Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Esra

Gajar (carrot) Halwa?

:D

to the sisters coming from India or Pakistan.... would u be kind enough to tell me how to make Gajar ka halwa.... :D

:D in advance.......

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

PropellerAds

Although im a Male...Im doing this so that after preparing you can send me some... im alone and i eat once in a day... coz i hate cooking food... so i eat once a day...and Meetha forget abt it... i think i ate gajar ka halwa some 5 or 6 years back.....

this is from my recipe book which my mom gave to me... thinking i will cook... but may Allah forgive i hate cooking....

Ingredients:

Grated carrot 1 kg

Milk 1 litre

Whole dried milk (mawa) 200 grams

Sugar 2 cups

Ghee 2 tbsp.

Dry fruits (sliced almond and cashew nuts, raisin ) 1/2 cup

Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp.

Method:

1. Put milk and grated carrots in a heavy base kadhai / deep saucepan and bring it to boil. Cook over medium heat until all the milk gets dried up. You should stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.

2. Add sugar, cardamom powder, 1/4 cup dry fruits and continuously stir for 5-7 minutes.

3. Add ghee and mawa. Stir well and fry on low heat until ghee starts separating.

4. Decorate with remaining dry fruits and serve hot. (Optional- decorate with silver leaf)

5. Add lemon juice and paneer pieces. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces gets properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.

Walaikom salaam brother,

Mashallah!! (w00t) well looking in a cooking book for a male must be some hard work!!! but u did it!!!

Thanks a lot brother..... much appreciated! i will send u some when i cook....don't send it back if it didn't taste good :D

:D once again....

Mmm... Gajar Halwa!! :D

Here's another one if u still would like it!

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.recipezaar(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/20175"]Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa) Recipe[/url]