Islamic Forum
italianguy

What If I Convert To Islam?

Strictly hypothetically speaking. What would i experience? I have been a Christian my whole life. I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.

What about my marriage?

What about my way of life?

What about my mission trips?

What about helping other Christians?

What about my business?

Would I lose most all my friends.

I have had more Muslims think that i am Muslim because of how i act, think, dress, look, (not to generalize) and just my knowledge of Islam and deffense of it lately.

I am a little affraid of this, and no one in the world, except you now, know i have been feeling this way (meaning wife and famiglia)

It has been waying heavy on my heart lately and..............

Any help is greatly appreciated.

May Allah bring upon all of you, peace and blessings.

PropellerAds
Strictly hypothetically speaking. What would i experience? I have been a Christian my whole life. I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.

What about my marriage?

What about my business?

I have had more Muslims think that i am Muslim because of how i act, think, dress, look, (not to generalize) and just my knowledge of Islam and deffense of it lately.

I am a little affraid of this, and no one in the world, except you now, know i have been feeling this way (meaning wife and famiglia)

Well, if you agree that there is only one GOD that is worthy of our worship and that we need to worship Him on His terms, then all the things that you mentioned above become irrelevant..

Salaam Italian guy;

Our life, spouses, children, buisnesses are all blessings from God. Somethings that we may have to sacrifice in the pursuit of God are tests. There's an ayah in The 2nd verse of Surah Ankabut or spider in which Allah adresses mankind and says do they think they will not be tested. Also in Surah 2 {And we will surely test you with some fear, hunger and shortages of property, people and produce. But give good tidings to the steadfast. Those who, when a calamity befalls them say: "We belong to Allah and to Him we return." Upon these are prayers from their Lord and mercy and these are the rightly-guided ones.}

Al-Baqarah: 155-157

By converting to Islam, no love is lost; you will find love and lots of great attributes which lead to living in peace and happiness. May Allah guide us all.

Edited by mrhyder

Grazie for reply! All would become irrelevant? Please explain.

Well the dos and the don't are clearly defined in Islam by Allah and His messenger Muhammad pbuh. I was jsut pointing out to the fact that if one truly believes in God and Islam is the truth, then obeying what God commands you to do takes precedent over everything else.

-I know of Muslims who stay married to their Christian wive although I do not know the actual ruling on this matter..

-You can continue doing what God allows you to do and have to stop what God prohibits you to do.

-Mission trip- No this would fall under lying, which is a major sin in Islam..

-Helping others- Islam encourages helping all people regardless of their belief as long as toward goodness..

-Business/Work Some works such as selling alcohol, immoral, illegal types of works are off limit..

-Lose friends: If they REALLY are your friends, you won't lose them..

Allah Knows best..

What about my marriage?

What about my business?

I don't think any of these will change .. only if you work in something that is not halal

and your family and friends should support you ! .. it will show you who are the real friends and family who care for you, because you are making a step that you want deep inside .. so the real ones will stand with you and still love you

I am sure it is a hard thing to do to change like that .. but I also think you can talk with converts .. if you want .. i can help you connect to converts from Europe :sl:

What about my marriage?

What about my business?

Sallam brother, let me see if I can answer your questions (insh'Allah).

1. It is possible your marriage may suffer and (Allah forbid) break down. The reverse is also possible.

2. Your way of life would drastically change if you choose to practice Islam.

3. Mission trips may involve more airport security

4. Helping your neighbors and people (irrespective of religion) is considered a blessed thing in Islam.

5. What kind of business do you have?

6. You may lose your friends but it is likely your real friends would find ways to stay with you.

Hope that helps!

I shall pray for you in my next prayers, may Allah bless you and guide you in the right path!

Kind regards,

Meinhaj Hussain

m.hussain[at]grandestrategy(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

PS: forgive me if I don't reply back, I don't come here frequently

Salaam Itlianguy,

I practiced Islam for a number of years. I can tell you what I experienced when I embraced the deen, as well as when I left.

Better something we discuss over pm.

In Christ,

Lux

I think he wants to know the answer from "muslims"

What about my marriage?

What about my business?

Converting to Islam should not be taken lightly. It requires you to make sacrifices for your deen. If you are truly convinced that Islam is the religion of God, then worldy things should not matter anymore.

Edited by Tolerance101

I have been a Christian my whole life. I know my family wouldn't be happy about a decision like this, but they would not disown me.

What about my marriage?

What about my business?

Hey there bro! Take it easy. Change doesn't happen overnight. Just focus on one thing right now. Sincerely ask God to help and guide you. If you get what you ask for, all your problems would dissolve into thin air. :sl:

Grazie for all of your amazing replies! Sorry it took me so long, apparently this sight doesn't email me with the responses, i did'nt think i had any?

I will respond soon with some more, again thank you!