Islamic Forum
asifsabir

Please Help Me

Brothers and Sisters,

I wish to ask whether I should consult a doctor. As I forgot not only salat rather everything.

I have good long term memory but a serious short term memory loss.

I always forget things in the short term.

PropellerAds
Assalam alaikum

Here are some answers related to forgetting in prayers:

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/search2/forget%20in%.../AllWords/t,q,a

I hope it helps

Thanks. I am reading it..this is actually a clear cut answer to my query.

Brothers and Sisters,

I wish to ask whether I should consult a doctor. As I forgot not only salat rather everything.

I have good long term memory but a serious short term memory loss.

I always forget things in the short term.

I am not a doctor and I do not know you personally but the impression I get from you here is that you worry a lot. You know if we worry a lot and convince ourselves that we CANT do something then we won't be able to do it. You need to try have a more positive outlook and tell yourself you can do it. You can remember salah. You just need to work harder on your mentality. Allah didn't make salah hard for us only we can make it hard for ourselves by the type of thinking we do.

Edited by Lost_In_Paradise

Assalamualaikum brother, i hope my past experience can come to a help for you.

But the problem, i dont understand Arabic, I am reading the English version....however the english version is damn tough....i dont understand most of the things but i want understand each and every word of it.
neways i think i have to google each and every Ayah (s) to understand them....very very tough....

Brother, go to this website where it has a few translations with different wordings that might help you understand better: you are not allowed to post links yet quran . com <--

(Please remove the 'spaces' in between. I cannot post any links yet, i dont have 50 posts)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verily, Allah is not ashamed to set forth a parable even of a mosquito or so much more when it is bigger than it. "The believers believe in these parables, whether they involve large matters or small, because they know that they are the truth from their Lord, and Allah guides the believers by these parables.''

I will try to explain it to you the best i can, may Allah forgive for any mistakes.

"Verily, Allah is not ashamed to set forth a parable even of a mosquito"

Parable: A parable is a brief, succinct story, in prose or verse, that illustrates a moral or religious lesson

It means, Allah is not ashamed to teach you something, by giving an example of a small thing, for example, a mosquito. Like, how your parents might have thought you your ABCs using A for apple, B for ball and C for cat.

Allah does not need to give you examples of big and powerful things like the sun, galaxy etc. to make humans understand Him. Sometimes, even the simplest thing we are not capable of understanding, what more to say more complex things?

Have you ever wondered about a star known as 'R136a1', which shines with nearly 10 million times the brightness of the Sun? Is that enough or anywhere near to explain the power of Allah?

Have you ever wondered about atoms which are made of proton, neutron and electron, what is inside them? Is there anything smaller than an atom? Do we know about it?

34.png

"Verily, Allah is not ashamed to set forth a parable even of a mosquito or so much more when it is bigger (or less when it is smaller) than it. And as for those who believe, they know that it is the Truth from their Lord, but as for those who disbelieve, they say: "What did Allah intend by this parable?" By it He misleads many, and many He guides thereby. And He misleads thereby only those who are Al-Fasiqun (the rebellious, disobedient to Allah)." (Quran 2:26)

"but as for those who disbelieve, they say: "What did Allah intend by this parable?" By it He misleads many, and many He guides thereby. And He misleads thereby only those who are Al-Fasiqun (the rebellious, disobedient to Allah).""

Those who do NOT believe will not understand OR DENY the truth that Allah has told them through the parable.

And Allah misleads thereby ONLY those who are disobedient to Allah.

Try to understand the verse carefully,

• those who believe, they understand and become guided
  • those who disbelieve, they become misleaded

This is what i've come to understand of the verse. may Allah forgive for any mistakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i will perform them... but slowly, i cant take a lot of load together.....um already stressed up.......

I used to think, there are so many people in this world who are having worse problems than i have. some of them homeless, poor, handicapped etc. i used to be so afraid, what if i was put into such situations by Allah? (Allah please have mercy on me)

If i remember correctly, my mother told me that Allah never gives you something heaver than you can carry.

Allah knows us better than we know ourselves.

is there is any chance i can talk to an angel ?? i just want some mental relieve

"And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided." (Quran 2:186)

Brother, it is very important that we do not associate ANYONE with Allah. Nothing has it's own powers to do anything, leaves of trees will not move without the permission of Allah. I try to remember that always, and we should always seek Allah for help, mercy and forgiveness. Allah ALONE is the one we worship and seek help from.

I just want to ask, sometimes i forgot Surahs or mix it up with another Surah or read the wrong Surah in wrong part of time. When I realize i did a mistake i re read the correct one instead of repeating the whole salat.
This is I think mainly bcoz of lack of concentration.

Brother, i used to pray so fast, and i didnt even know what i was doing or saying in my prayers. If we think logically, why would we do something that we don't even understand/know the reason why we're doing it?

So it is very necessary to UNDERSTAND what we are actually doing in order to focus on our prayers. How can you focus when you do not know what you are saying? It's just like that.

Brother Absolute truth has sent you a very helpful link before about prayers and wudu.

• Takbirat Al-Ihram

Exclaiming, Allah is great in order to start the prayer.

I heard that we raise our hands till our ears because there was a time where idol worshipers used to pray along with Muslims because they were outnumbered or so i've heard, pretending to be Muslims, BUT they would keep small idols with them in their armpits. When it was known to the Muslims, they started raising their hands till the ears so that if anyone was actually carrying any idols in their armpits, it would fall. I do not know how factual it is, i do not have any sources other than the person who told me about this, but whenever i my hands, i try to think "Ya Allah, i have nothing on me, i am your believer and i do not associate you with anyone or anything"

• Isteftah Dua

"How perfect You are O Allah, and I praise You. Blessed be Your name, and lofty is Your position and none has the right to be worshiped except you"

• Opening Surah (Al-Fatihah)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)

You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

Guide us to the Straight Way

The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

• Another Surah (Al-'Ikhlas)

Say (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)): "He is Allah, (the) One.

Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).

He begets not, nor was He begotten;

And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.

• Ruku / Bowing

"Subhana Rabbiyal Azeem"

“Glory be to my Lord, the Almighty.â€

• While standing back up from ruku / bowing

"Sami Allahu liman hamidah"

Allah hears whoever praises Him"

"Rabbana lakal hamd"

"Our Lord, all praise is Yours"

Those are a few parts of the prayers, u can see how meaningful it is when we know the meaning. It became harder to me to lose focus during prayers when we mean what we say InshyaAllah. Alhamdulillah.

Anyway brother, i hope i could help. Forgive my mistakes, correct me if i'm wrong. May Allah forgive me for my mistakes.

BTW, [at] Sister Orthodox, I did not mean that as an offense or to be rude, I was just trying to give an honest advice as that's the advice I was given once by a very good brother. So I apologize if I offended you in anyway.

:sl: I don't take offense over minor stuff, from either. It's all alhamdulillah. Thanks for all the help. May Allah, azz wa jall, reward you all. I went for your advice a while back. I think now we're all in need of this advice.

Many thanks :sl: See you all here sometimes in future, inshAllah

Edited by Orthodox

I don't take offense over minor stuff, from either. It's all alhamdulillah. Thanks for all the help. May Allah, azz wa jall, reward you all. I went for your advice a while back. I think now we're all in need of this advice.

Many thanks See you all here sometimes in future, inshAllah

I am in need of that advice more than anyone to be honest. InshAllah look forward to more beneficial posts from you in the future. May Allah make us of those whom He(subhanahu watala) Loves. Ameen