Islamic Forum
Mrs. J

Why I Would Rather Die For Jesus Than Convert

My comment is this: Unless we are "dealing our bread to the hungry", ..."bringing the poor who are cast out to our houses",... or "covering the naked",... (there are many other things that can be done in service to the less fortunate) we had better be very weary of our ceremonies of contrition like fasting, bowing down on our knees, etc.

That is a very good standard to measure one's submission to God. I can imagine the world would be a much better place if this was the measure people used for evaluating their faith instead of the bigotry, aggression, and distrust that seems to define the practice of so many who claim to follow God.

PropellerAds

I'm a revert so I can totally understand were u come from

there are surely many muslims who dislike a few aspects of Islam but still accept it

But what I see is, Mohammed pbuh was the last prophet who was send to us and that happened for a reason, God send him because he was not happy what mankind made out of christianity so he send Mohamed to establish Islam

Just the fact that he was the last prophet on earth gives me peace of heart that it is the right religion to follow and I can do that with full peace of heart

I too, like many Christians, am not happy about "what mankind made out of Christianity". This, however, has not caused me to look for another prophet, after God Himself (manifested as the "Son") told me that "It is Finished".

I too, like many Christians, am not happy about "what mankind made out of Christianity". This, however, has not caused me to look for another prophet, after God Himself (manifested as the "Son") told me that "It is Finished".

How are you certain what you have is worth dying for and not "what mankind made out of Christianity"?

Response to SaracenSoldier, dated Feb 21, 2011, regarding the comment "Difference is only in the details and laws which were changed by God for different times."

The change in the "details and the Laws" had to be a result of man's input, as Quran 35.43 tells us, "and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah."

What I meant by that is that some of the things were allowed before but not now and some could be vice versa. Alcohol might have been allowed before but it was banned in the final message. Punishment for a sin might be different before than now like stealing for example. The verse you have quoted I am sure has been taken out of context by you.

43. (They took to flight because of their) arrogance in the land and their plotting of evil. But the evil plot encompasses only him who makes it. Then, can they expect anything (else), but the Sunnah (way of dealing) of the peoples of old? So no change will you find in Allah's Sunnah (way of dealing), and no turning off will you find in Allah's Sunnah (way of dealing).

What I meant by that is that some of the things were allowed before but not now and some could be vice versa. Alcohol might have been allowed before but it was banned in the final message. Punishment for a sin might be different before than now like stealing for example. The verse you have quoted I am sure has been taken out of context by you.

You are right, that does seem to have a slightly different context than what stillsmallvoice seems to be implying. Besides, Christians don't follow the same laws as Jews either, so it is an accusation pointed at Christians as much as it is at Muslims.

In response to mrhyder, dated Feb 24, 2011, regarding how we show submittal to God:

I would simply like to post a scripture out of our common revelation through the Jews, spoken by Isaiah (a recognized prophet of God), regarding submission to God, for everyone's consideration:

Isah 58:5-11 "Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? Is it to bow down his head as a bulrush (note this), and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the Lord?.....

.....Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?.....Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?..."

My comment is this: Unless we are "dealing our bread to the hungry", ..."bringing the poor who are cast out to our houses",... or "covering the naked",... (there are many other things that can be done in service to the less fortunate) we had better be very weary of our ceremonies of contrition like fasting, bowing down on our knees, etc.

In Islam doing good deeds is also part of submission.