Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JeffX

Recent Revert

Islam is something I've been thinking about for a good time. I was actually a teenager when I first got interested in it, but didn't know a way to gain more knowledge. Pre-internet era, or well not as wide spread as it is today. So my information on Islam came from church (bad idea) and watching the movie about Malcolm X (slightly better idea). I started seriously thinking about it back in 2007 after thinking about it for awhile then stopping. Over the last few years, I've had one setback after the other, and after my last fall, I decided that it's time to change. And that just maybe Allah was warning me that if I didn't get back on focus, I could get worse. Maybe not, but that's what I was thinking anyways. So I contacted my local Masjid and they had someone get back to me. I spoke with him and said my shahadah, and the following night I went to Masjid and prayed with my fellow brothers. I once again took my shahadah with the imam in front of everyone. I have to say the outgoing support and hospitality everyone showed me and has shown me has been great. I'm still getting used to everything and some things I still struggle with, mainly saying the arabic instead of english for salaah. My guide if you could call him that helped me with the pronunciations the last night I was there. I only wish I could go more often, but my work schedule keeps me from going as often.

PropellerAds

Salaam;

Thank you for sharing your story brother. It always makes my day reading, hearing and watching stories of reverts, Mashallah! Allah (swt) has guided you and I pray he keeps you strong on your deen. Ameen!

may Allah strenghthen your imaan.Islam is not at all difficult to follow .Allah is surely seeing ur efforts so keep trying

Allahu Akbar

Mash Allah we're glad to hear that you reverted to Allah swt and reverted to Islam .. Allah swt guides whom he wants Subhan Allah ..

Please don't hesitate to ask any question you may have about Islam or about anything , all your brothers and sisters here would be glad to help you ..

May Allah swt keep you on the right way , and help you in evry step in your life Ameen

Asslamu alykum