Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. J

Sayings Of Jesus You Might Like

My fav Jesus quote is that

"It is easier to see the splinter in the eye of your brother then log in your own"

(we also have this quote from jesus in some Islamic books)

Something that is always encouraged but never really acted upon as people always pick on the small (and mostly) irrelevant issues in other people rather then sort out fundamentals in their own life.

what was your fav amongst the quotes? both jesus and mohammed (peace be upon them)

PropellerAds

I like 2 of them:

“Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do – blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get. But when you give to someone in need, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.â€

Matthew 6:1-4

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.â€

Matthew 6:19-21

Hi Ala'adin and White Horse!

Great selections!!!

Mmmh. I really like "Your faith is not complete until you love one another," and

“A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the one who contains himself when he is angry.†[ Muslim]

This is true not just of anger, but other emotions too.

“When something weighs on your conscience, give it up.†[ Trimidhi]

“Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well and that if they do wrong you will do wrong. But (instead) accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong if they do evil.†[Trimidhi]

I love all of Jesus' teachings but I really like his response when he was asked what the greatest commandment was:

"Hear O israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is One. Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.'" Mark 12:28-31

I love his teachings about mercy, forgiveness, faith, trusting in God and also the two I posted about the joy that erupts in heaven when a new believer is won. The one about the sanctimonious Pharisee and the tax collector also touches me.

Hi samantha! wassup? for a christian like you to have so much interest in Islam is... alarming... LOL. :sl: :sl: anyway, i hope you find what you're looking for... the TRUTH.