Islamic Forum
gracie

Is Jesus God?

I don't think they are trying to prove something to you from a Christian perspective, but rather they wish to prove the plausibility of their own views.

True, but if your trying to prove to someone that something is wrong you have to argue on their terms, you can't haul the Koran into a is Jesus God conversation if your whole point is to prove to Christians that Jesus isn't God. Paul for example preached to the Jews using the OT, he argued on their terms.

It is of course possible that they are seeking to assure themselves of their own views however.

Why is that? Did you mean proving something to Christians or Muslims?

I mean Muslims proving something to Christians.

The old adage that "Jesus never claimed to be God" is really inaccurate and not at all useful, since He certainly does, whether implicitly or explicitly. Paul's letters and the Apocalypse of St. John bear this out in a very explicit no-nonsense fashion.

PropellerAds
True, but if your trying to prove to someone that something is wrong you have to argue on their terms, you can't haul the Koran into a is Jesus God conversation if your whole point is to prove to Christians that Jesus isn't God. Paul for example preached to the Jews using the OT, he argued on their terms.

It is of course possible that they are seeking to assure themselves of their own views however.

I think it is more a matter of assuring those who may find themselves interested in Islam but coming from a Christian background. Besides, it is a legitimate question even for a Christian confident in their beliefs whether or not other parts of the New Testament can be harmonized with the Gospels and whether the interpretations necessary to accomplish this are more plausible than the explanations Muslims can produce. This probably won't convince committed Christians, but it again feeds into the decision process for those who may be wavering between the two religions.

I mean Muslims proving something to Christians.

The old adage that "Jesus never claimed to be God" is really inaccurate and not at all useful, since He certainly does, whether implicitly or explicitly. Paul's letters and the Apocalypse of St. John bear this out in a very explicit no-nonsense fashion.

You'll get no argument from me on this comment

Edited by BurningLight