELETE! IF YOUR A MUSLIM! PLEASE READ THIS!

This is true.From Madina Sheikh Ahmed has sent this news.On a Friday Sheikh Ahmed fell asleep reading the Quraan. Then he dreamt the Prophet Muhammed (saw) standing in front of him and saying that in one week seven thousand people died but not even one was a true Muslim. None did what Allah wanted.He also said now is a bad time. These days Wives dont look after their Husbands,Girls go round without being covered they do not respect parents or others,Rich do not look after the poor,they do not give gifts or money or do not give fulfil zakaat.he also said to Sheikh Ahmed make people understand to give zakaat,To do prayer and to keep fast. The day of judgement is near. When There is a single star in the sky,straight away the path of forgiveness will close. The writing in the Quraan will disappear (vanish). The Sun will lower itself with earth.The Prophet said whoever reads this news to someone else, " I WILL ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT MAKE HIM A PLACE IN PARADISE, AND IF SOMEONE DOES NOT BELIEVE THIS NEWS TO BE TRUE THEY WILL BE BANISHED FROM PARADISE" If a poor person gives out this news to other people his/her good wish will come true. Sheikh Ahmed said if this is not true then my death will be off a Non-Muslim.The Prophet said " KEEP FAST,DO PRAYERS,GIVE ZAKAAT AND GIVE KINDNESS TO THE POOR" Whoever Forwards This will get his/her reward in three days. One Person forward it to 40 people he had 8,000 thousand, take prophit in his buisness. One Person did not believe this news and his son died. One kept Saying he will forward it today,tomorrow but never forward this news he died as well.PLEASE DO NOT THINK THIS IS NOT TRUE. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE!------------------------------------------

It's obvious respected brothers and sisters... That this Sheikh Ahmed is a fake. I don't believe a word he says.

The point of the Matter is that if someone says he saw Sayidina Muhammad PBUH in a dream we dont start doubting him/her if he is an honest Muslim or Muslimah.

The manhaj of doubting people has been introduced by holier than thou self righteous muslims who think they are the only ones who are correct and everything else is wrong , and that is not how Islam works at all.

Sis PiP

Even if Shiekh Ahmed is fake and the email is a hoax what is said in that mail 3/4 of it is almost correct :sl: .

Even if Shiekh Ahmed is fake and the email is a hoax what is said in that mail 3/4 of it is almost correct :sl: .

3/4 of it is correct? Really?

Let's find out by examining this e-mail. First of all, who is Sheikh Ahmed? The next question is - how do we know that he really had this dream? People always try to stress upon the truth of the story and yet they are unable to say where the story came from. What is the source of this story? Is it a reliable source? If all this was really true, then the Sheikh's address and contact information should have been given....so that we muslims can personally verify and confirm the truthfulness of this story. But there's no such contact information, is there?

Next, let's consider the content! And it is all utter rubbish! Yes, Friday is a blessed day. But you can't say that this story is true because the sheikh had a dream on this day. Yes, perhaps we are living in the End Times. Some of the signs pertaining to the Last Day or Hour have already made themselves clear. Yes, we already know that there are many Muslims who are not practising their religion the way they are supposed to. There are women who do disobey their husbands, girls who do not cover themselves and people who do not give the zakat. But this has always been the case.

I have a big problem with this line: "The Prophet said whoever reads this news to someone else, " I WILL ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT MAKE HIM A PLACE IN PARADISE, AND IF SOMEONE DOES NOT BELIEVE THIS NEWS TO BE TRUE THEY WILL BE BANISHED FROM PARADISE".

So now, here is a way made by Sheikh Ahmed for us to secure a place in Paradise. And all we have to do is believe everything that is stated in the email, and spread the news?! This sounds good to you? :sl: And if we refuse to believe this good news we shall be banished from Paradise?!!! What crap!!

Well folks, we need to remember a very important hadith:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As (ra), Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "Convey on my behalf even if it is only a verse of the Qur'an, relate traditions from Banu israel, and there is no restriction on that; but he who deliberately attributes to me something false let him have his abode in Hell." - Al-Bukhari.-

I wonder if you realize how serious this is? The person who has forwarded this e-mail, if it contains any false information - and if something false is attributed to our Rasul (saws) - he or she will have his abode in HELL.

Here are the rest of the lines which have utterly no basis or support! There is not one shred of evidence to show that these words are from the Prophet (saws)! Are we to believe what the Prophet (saws) said in a DREAM to someone (who we don't even know is real)?!!!

LINE 1:

"....If a poor person gives out this news to other people his/her good wish will come true. Sheikh Ahmed said if this is not true then my death will be off a Non-Muslim."

LINE 2:

The Prophet said " KEEP FAST,DO PRAYERS,GIVE ZAKAAT AND GIVE KINDNESS TO THE POOR" Whoever Forwards This will get his/her reward in three days.

LINE 3:

One Person forward it to 40 people he had 8,000 thousand, take prophit in his buisness. One Person did not believe this news and his son died. One kept Saying he will forward it today,tomorrow but never forward this news he died as well."

The writer of this e-mail is very bad in his English as well. By now, isn't it clear that this e-mail by crafted by Satan and his comrades?!

This e-mail says - one person did not believe this news and because of his disbelief his son died! And another person said he would forward the email but kept postponing it and then he died as well! But isn't it strange that this e-mail does not say WHO those people are?! What are the names of the people who died because they didn't believe this message?!!

Yes, as Muslims we are supposed to fast, give zakat and do our prayers. And we are to strive to do so. It is a life-long struggle. But most certainly, we won't be admitted to Paradise or be banished from it just because we forwarded or failed to forward an e-mail!!

There is no doubt that the person who created this e-mail will have his place in Hell. But what worries me is the number of people who would believe the e-mail and forward it to others! They would actually be participating in spreading falsehood. And surely one ought to fear Allah regarding this matter. Audhu billahi mina shaytaanir rajeem!

Lastly, I feel compelled to set the record straight here:

The manhaj of doubting people has been introduced by holier than thou self righteous muslims who think they are the only ones who are correct and everything else is wrong , and that is not how Islam works at all.

Where there is no reason to doubt, I will not cast doubt. But where there is reason, I most CERTAINLY will!

The way Islam works is that we as Muslims are obligated to investigate the source of all information before we place our belief in it. We are not to follow ANYTHING that is false or even give support to it. Islam is about upholding the truth and opposing falsehood. To not cast doubt upon people who fail to provide their contact information or who are unable to provide the source of their information would be a crime.

My duty has been to convey the warning and to remind Muslims not to follow in the footsteps of Satan. That being done, I have nothing more to say or clarify. And Allah is the best to judge. Alhamdulillahir Rabbil Al Ameen.

Edited by Peace Is Power

Anyone who believes themselves to have the ability to foresee the future, having the power to "determine" whether people will be blessed or die if they do not do something as absurd as forwarding an email, should not be followed.

aakwrAllahwbHu

I don't know about prophethood, my dear brother. Prophet Muhammad (saws) was the last messenger and all revelations from Allah stopped with him.

JazakAllah, my noble sister.

The only point of my concern was regarding the nature of dreams. A person can so easily lie about it. People can claim to see all sorts of things in a dream, even people who we think are "pious" Muslims. We have no way of knowing whether a person is speaking the truth or not. This is something that only Allah would know.

I agree with you, my dear sister. One could easily lie about seeing the Prophet (sAahwaah) in a dream, or lie about what he or she actually saw in a dream. Equally dangerous can be someone claiming a dream on behalf of someone else.

All I know is what our prophet (saws) himself told us about dreams.

As for the tradition that talks about seeing him (sAahwaah) in a dream, I believe that it is open to multiple valid interpretations. Then, if someone claims to have seen the Prophet (sAahwaah) in a dream, and there is nothing out of the ordinary about what one saw, I will incline towards neither testifying in its favor nor against it, inshallah. And Allah Alone knows the truth of all things.

I had received an e-mail once. It claimed that a certain sheikh had a dream and that he saw Prophet Muhammad (saws).

While there is some good advice in that email, the rest of it looks weird to me. :sl:

And Allah Alone knows the truth of all things.

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen

aakwrAllahwbHu

I agree with you, my dear sister. One could easily lie about seeing the Prophet (sAahwaah) in a dream, or lie about what he or she actually saw in a dream. Equally dangerous can be someone claiming a dream on behalf of someone else.

Or one could simply be mistaken about a part or whole of it.

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen

Sister PiP Yes 3/4 of the Email is correct , i already said even if the dream is a hoax and Shiekh Ahmed does not exist its still has a lot of facts to it.

If we examine the opening lines we can see that what is said about husband and wives of today is true and that most muslims are non practicing

None did what Allah wanted.He also said now is a bad time. These days Wives dont look after their Husbands,Girls go round without being covered they do not respect parents or others,Rich do not look after the poor,they do not give gifts or money or do not give fulfil zakaat.he also said to Sheikh Ahmed make people understand to give zakaat,To do prayer and to keep fast.

No one is hitting anyone on there hands to believe this particular email i myself never believed that particular email, but to deny the concept that Saaliheen pious people can have visions about the present continuous state of the ummah or even future( as in Ilhaam and not Ghayb) happenings is denying the Karamaat of the Awliyaa and Saaliheen who according to shiekh Al Islam Ibn taymiyyah could have walked on water or flown in the sky ( You can have the reference if you like).

:sl: shukran

As for the tradition that talks about seeing him (sAahwaah) in a dream, I believe that it is open to multiple valid interpretations. Then, if someone claims to have seen the Prophet (sAahwaah) in a dream, and there is nothing out of the ordinary about what one saw, I will incline towards neither testifying in its favor nor against it, inshallah. And Allah Alone knows the truth of all things.

Assalaamu alaykum, respected brother.

Narrated Anas رضي الله عنه the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, “Whoever has seen me in a dream, then no doubt, he has seen me, for Satan cannot imitate my shape. [sahih al-Bukhari]

Evidently, when the Prophet (saws) said these words, he was speaking to Anas. And Anas was looking at the Prophet (saws). So if we look at it that way, it seems that the Prophet (saws) is talking about and referring to people who have already seen him and know what he looks like. If any of the companions were to see a dream and they saw the Prophet (saws) in it, there would be no mistake about who he was. It would be in reality the Prophet (saws) himself since Satan cannot come in his form. That's the way I look at it. The face is a person's identity and if we cannot see the face, how can we know for sure who we saw? We can't be. If so, then I just prefer to leave such matters alone and not speculate about them. I would react in the same way as you stated above, neither inclining towards it nor against it, provided of course that the person narrating the dream is an honest Muslim or a true believer.

Edited by Peace Is Power

Sister PiP Yes 3/4 of the Email is correct , i already said even if the dream is a hoax and Shiekh Ahmed does not exist its still has a lot of facts to it.

I would rather get my facts from a source that I can verify to be 100% true.

No one is hitting anyone on there hands to believe this particular email i myself never believed that particular email, but to deny the concept that Saaliheen pious people can have visions about the present continuous state of the ummah or even future( as in Ilhaam and not Ghayb) happenings is denying the Karamaat of the Awliyaa and Saaliheen who according to shiekh Al Islam Ibn taymiyyah could have walked on water or flown in the sky ( You can have the reference if you like).

I was not aware that I was denying such a concept. I wonder what made you say that. :sl:

Edited by Peace Is Power

Anyone who believes themselves to have the ability to foresee the future, having the power to "determine" whether people will be blessed or die if they do not do something as absurd as forwarding an email, should not be followed.

Jazak Allah khair, sister for speaking the truth.

I was not aware that I was denying such a concept. I wonder what made you say that.

I was speaking in general terms sister , the Concept of Ruya especially in the case of saaliheen is valid In Islam.

Yes, please. I'm curious. What are your references?

Another question, if you don't mind me asking. How do you determine who the saaliheen and awliyaa are? I would also like more information on this karamaat of the awliyaa.

Edited by Peace Is Power

aakwrAllahwbHu

Hey again, my dear sister.

Narrated Anas ÑÖí Çááå Úäå the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, “Whoever has seen me in a dream, then no doubt, he has seen me, for Satan cannot imitate my shape. [sahih al-Bukhari]

Evidently, when the Prophet (saws) said these words, he was speaking to Anas. And Anas was looking at the Prophet (saws). So if we look at it that way, it seems that the Prophet (saws) is talking about and referring to people who have already seen him and know what he looks like. If any of the companions were to see a dream and they saw the Prophet (saws) in it, there would be no mistake about who he was. It would be in reality the Prophet (saws) himself since Satan cannot come in his form. That's the way I look at it. The face is a person's identity and if we cannot see the face, how can we know for sure who we saw? We can't be. If so, then I just prefer to leave such matters alone and not speculate about them. I would react in the same way as you stated above, neither inclining towards it nor against it, provided of course that the person narrating the dream is an honest Muslim or a true believer.

Yes, that the Prophet (sAahwaah) was addressing his companions (rAah) is, I believe, a valid interpretation. JazakAllah again for your insight. :sl:

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aaalmeen.

Yes, please. I'm curious. What are your references?

Another question, if you don't mind me asking. How do you determine who the saaliheen and awliyaa are? I would also like more information on this karamaat of the awliyaa.

I thought you would not ask :sl: glad you did sister.

This is Taken from Ibn Taymiyyahs Majmoo' fataawa chapter 10 category of the Great Wali Abdulqadir Jaylani r.a. .

ãÌãæÚ ÃÊÇæì ÇÈä ÊíãíÉ

ÇáãÌáà ÇáÚÇÔÑ

( 205 ãä 645 )

ÇáÓÇÈÞ ÇáÂíÇÊ ÇáÞÑÂäíÉ ÇáÃåÑÓ ÇáÊÇáí

ÃóÕúÜÜÜá

ÃÃãÑ ÇáÔíÎ ÚÈà ÇáÞÇÃÑ æÔíÎå ÃãÇà ÇáÃÈÇÓ æÛíÑåãÇ ãä ÇáãÔÇÆÎ Ãåá ÇáÇÓÊÞÇãÉ Ãœ ÑÖí Çááøå Úäåã Üþ:þ ÈÃäå áÇ íÑíà ÇáÓÇáß ãÑÇÃðÇ ÞØ¡ æÃäå áÇ íÑíà ãÚ ÅÑÇÃÉ Çááøå Ãœ ÚÒ æÌá Ãœ ÓæÇåÇ¡ Èá íÌÑì ÃÚáå Ãíå¡ Ãíßæä åæ ãÑÇà ÇáÃÞ¡ ÅäãÇ ÞÕÃæÇ Èå ÃíãÇ áã íÚáã ÇáÚÈà ÃãÑ Çááøå æÑÓæáå Ãíå¡ ÃÃãÇ ãÇ Úáã Ãä Çááøå ÃãÑ Èå ÃÚáíå Ãä íÑíÃÃ¥ æíÚãá Èå¡ æÞà ÕÑÃæÇ ÈÃáß Ãí ÛíÑ ãæÖÚþ.þ æÅä င ÛíÑåã ãä ÇáÛÇáØíä íÑí ÇáÞíÇã ÈÇáÅÑÇÃÉ ÇáÎáÞíÉ åæ ÇáßãÇá¡ æåæ ÇáÃäÇà Ãí ÊæÃíà ÇáÑÈæÈíÉ¡ æÃä ÇáÓáæß Ã…ÃÇ ÇäÊåì Åáì Ã¥ÃÇ ÇáÃá ÃÕÇÃÈå Ã…ÃÇ ÞÇã ÈÇáÃãÑ ÃáÃÌá ÛíÑå¡ Ãæ Ãäå áÇ íÃÊÇÌ Ãä íÞæã ÈÇáÃãÑ¡ ÃÊáß ÃÞæÇá æØÑÇÆÞ ÃÇÓÃÉ Þà Êßáã ÚáíåÇ Ãí ÛíÑ Ã¥ÃÇ ÇáãæÖÚþ.þ

ÃÃãÇ ÇáãÓÊÞíãæä ãä ÇáÓÇáßíä ßÌãåæÑ ãÔÇÆÎ ÇáÓáá ãËá ÇáÃÖíá Èä ÚíÇÖ¡ æÅÈÑÇåíã Èä ÃÃåã¡ æÃÈí ÓáíãÇä ÇáÃÇÑÇäí æãÚÑæà / ÇáßÑÎí¡ æÇáÓÑí ÇáÓÞØí¡ æÇáÌäíà ÇÈä ãÃãá æÛíÑåã ãä ÇáãÊÞÃãíä æãËá ÇáÔíÎ ÚÈà ÇáÞÇÃÑ¡ æÇáÔíÎ ÃãÇá æÇáÔíÎ ÃÈí ÇáÈíÇä¡ æÛíÑåã ãä ÇáãÊÃÎÑíä¡ Ãåã áÇ íÓæÛæä ááãÓÇáß æáæ ØÇÑ Ãí ÇáåæÇà Ãæ ãÔì Úáì ÇáãÇà Ãä íÎÑÌ Úä ÇáÃãÑ æÇáäåí ÇáÔÑÚííä Èá Úáíå Ãä íÃÚá ÇáãÃãæÑ¡ æíÃÚ ÇáãÃÙæÑ Åáì Ãä íãæÊ¡ æåÃÇ åæ ÇáÃÞ ÇáÃí Ãá Úáíå ÇáßÊÇÈ æÇáÓäÉ æÅÌãÇÚ ÇáÓáÃþ.þ

æåÃÇ ßËíÑ Ãí ßáÇãåãþ:þ ßÞæá ÇáÔíÎ ÚÈà ÇáÞÇÃÑ Ãí ßÊÇÈ þ[þÃÊæà ÇáÛíÈþ]þþ:þ þ[þÇÎÑÌ ãä äÃÓß¡ æÊäà ÚäåÇ¡ æÇäÚÒá Úä ãáßß¡ æÓáã Çáßá Åáì Çááøå ÊÈÇÑß æÊÚÇáì¡ æßä ÈæÇÈå Úáí ÈÇÈ ÞáÈß¡ æÇãÊËá ÃãÑå ÊÈÇÑß æÊÚÇáì Ãí Ã…ÃÎÇá ãä íÃãÑß ÈÅÃÎÇáå¡ æÇäÊå äåíå Ãí Õà ãä íÃãÑß ÈÕÃå¡ ÃáÇ ÊÃÎá Çáåæì ÞáÈß ÈÚà Ãä ÎÑÌ ãäå¡ æÅÎÑÇÌ Çáåæì ãä ÇáÞáÈ ÈãÎÇáÃÊå æÊÑß ãÊÇÈÚÊå Ãí ÇáÃÃæÇá ßáåÇ¡ æÅÃÎÇáå Ãí ÇáÞáÈ ÈãÊÇÈÚÊå æãæÇÃÞÊå¡ ÃáÇ ÊÑà ÅÑÇÃÉ ÛíÑ ÅÑÇÃÊå ÊÈÇÑß æÊÚÇáì¡ æÛíÑ Ãáß ãäß ÛíÑ¡ æåæ æÇà ÇáÃãÞì¡ æÃíå ÃÊÃß æåáÇßß æÓÞæØß ãä Úíäå ÊÈÇÑß æÊÚÇáì¡ æÃÌÇÈß Úäåþ.þ

Here are ibn Taymiyyahs words, ( I took the translation of the Shaahid of our ongoing discussion :

In the Arabic you will clearly see he uses the term Radiyallahu anhum for these Saaliheen, a term that some scholars today will tell you is to be used only for the sahaaba which obviously is wrong.

"

Quote:

as for those who were firmly upon the Straight Path from amongst those who traversed the path (al-mustaqeemeen min as-saalikeen) such as the majority of the shaykhs of the Salaf such as Fudayl bin Ayaadh, Ibraheem bin Adham, Abu Sulaymaan ad-Daaraanee, Ma`roof al-Kharkee, as-Siri as-Saqatee, al-Junaid bin Muhammad( Al Baghdadi), and others. Also such as Abdul Qaadir, Shaykh Hammaad, Shaikh Abu al-Bayaan and others from the later scholars then all of these did not allow the one traversing the path to depart from the commands and prohibitions of the Sharee`ah even if he were to walk on water or fly in the air! Rather they impressed upon him the importance of leaving off all the prohibited matters until the time of his death. This is the truth which is proven by the Book, the Sunnah and the consensus of the Salaf."

Now all those names mentioned are considered by Ahlus sunnah as Awliyaa and Saaliheen .

We normal people cannot determine who Saalheen are immediately but they can be known and found and they dont have to be wearing a cloak or a turban , it can be a guy selling something to you on the street or a normal practicing muslim but they can be found at all times and places.

over to you sister.