Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tim the plumber

Evidence/what Is "truth" And What Is True

Tim if you have any questions then create a thread so that we can discuss this topic but do not hijack this thread as it is meant just for Muslims.

OK. Here it is;

Evidence for an idea cannot be from the idea itself. So I can not say that I am the best plumber in the world and as evidence of that I will quote the book of plumbing written by Tim the plumber. I would have to somehow show external evidence for such a daft statement.

If the evidence of the existance/power of God comes from the book written by people who's power and income comes from the continuance of the religion of that book then this is only evidence of the self interest of that preisthood.

Something is true if it happened or will happen. This set of events cannot be owned by anyone, there is only one real world. "God's Truth" is a meaningless statement.

I can say that the universe is 13 odd billion years old because there is evidence to show that. I am admittedly taking on trust this fact as I personally did not find the evidence myself and as I am not Tim the Astrophysicist. I would find it hard to explain the full workings of the path of evidence gathering. I can have a high confidence in this idea because the scientists who found it have no interest in making it up and have lots of motivation for finding the correct answers. These answers are test-able. Their theories and predictions are relied upon to make Sat-Nav systems work. That is good enough for me.

PropellerAds

So... what is this all about?? sorry i just came into the discussion... lol. :sl: so what are you trying to say here tim? evidences that God exists? what? tell me...

So... what is this all about?? sorry i just came into the discussion... lol. :sl: so what are you trying to say here tim? evidences that God exists? what? tell me...

See below:

Do this and deepen your hypnotisim just that little bit more.

Why would the creator/master of all the universe with the hundred billion stars in this galaxy alone care that you said a little chant every day????

We have evidence from the Quran and the words of the prophet pbuh that Allah is ALL-Hearing, that nothing escapes His Hearing, that certain acts are pleasing to Him and that He cares very much about every single 'little chant' by every single human.

You on the other hand, have none and just saying things based on your conjectures..clear?

What Tim was saying, if there is a Creator that created billions of stars, He wouldn't care about the chants of tiny humans..My reply was along the line, Muslims do not blindly do this, it is based on evidences stated in the Quran and Hadiths whereas his saying was without evidence or basis but just based on his own conjecture..That's about it really..

oh i see... :sl: so Tim... you labled yourself as an "atheist" so what is your EVIDENCE that there is NO GOD?

what is your EVIDENCE that there is NO GOD?

If there was a God(who cared about individual humans in any way) surely he would have transmitted his message to all humans capable of recieving it. The same message in India as in America. Instead we have a history of lots of different religions believing in contradictory ideas of the divine.

The ancient Britions were Druids. They sacrificed people. That's committment! You and I will agree that they were worshiping the wrong Gods who did not exist.

The Quoran(sorry I cannot spell) has a theory of creation in it. Sorry I am not familure with it, but I will assume that it is the same as the Christian version in Genisis. This is a proovable wrong.

In science lots of beautiful theories are thought up. Almost all are wrong. These have to be thrown away. The theory of creation in the bible is a nice story. But wrong.

What have you in Islam that is more credable than the Hindu nonsence?

What have you in Islam that is more credable than the Hindu nonsence?

I appreciate that you asked me that Tim! Thats what exactly i want, that non muslims ask these kind of intellectual questions. actually, i could go on and on explaining that there is a God but for the sake of space and to simplify things, i will just going to refer a video link that you could find in youtube, the link is --> (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=5xKneLeF6_E&feature=player_embedded"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=5xKneLeF6_E...player_embedded[/url]

i think thats better and easier for you to watch a 6 min video than me explaining. lol. :sl:

im not here to argue. im here to explain and clarify things surrounding my faith.

Sorry mate. It's drivel. He has no clue about what he speaks.

His argument that beauty cannot be the result of an explosion for instance. Have you ever seen a photo of the crab nebulae? That is beautiful and chaotic and the result of a star exploding.

The beauty of the volcanic islands of the pacific. The order of a tornado from the chaos of the motion of air molecules......etc...

Weather or not the theory of the big bang is or is not correct in every detail is irrelevant to the idea that there is some higher being controling the universe and caring at all about individual people.

Theories must be prooved. If they fall appart under critical examination they fail. The theory of creation in the bible(is it the same in the Quoran?) is demostrable wrong. Easy to show that it is wrong. Not credable.

Sorry mate. It's drivel. He has no clue about what he speaks.

His argument that beauty cannot be the result of an explosion for instance. Have you ever seen a photo of the crab nebulae? That is beautiful and chaotic and the result of a star exploding.

Tim, he's not only talking about beauty but also about systems and orders. i.e chaos can never produce systems and order, Tornado going through junkyard and you have brand new mercedes with motor running..geddit? Chaos and random chance can never produce that..