Islamic Forum
ParadiseLost

France Bans Niqab/burqa

PropellerAds

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

is this the guy you're referring to?

Yes, that's the one. Many pro-Niqabis too condemn suicide bombings and animosoity, so highlighting some of what he said doesn't make him "moderate" as you wish to convey. Here's the incident:

Recently, one of the senior scholars of Egypt was invited to address a group of young female high-school students. His gaze fell on a girl who was wearing a face-veil (niqab). This annoyed the Shaykh and he proceeded to ask the supercilious girl to remove her veil. The girl refused to comply, claiming that it was her habit to cover her face in front of strangers. The Shaykh immediately retorted “The niqab is nothing but culture – it has absolutely no place whatsoever with the religion of Islam.†The Shaykh repeated his command and added, in a crude Egyptian dialect, “…and I know the religion better than you your parents.†A teacher also tried to intervene and said to the Shaykh that it was only because of his presence that the young lady was veiling her face. But the Shaykh insisted that the veil be removed. Finally, the young girl had to give in the senior most authority and helplessly unveiled herself. The Shaykh was still not satisfied and humiliated the innocent girl further buy saying in a crude expression Egyptian vernacular “Ama law kunti hilwa shuwaya la-amilti eh?â€(If you had even a little beauty I wonder what you would have done?)

He then went on and threatened to banish the niqaab in all public schools affiliated with Al-Azhar. We were also horrified to hear that a month prior to this incident, girls who had their faces covered were not allowed to enter Al-Azhar.

U.K.: At least three Islamic schools enforce compulsory niqab for girls as young as 11

What's your point over here? JazakAllah. :-)

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

Tom you should read this thread about Niqab

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=25763.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=25763.html&[/url]

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Be careful with the link provided above by Lost_In_Paradise.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Why? I got it from this website and its a balanced approach recognising both sides.

Can you explain the opening post of that thread?

Three of the "niqab not obligatory" links fall back on the views of Albani, and the fourth one links to some BBC arts television show. Let alone the four schools, even among Wahhabis, Ibn Baaz and Ibn Uthaymeen have ruled that niqab is obligatory. Yet some weird assertions have been made in the opening post.

Take care, dear sister. :sl:

aakwrAllahwbHu

Can you explain the opening post of that thread?

Three of the "niqab not obligatory" links fall back on the views of Albani, and the fourth one links to some BBC arts television show. Let alone the four schools, even among Wahhabis, Ibn Baaz and Ibn Uthaymeen have ruled that niqab is obligatory. Yet some weird assertions have been made in the opening post.

Take care, dear sister. :sl:

No I just presumed it is reliable since the administrator of the site created it so I thought it would be useful for Tom, but if it is not then sorry.

aakwrAllahwbHu

No I just presumed it is reliable since the administrator of the site created it so I thought it would be useful for Tom, but if it is not then sorry.

The opening post is not reliable because it calls the minority opinion the majority opinion and the majority opinion the minority opinion of hardliners.

One thing to keep in mind is that awrah and niqab are different issues, and the majority opinion is that the face is required to be covered.

SALAM

if you know about this dont ask better its simple, such be with usa because money and whatever when they thinks the oposite so to my respect all goverments actually are same with this is just thinking in power and relations with anothers to keep the job just this, be sure they have another mind and think different, but job and money always same.

Be careful with the link provided above by Lost_In_Paradise.

i believe your post is misleading. you're not referring to the link provided by lady LOST IN PARADISE but you're referring to mine. :sl:

Edited by tom

Why? I got it from this website and its a balanced approach recognising both sides.

indeed the website in your post 78 is balanced. some scholars take niqab as obligatory, some dont. thats fair. they give muslim ladies especially those in france and europe some kind of relief that its not sinful when they dont wear niqab in compliance to ruling 'no niqab in public'. :sl:

no one is with that right.

peace. :sl:

The opening post is not reliable because it calls the minority opinion the majority opinion and the majority opinion the minority opinion of hardliners.

One thing to keep in mind is that awrah and niqab are different issues, and the majority opinion is that the face is required to be covered.

peace. :sl:

in France is no one agree with that its such an idea from Sarkozy and his good friend Obama anymore.

aakwrAllahwbHu

i believe your post is misleading. you're not referring to the link provided by lady LOST IN PARADISE but you're referring to mine.

Are you sister Lost_In_Paradise? If not then change your belief. :-)

aakwrAllahwbHu

indeed the website in your post 78 is balanced. some scholars take niqab as obligatory, some dont. thats fair.

Don't lie and create fitna amongst Muslims. The majority opinion is that niqab is obligatory, it is not a case of "some do and some don't". :-)

Are you sister Lost_In_Paradise? If not then change your belief. :-)

am i gonna be in trouble??

lets review the posts -

my post 72 refers to U.K.: At least three Islamic schools enforce compulsory niqab for girls as young as 11

my post 74 refers to Sheikh Tantawi, Egypt’s top cleric dies aged 81

lady LOST IN PARADISE's post 78 refers to IF thread The Issue Of Niqab In Islam

your post 79 says Be careful with the link provided above by Lost_In_Paradise. this 'link' gonna mean IF thread The Issue Of Niqab In Islam

your post 81 refers to Three of the "niqab not obligatory" links fall back on the views of Albani, and the fourth one links to some BBC arts television show. Let alone the four schools, even among Wahhabis, Ibn Baaz and Ibn Uthaymeen have ruled that niqab is obligatory. Yet some weird assertions have been made in the opening post. and that's in Islamicweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link) and others (i've yet to read through). oops. i've made a blunder. i thought you're referring to U.K.: At least three Islamic schools enforce compulsory niqab for girls as young as 11. beg your pardon sire. :sl:

Edited by tom

Don't lie and create fitna amongst Muslims. The majority opinion is that niqab is obligatory, it is not a case of "some do and some don't". :-)

according to wikipedia 'fitna' is an arabic word with connotations of secession, upheaval and chaos. o no, i dont mean to disrupt the peace among muslims here. you're right - majority muslims are of the opinion niqab is obligatory. my generalizing ' some do some dont' is unwarranted. beg your pardon again sire. :sl:

Edited by tom

aakwrAllahwbHu

am i gonna be in trouble??

:-)) Not with me, inshallah. :-)

i've made a blunder. i thought you're referring to U.K.: At least three Islamic schools enforce compulsory niqab for girls as young as 11. beg your pardon sire.

you're right - majority muslims are of the opinion niqab is obligatory. my generalizing ' some do some dont' is unwarranted. beg your pardon again sire.

Glad you sorted it out, brother.

And, again, what's your point about the three Islamic schools enforcing niqab on girls as young as 11? JazakAllah. :-)

And, again, what's your point about the three Islamic schools enforcing niqab on girls as young as 11? JazakAllah. :-)

dont think i'm making a point, its a matter of am highlighting the heading of an article. if you're asking me whether i agree with it? indeed i do. my opinion is irrelevant nonetheless. on the other hand i've the impression you're strongly in favour of niqab. even for girls as young as 11? :sl:

aakwrAllahwbHu

dont think i'm making a point, its a matter of am highlighting the heading of an article. if you're asking me whether i agree with it? indeed i do. my opinion is irrelevant nonetheless. on the other hand i've the impression you're strongly in favour of niqab. even for girls as young as 11?

So you agree with those three Islamic schools? Cool. My personal opinion, too, is irrelevant. But I perhaps do have something relevant.

A few lines from one of the links you earlier provided:

Philip Hollobone, the Tory MP who has attempted to bring in a Private Members' Bill to ban wearing of the burka in public, also condemned the schools' uniform policies.

"It is very sad in 21st century Britain that three schools are effectively forcing girls as young as 11 to hide their faces," he said.

"How on earth are these young ladies going to grow up as part of a fully integrated society if they are made to regard themselves as objects at such a young age?"

Perhaps here's how we can integrate them:

Philly Gives Condoms to 11-Year-Olds

Recent survey of West Philly sixth graders found that 25 percent of them have sex

There is also an explicit animation of how to insert a female condom, which includes depictions of sex.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnbcphiladelphia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/local/City-Gives-Condoms-to-11-Year-Olds-119769714.html"]Source[/url]

In North America we have freedom of religion and expression. If you ask most North Americans what they think of the burka or any facial coverings by Muslim women, thay'll tell you that they don't like it. This is an Arab cultural practice. It can't be religious because millions of Muslim women in other areas reject it . Arab culture in the west is very foreign but we are an accepting people- unlike some Muslim countries that take to murdering Christians. Western women wear head scarves, out of respect when visiting Muslim countries. Why would Muslim women not respect our ways when in our countries? It is like spitting in our faces when we see this. There is an old saying...."When in Rome, do as the Romans do" The other point is that the west sees this burka thing as an affront to women. We all know how many middle eastern men are afraid of the power of women. This is why they try to control them. Just don't do it in my country. I will support their right to wear these cloth prisons, because we are a free society, but I defend my right o be highly offended.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do" ...

We all know how many middle eastern men are afraid of the power of women. This is why they try to control them. .

That saying is hypocritical.

And most women do it because they really want it

In North America we have freedom of religion and expression. If you ask most North Americans what they think of the burka or any facial coverings by Muslim women, thay'll tell you that they don't like it. This is an Arab cultural practice. It can't be religious because millions of Muslim women in other areas reject it . Arab culture in the west is very foreign but we are an accepting people- unlike some Muslim countries that take to murdering Christians. Western women wear head scarves, out of respect when visiting Muslim countries. Why would Muslim women not respect our ways when in our countries? It is like spitting in our faces when we see this. There is an old saying...."When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

The problem with this post is that the women who live in western countries and who want to wear the Hijab, are not the same people who disallow non-Muslims from dressing the way their religion expects them to. These women are a victim of a childish "Your people won't let us do what we want, so we're gunna take out our anger on you" game.

The other point is that the west sees this burka thing as an affront to women. We all know how many middle eastern men are afraid of the power of women. This is why they try to control them. Just don't do it in my country. I will support their right to wear these cloth prisons, because we are a free society, but I defend my right o be highly offended.

So basically, non-Muslims don't want Muslim women to wear the burqa because Muslim men want them to wear the Burqa. In other words, Muslim women can't choose for themselves - either Muslim men choose for them, or non-Muslims do so.

Reminds me of this time I went to a park and this man started yelling nonsense about how America is the land of the free and I shouldn't be wearing a Hijab. Nothing says freedom like a stranger telling you how to dress.

Salam.