Islamic Forum
RAHIMI

Egypt Is Free!

PropellerAds

Also known as birthplace of Chemistry; hopefully they have elections soon and turn a new chapter in their history.

Egypt will not be free until its governing system turns into an Islamic one where the Shariah of Allah is implemented. Mubarak is gone Alhumdulillah but whats the point if its only going to be taken over by some secular person and a secular non-Islamic system.

Egypt will not be free until its governing system turns into an Islamic one where the Shariah of Allah is implemented. Mubarak is gone Alhumdulillah but whats the point if its only going to be taken over by some secular person and a secular non-Islamic system.

Have patient br..one step at a time one step at a time..those secularist and zionists can plot and plan all they want but Allah is the best of planners..

True .. I hear a lot about secular Egypt now .. which wan't heard much during mubarak !!!!

As an outsider who's only contact with Egypt is to enjoy the occaisional holiday there I ask;

Would you prefer Moubarak's Egypt to a democratic Egypt where the moslem brotherhood is free to try to perswade the rest of Egypt to follow Sharia?

As an outsider who's only contact with Egypt is to enjoy the occaisional holiday there I ask;

Would you prefer Moubarak's Egypt to a democratic Egypt where the moslem brotherhood is free to try to perswade the rest of Egypt to follow Sharia?

Anyone who enforces Shari'ah is preferable to the one who does not.

Salam.

Removing a single person has little effect on a regimes rule, but the protests do trigger a chain of thoughts in the minds of people maybe one day a real revolution will happen.

But that's not the choice.

Between secular Islam friendly dictatorship and democracy what is your preferance?

Your making the assumption that a democracy won't be 'Islam friendly'.

Turkey is a democracy and the military needs to keep forcing the (democratically elected) ruling party from turning Turkey into an Islamic state.

Egypt is 95% Muslim, and their most established opposition group (The Muslim Brotherhood) is committed to making an Islamic state through democracy.

I'm not sure if Egypt will swing in a religious direction, but the idea that democracy=secular is foolish.

No. That's the point. Democracy can be Islamic if the people wish it.

So would you prefer that the Egyptians had the chance to choose to be or not to be under Sharia law and to keep making that choice every 4(?) years?

Or to have a dictatorship and 50% Islamic law?

So would you prefer that the Egyptians had the chance to choose to be or not to be under Sharia law and to keep making that choice every 4(?) years?

Tim, I think you are missing the point. The points is, Egyptians do not have any other choice. What they had for the few decades was just a corrupt puppet regime who served only themselves and ruled for the interest of others instead of Egyptians. This is also true for America and Europe but somewhat blurry but it is clear as day for all to see in certain Arab nations. These regime are not serving the people that they rule but instead oppressed and marginised them while serving foreign interests. What option do you those people have?

Democracy cannot be Islamic. An Islamic state is not a democratic state. You're making the assumption that Egyptians won't elect people who eventually will take away their right to vote.

Sharia law does not give you a choice to remove the law every four years--that isn't Sharia law. Your A or B question doesn't make sense.

OK I will try to refraise the question;

If the choice is not what you would wish in the ideal case(Sharia law for you) would you consider democracy with freedom to live your own life as you wish better or worse than dictatorship?

Also why is Islam incompatable with democratic goverance? The law is not changed on election night it's just the government who run the place and write new laws.

^^Tim in a Democracy the parliament changes laws correct? They are the peoples representatives and they have the power to change laws. So the power belongs to the people. But in Islam the power belongs to Allah. We implement His laws and NO ONE is allowed to change them. Not even the leader. Thats one difference I guess. One can look deeply in this subject if they wish to learn more I guess.

As for voting to elect a leader then I don't think voting is not allowed. So perhaps that can be done. But it'll be hard for the candidates to run election campaigns as in Islam we don't give power to people who ask for it :sl:

The laws of Islam are going to be hard pressed to deal with the modern world.

This reasonable as how would the society of Muhamed been able to cope with laws govening the degree of ownership of interlectual property?

If Egypt is to be soverign then it has to have some sort of goervance that will be able to answer such questions.

If Monsanto (a Bio-science corperation) breeds a new form of rice which gives 50% more yeald per hectaire to what extent will Monsanto be allowed to own this as interlectual property? Will farmers be allowed to ues the Monsanto crop to breed their own?

How much should the charges be on the Suez cannal?

How much should the taxation level be?

If somebody recieves a photo on their phone of a naked lady have they committed a crime?

If a company unwittingly transmitts the photo have they committed a crime?

If the lady was photographed without her knowlege has she comitted a crime?

If the lady was photographed with her knowlege but it was for just her and her husband has a crime been comitted?

If the photo was for medical purposes has a crime been comitted?

Does the Quoran have all explicit answers for these questions? If so Mohamed was indeed informed by God.

If not then you are going to need a government which can write new laws for the changing world.

Of course the scholars and the government makes laws like that with the evolving technology, etc but I was referring to laws that are already revealed in the Quran. In a democracy the government can change the law. What you said above is not changing any laws revealed in Islam, its just adding new laws for different situations and times which do not go against Islam.

So you will need a law making body.

If that body wishes to restrict itself as to what laws it will change then so be it but you still need a government.

If you are not going to choose the government democratically how do you suggest you do it?

If somebody recieves a photo on their phone of a naked lady have they committed a crime?

If a company unwittingly transmitts the photo have they committed a crime?

If the lady was photographed without her knowlege has she comitted a crime?

If the lady was photographed with her knowlege but it was for just her and her husband has a crime been comitted.

All of these are answered with a single Hadith that begins, "Actions are judged by motives and each person will have what he intended."

As for economic decisions, it is permissible for man to choose how he conducts business provided that it does not break any Islamic laws. The point is not that every little matter has been mentioned by name. For example, how to deal with cyber theft is not mentioned in the Qur'an. But theft in general is. There are also examples of how the prophet and the Caliphs dealt with issues we might face, which we can look toward for guidance. They might not have had the Suez canal, but they had resources or land that they sold/allowed people to pass through in specified manner.

The laws that are explicitly stated, however, cannot be changed. And those that are created (such as laws regarding technology) should not be contradictory to Islam.

As for choosing leaders, Islam is not a dictatorship. But there should be a Caliph who runs the Islamic State and that person is elected. By who exactly, I'm not sure at this point.

Salam.

^

The Caliph can be elected and still be a Caliph. But has he to go back to the electorate every so often to keep the post?

How do you judge interlectual property rights?

Is it a crime to sell a copy of a song without paying the writer of the song for that?

So you will need a law making body.

If that body wishes to restrict itself as to what laws it will change then so be it but you still need a government.

If you are not going to choose the government democratically how do you suggest you do it?

I'm not too sure what your reading here! When did I argue against having a 'government'? I'm arguing against democracy.

Choosing Caliphs can be done in different ways. Like the First four Caliphs did. 1st was appointed by the Prophet(saw). 2nd was appointed by the 1st. 3rd was appointed by a council of 6, etc..