Islamic Forum
bandar

Six Million Africans Muslims Leave Islam Every Year

mrhyder,

You are saying that shoebat and anani were not terrorists, but can you provide evidence proving that they were not Muslims?

My point is that the statements by Ahmad al Katani are filled with lies and misinformation and anti-Christian propaganda! Refer to post #42 and #45. He also claims that the only Muslims who leave Islam are poor and illiterate, when there are many scholars and other notable people who have left Islam as shown.

Both (shoebat and anani) of them may or may not have been Muslims; but to lie to such an extent about their past, puts serious doubts in their other claims, don't you think. If they found truth in christianity that is not a problem, but to surround that with such long fascinating lies, puts serious doubts in my mind.

I won't comment on Ahmed Katanis claims; but I do know it to be true in third world countries, people who do convert are poor. There was a public reversion not too far back in india of the hindus, who were lured to christianity with promises of food, schooling and money to build their homes; but when they found the promisses empty they reverted back to hinduism.

PropellerAds
Even in modern Arabic, a commonly used term for a black person is 'Abd' which means slave!! How disgusting.

'Abd is not a commonly used term for a black person in Arabic. I have never heard it being used for a black person before this. There are ignorants and racists among all people. Racial slurs are very common among all peoples, but don't try to make it look like even in the Arabic language the term for a black person is Abd. It is a racial slur, not a common term.

Anyway, this has got nothing to do with Islam. There are a lot of ignorants among Muslim. They don't follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh). The Prophet (pbuh) said that an Arab is not superior to a non-Arab, nor is a white person superior to a black one. Moreover, some of his most notable companions were black. The most famous probably being Bilal (ra) who had a huge stone put on him and was told to leave Islam, but he kept on repeating "Ahadun, Ahadun" which means "Alone, Alone", one of God's Names which means that there is one God alone. He underwent a lot of torture before he was bought and freed by Abu Bakr (ra).Bilal (ra) was also the Muadhin of the Prophet's (pbuh) mosque, the prayer caller. Later when the pagans of Quraish fought the Muslims, Bilal (ra) killed his disbelieving ex-master who used to torture him for being a Muslim.

Other less-known companions, though not any less in status, are Barakah (ra) and Usama (ra). Baraka (ra) was a black Ethiopian slave-girl of the Prophet's (pbuh) mother. She used to look after the Prophet (pbuh) when he was a child, so the Prophet (pbuh) used to address her as "Ummi", "Mom" (even when he became an adult) , and loved her a lot. She was a great champion of Islam. I say champion because she went through great ordeals. She later married the Prophet's (pbuh) adopted son Zayd (ra). Zaid (ra) married her although she was much older than him when the Prophet (pbuh) said that whoever wants to marry a woman of Paradise should marry Umm Aiman (which is Barakah's nickname). They had a son together called Usama (ra) whom the Prophet (pbuh) loved like his own grandson. Usama narrates that the Prophet (pbuh) used to sit him and his grandson al-Hasan (ra) in his lap when they were kids. The Prophet (pbuh) said prayed to God saying, "God, I love these two, so love them". The Prophet (pbuh) ordered that Usama should lead an army, too, against Byzantine forces, and he did after the Prophet's (pbuh) death.

One interesting story is of a Beduin man who came to the Prophet (pbuh) to complain to him about his wife giving birth to a black baby boy. He wanted to disown the child because he suspected his wife of adultery. The Prophet (pbuh) asked him if he had camels to which he replied that he had. Then he asked him what color were they. He said that the camels were red. Then the Prophet (pbuh) asked him were there any grey ones among them to which the man replied that indeed there were. Then the Prophet (pbuh) said that this is the case with your son and he forbade him to disown the black baby.

The Prophet (pbuh) also commanded people not call their slaves as slaves, rather they should call them "boy" or "girl".

Unfortunately racisms persits. Muslims need to start following Islam. Like the Prophet (pbuh) said, all mankind is from Adam (pbuh) and Adam (pbuh) was created from dust.

Dr. Mustafa (now Dr. Mark Gabriel) - Former Muslim Imam, Ex-Professor in Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt (Most prestigious Islamic school of theology), and author of several well-known books discussing Islam

An Imam and ex-professor of Al-Azhar University cannot really be this dumb about Islam or can he....well watch the video for yourself

QUOTE(Mrs. J [at] May 19 2011, 08:13 AM)

Even in modern Arabic, a commonly used term for a black person is 'Abd' which means slave!! How disgusting.

The name of king of Saudi Arabia is Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz

You will hardly find a muslim family who doesn't have some cousin or family number with Abd in their name. Muslims feel proud to call themselves Abd-ullah..Slave of Allah. I have never heard any Muslim refer to any person of african decent as an abd. And I have been around Arabs for a long long time. And like brother Younis has said those who would use the word Abd in a derogatory way to describe a certain race of people, then they are not following the teachings of the Prophet and the Quran. Islam teaches brotherhood. Like I said every Muslim family has someone or knows someone who has the word Abd associated with their name; so it sounds more strange that someone would use a common word like that in a racist way.

Edited by mrhyder

First of all, Islam is still going to be the fastest growing religion. South Africa is already known for their major AID issues, so morally, they're not considered Muslims (besides it's north Africa where there's majority of the Muslims). Second, if you're trying to indirectly say that Islam has a greater loss than Christianity (for some reason, it's always a competition between the two in people's heads), there are more people in Christianity who convert to atheists every year than any other religion. And don't give me junk saying, "Islam would've had more converts to atheism if the Quran didn't threat that they would go to hell." Because just like in the Quran, the Bible it also says non-believers will go to hell, and if a Muslim really wanted to become an atheist because they didn't believe a single bleep about Islam, then they would've because they wouldn't be scared of a religion that they didn't believe in.

Can someone answer me as to why muslim countries don't seem to be there to help in non muslim countries when there is a disaster? Christian organizations help anyone, anywhere. Yes, they often try to convert people, but I've not heard of instances where they've refused aid to anyone if they didn't convert. Western nations help out muslims during disasters. I have heard of a Masjid in Canada that joined in with christians and jews to help out during a time of need. I never saw that before or since. It always seems to be 'muslims for muslims and no one else' This is certainly the impression most people get. Someone prove me wrong. I'd like to think I'm wrong in this case.

Some major Muslim countries have helped to their best ability, IF ONLY I COULD POST A LINK TO IT (I don't have enough posts). Besides, have you seen what's happened to countries like Egypt, Libya, and stuff? They have horrible dictators. Most of all their governments are horribly corrupt. They weren't chosen to represent the country by the people. So obviously you can't blame Muslims in general for the horrible Muslim countries' governments. You even just said that you heard of a Masjid in Canada that helped out. Also a lot of Muslim countries are poor and in need themselves. When you say western nations help out, that's because they're richer and have more resources. It's not really about religion when you help out other countries and people. It's mostly about who controls the government and if they're bad people and who has enough resources.

And don't give me junk saying, "Islam would've had more converts to atheism if the Quran didn't threat that they would go to hell."...

O.K. How about THIS junk... More muslims would convert to other religions or atheism if the countries they lived in wouldn't kill them for it. :sl:

O.K. How about THIS junk... More muslims would convert to other religions or atheism if the countries they lived in wouldn't kill them for it. :sl:

I was also going to mention that over used one but I couldn't edit. Most Muslim countries also allow practice of other religions as long as they don't spread the idea of it in the country (this rule mostly applies to Middle East countries besides Saudi Arabia which is straight up too strict [does so many things against the Quran]). South Asian Muslim countries are more open to it, for instance, Indonesia has 14% non-Muslims while it is the top country for the highest Muslim population. Second comes in India which only has 14% Muslims, then comes Pakistan which has 5% others beside Muslims (that's over 4 million people), etc. With that being said, when you say "More muslims would convert to other religions or atheism if the countries they lived in wouldn't kill them for it," I think you're mostly implying that on Saudi Arabia which is popularly known for that because their government is straight up retarded and corrupt. If any other countries do that, it's out of plain ignorance and hatred and it would be considered a hate crime or murder just like how it would be in America. Religious hatred is really no different from racial hatred, it's still hatred. I'm comparing those because racial hatred is a bigger problem in this world than religious hatred. Anyway, as I was saying about Saudi Arabia, it's population is only 25 million, less than the population of California. If... let's say, 1/10 of the population for some reason decided they wanted to convert out of Islam in Saudi, that would only mean only 2.5 million people. Which is really nothing compared to the 22.5 million left who'll able to have a bigger generation of Muslims than that 2.5 million. And if people want to convert out of Islam in other countries (you can look up any country you want to see if they have any churches or temples for proof), they are free too with a few restrictions as I stated in the beginning. Got something to say now? :sl:

You probably don't see a lot of Muslim charities in the West because Muslims are recent immigrants. You need a solid (financial) background before you can set up a major charity organization. Muslims just don't have the infrastructure in place at the moment. Christians obviously have.

I disagree, Younes. There are established charities such as Muslim hands, Islamic Relief, etc. They were out in full force on the streets of London during Pakistan floods, yet nowhere to be seen when the Haiti quake hit. "Recent immigrants" is not accurate either. Immigration to the West began decades ago, and there are some well established and successful Muslim families. You also can't just blame the governments, because lay people can either help or ignore minority groups in Muslim lands that suffer. In some of these countries, the discrimination is institutionalised.

Unfortunately racisms persits. Muslims need to start following Islam. Like the Prophet (pbuh) said, all mankind is from Adam (pbuh) and Adam (pbuh) was created from dust.

I am not dark skinned, being mixed race I look a bit Indian/Arab. However, having traveled to the Middle East and N Africa, I have seen it happen to strangers and people I know have complained about it to. Isn't there some hadeeth in which Muhammad said Arabs are the best because they received him first? Muhammad did not discourage the enslavement of blacks, I read one hadith in which he exchanged two black slaves in order to free a slave who became a convert.

Also:

The word 'abd - Arabic for "slave" - was often used in our household when I was a child. In fact, it was so common that I had no awareness of its negative connotations until well into my teenage years. My father's family, a proud northern Sudanese clan, used it to refer to anyone who had darker skin than themselves - from southern Sudanese house servants to migrants from Darfur. Sometimes there was a clear intent to demean, but at other times it was used almost affectionately - for example, when addressing a particularly dark-skinned or thick-lipped child.

This was a kind of racism that no one ever challenged or addressed, and it was, through a child's eyes, very straightforward: on a scale of colour, lighter was good, darker was bad. The word 'abd, although strictly meaning "slave" or "servant", became synonymous with negritude. Even my Islamic heritage reinforced this with quotes from the Prophet Muhammad such as "You should listen to and obey your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian [ie black] slave whose head looks like a raisin" (Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256).

When we moved to post-colonial East Africa in the 1980s, 'abd was seamlessly transferred to the locals with whom we interacted only in their capacity as domestic staff or grounds-keepers at international schools. While I myself was "black" of North African descent, my family believed its Arab roots were somehow genetically dominant, giving us smaller features and a marginally lighter skin tone - thus deeming ourselves to be an entirely a different race from the "pure" Africans.

Our next move was to Saudi Arabia, where the Arab ethnicity with which I identified so strongly was suddenly cast into doubt: now it was my turn to be the "slave". My belief that I was an Arab, racially superior to non-Arab Africans, became laughable in the heartland of Arabia - a place where "Arabness" was not only determined by skin colour but by whether you could uninterruptedly trace your lineage back to the founding father of your clan. In fact, ancestry is so important in Saudi Arabia that courts have the power to annul a marriage if gaps are later discovered in a person's lineage, opening up the possibility of blood line pollution.

Beneath the unforgiving scrutiny of such standards, my proud North African Arabic identity crumbled. Somehow, however, it still made some sense and fell into place in a racial spectrum where, at least, I was not on the bottom rung. I could scarcely complain, since among Saudi women themselves there was a brutal selection process where lighter-skinned women were preferred as wives, who in turn were trumped by the blonde blue-eyed babes from Lebanon who dominated satellite TV and the second-wife market.

Eventually, back in Sudan, I was introduced to another logic that negated all that had gone before. In some inverse double bluff, a new word was added to our lexicon: halabi, a pejorative term for Sudanese who are much lighter-skinned than the rest. Halabi actually means a person from Halab (Aleppo) in northern Syria but for some curious reason it was applied to the descendants of Egyptians or Arabian Bedouins who had settled in Sudan.

Apparently, the halabis were just as contemptible as "slaves" and the categorisation of individuals as such seemed even more arbitrary. A marriage suitor would be dismissed if he came from a tribe of slaves, regardless of the colour of his skin, but would equally be frowned upon if he were of Levantine or Egyptian origin. The former was due to his race (irrespective of its physical manifestations) and the latter to his dubious ancestry. There seemed to be such a limited optimal colour/race/culture combination, all underscored by some vague definition of honour (which, naturally, everybody else lacked) and rooted in an even more intangible notion of "origin" (asl), the dubiousness of which implied a lack of breeding. Never mind bemoaning the lack of a common Arab identity, there seemed to be categorisations ad infinitum and constantly moving goalposts. The prejudices cannot even be explained away as reflecting different cultural perceptions of beauty. Throughout Sudan, halabi girls are universally regarded more attractive than their darker counterparts; it is the whiff of a questionable origin - a visceral suspicion of difference - that condemns them, somehow, as less than honourable.

All this plays out against a backdrop of political and media messaging within the Arab world asserting that the Muslim Arab man, in human terms, is far superior to the occidental man. Bilal ibn Rabah, a black disciple of the Prophet Muhammad and first muezzin (caller to prayer) of Islam, is often held up by religious clerics as a symbol of the inclusiveness of Islam, while much is made of the perceived plight of African-Americans in the US.

Egyptian and Syrian soap operas set in colonial times paint the western colonisers as one-dimensional pillagers while western media and films are accused of depicting Arabs in a poor light. Historically, the lack of a modern institutionalised slavery system in the Arab world in addition to the absence of laws enshrining racial segregation (like those that existed in the US until the 20th century) enhances this sense of superiority in comparison to what is perceived to be the "modern" occident.

This sentiment in turn precipitates its own racial stereotype: that of a white man who is fundamentally racist ... polite and patronising ... but ultimately arrogant and fastidious in his belief that all other races are inferior.

Even if that were the case, it is a welcome relief to know where one stands.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetguardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/mar/05/apalershadeofblack"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetguardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...lershadeofblack[/url]

Abd, abid means slave, 'Abd (pl., 'abid): slave, esp. "black" slave, in traditional Arab Muslim slavery. [2][3][4]

It is attached to not only past and present slaves but to any blacks in general have been called the pejorative "Abid," which means black slave by northerners and the racist janjaweed Arab militas. From "Complicity with evil": the United Nations in the age of modern genocide (Adam LeBor): The Sudanese soldiers and Janjaweed abuse their victims as “Abid†or “Zurka,†meaning slave or “dirty black.â€, as the Janjaweed "clings to the notion of Arab racial identity," racism . Arabs (mainly the elite) in Sudan call non-Arab Africans abid or slave, and zurga, which means Black, but is used as a racial slur. The State Department report documents that Janjaweed raiders commonly use racial epithets such as, "Kill the slaves; Kill the slaves!" and "We have orders to kill all the black."Royal African Society says that the character of Arab supremacism is manifest in a racist vocabulary and in sexual violence. the term abid, to refer to all Darfurians, has been adopted by Some Arab supremacists to refer to non-Arab Darfurians. "'Abid also calls to mind the ambition for the Arabs to become masters of the hakura, with the other inhabitants reduced to subjugate." It has been especially during rapes of non-Arab women by the Arab fighters they've been calling the girls such Arabic slurs as “zurga†(black) and “abid.â€In another example, Hamesa (the victim) said, using a derogatory word meaning "blacks."'They said, You are abid, abid, abid. You cannot stay here", They said, we'll kill all the men in the village and we'll leave the women in the village like slaves to help us do everything we want."

Ironically, in Arab countries, particularly in the Gulf and Levant, Northern Sudanese Arabs are regularly addressed as 'abd, for their darker skin, regardless of how light they may be perceived back in Sudan.

Like other non-Arab minortities in the Middle East, blacks in Iraq have history of suffering racism from Arabs, The lighter-skinned children called her abid, which means slave. Black Iraqis consider it a serious insult. "Discrimination exists in our community," one black Iraqi[who?] has put it:" "When I hear Abid (slave), the first thing that comes to mind is a black man or black woman." Ayaan Hirsi Ali says "They called Haweya (her sister) and I Abid, which means, 'Slaves'. Being called a slave - the racial prejudice this term conveyed - was a big part of what I hated in Saudi Arabia".

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Abd_%28Arabic%29"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Abd_%28Arabic%29[/url]

The name of king of Saudi Arabia is Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz

Lights, I know that there are many names which include abd meaning slave/servant. However, to refer to a black person as abd simply because they are black is racist.

I disagree, Younes. There are established charities such as Muslim hands, Islamic Relief, etc. They were out in full force on the streets of London during Pakistan floods, yet nowhere to be seen when the Haiti quake hit. "Recent immigrants" is not accurate either. Immigration to the West began decades ago, and there are some well established and successful Muslim families. You also can't just blame the governments, because lay people can either help or ignore minority groups in Muslim lands that suffer. In some of these countries, the discrimination is institutionalised.

Is "Islamic Relief" as established as Christian charity organizations in the West? Do they have the same type of means? I don't think so. Are Muslims as established as Christians?

Recent is a relative term. Obviously I know that immigration began decades ago. However, Muslims are recent immigrants. Compare Muslim immigrants to the European people who immigrated to America. That's my point.

I don't blame the goverment solely, but goverments affect things drasticly. Look at what is happening in the Arab world. Did you read the links I linked in my reply to non-Muslim? Lay people do want to help.

I am not dark skinned, being mixed race I look a bit Indian/Arab. However, having traveled to the Middle East and N Africa, I have seen it happen to strangers and people I know have complained about it to. Isn't there some hadeeth in which Muhammad said Arabs are the best because they received him first? Muhammad did not discourage the enslavement of blacks, I read one hadith in which he exchanged two black slaves in order to free a slave who became a convert.

Well, Muhammad (pbuh) said in his greatest sermon that an Arab is not superior to an Arab, nor is a white person superior to a black one. He said this in his Final Sermon during his Farewell Pilgrimige in front of a 100 000 people. I haven't heard of a hadith which says that Arabs are the best because they received him first. Muhammad (pbuh) did not discourage the enslavement of blacks just as Jesus (pbuh) didn't. I didn't say that he did. My point is that Islam doesn't believe in racial superiority. He didn't discourage the enslavement of Arabs, either. My point was not even about slavery. It was about racism.

I don't know what hadith you have read. Do you think that the Prophet (pbuh) called Barakah (ra) "Ummi" and loved her because she was black? Do you think he loved her son Usama (who was black and looked his mother) and had him lead an entire army against Byzantium merely because he was black? Do you think he loved Bilal (ra) just because he was black? No, he loved them because they are believers of utmost character and went through great lengths for their faith. Before you even say that I used "because he was black" in a negative manner, I didn't. Do you think he loved Abu Bakr (ra) because he was an Arab? Do you think he loved Umar (ra) merely because he was a Quraishi? Islam doesn't believe in inherent racial superiority. It doesn't believe in racial superiority at all, nor tribal which was very big back in Pagan Arabia. Those Muslims who insult others because they are black, or white, or Asian, or whatever race are only hurting themselves in the end when they meet God.

Your stories about racism don't suprise me. I know first hand that racism is very, very prelevant. It is very common - among all peoples.

Even my Islamic heritage reinforced this with quotes from the Prophet Muhammad such as "You should listen to and obey your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian [ie black] slave whose head looks like a raisin" (Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256).

This is entirely stupid. First of all, he said you should listen to and obey your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian black slave whose head looks like a raisin. This is actually a positive hadith. It is a hyperbole and to understand you must understand Pagan Arabia. Blacks were regarded as inferior. So, you might understand the impact of it to the audience when it says that you must listen to a ruler although he is black and a slave to boot! You probably won't if you're one of those people who believe that any and every single comment that can be taken negatively is racist. If you think this hadith hadith reinforces the idea that blacks are slaves, then you are a bit silly. This is like understanding the story where Jesus (pbuh) is quoted saying something about not letting bread crumbs fall to the dogs as racist. That's actually a lot more negative. By the way, the Prophet (pbuh) had Usama who looked his Ethiopian mother lead an entire army, and he did in the reign of Abu Bakr (ra); though Usama (ra) was not a slave.

Salam.

This is truly saddening, indeed. But as long as they are faithful good hearted people, inshallah even they can go to heaven. Remember, Christians are still people of the book.

I am not dark skinned, being mixed race I look a bit Indian/Arab. However, having traveled to the Middle East and N Africa, I have seen it happen to strangers and people I know have complained about it to.

I'm brown-skinned as well and have never thought that Islam considers me inferior to those who are lighter than I am. In fact, one of the biggest reasons I'm so proud of Islam is because it looks beyond color, class, or lineage. I think you've had such a terrible experience with certain people that it has completely influenced how you perceive Islam. There are racists in every single culture. Even in Somalia, darker-skinned Africans (usually the Bantu) are called "adoon", which means slave in my language. Does that mean the term "adoon" is a racial slur if used in a different context? No. The same thing with 'abid. In fact, 'abid has a far greater meaning to a majority of Muslims. It means slave, but it refers primarily to being a slave to Allah.

Abdullah - Slave of Allah

Abdul-Rahman - Slave of the Merciful

Abdul-Hakim - Slave of the All-Wise

And so on and so forth.

You have to keep in mind that all Muslims on this forum are not from South Africa, or even from the Middle East. We're from all parts of the world. We use words in a global context, and really don't care if in some remote part of the world, it's a bad word. Because it means a lot more to us, and has had that meaning for a lot longer time.

Isn't there some hadeeth in which Muhammad said Arabs are the best because they received him first?

No, you are completely taking the Hadith out of context. It says that the Arabs who received him were the best of people because Allah CHOSE them to receive the prophet, not because of their skin color or nationality. Just as the children of israel were once the best of people:

O Children of israel, remember My blessing upon you, and that I gave you preference over the worlds [2:47]

This is not a superiority of race. It is a superiority of honor. Islam does not hold that one group is better than the other because of superficial things like race. In the final sermon that prophet Muhammad gave to his followers, he said:

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim, which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefor, do injustice to yourselves.

The Qur'an also supports this:

"O Mankind! We have created you from a male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah is he who has most Taqwa (God-consciousness) among of you. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." [49:13]

When prophet Muhammad spoke of racism and nationalism, he said: Leave it. It is rotten. [bukhari]

So no, there is no place for such nonsense in Islam.

Muhammad did not discourage the enslavement of blacks, I read one hadith in which he exchanged two black slaves in order to free a slave who became a convert.

You're saying the distinguishing factor between the slaves is race? What about the obvious fact that the two black men are not Muslim, whereas the man of unknown race (who could very well be black himself) is a Muslim? The reason the prophet freed the man was because he pledged allegience to the prophet and told him he was a Muslim. Then the owner came and demanded his slave back. Realizing that man was a slave but having an obligation to him because of the pledge, the prophet emancipated him. After that incident, the prophet never accepted a pledge until he asked if the person was free or a slave. The race of the two black slaves has no relevance.

And please don't insult Islam by saying "Muhammad did not discourage the enslavement of blacks". He prohibited the enslavement of ANYONE based on ANY reason other than warfare.

I'm sure you know the call to prayer that blares out from the speakers of every single Masjid on the planet. Guess who came up with it, and was the first person to give the call? Bilal Ibn Rabah, a black man of Ethiopian descent. If prophet Muhammad was a racist, he would not have acknowledged a legacy started by a man from an "inferior race", one that would be uttered by millions and millions of people for 1400 years. Also, Bilal himself was a slave at one point and he was bought and freed by Abu Bakr As-Siddiq, the prophet's closest companion. The reason he was freed was because of his religion. He was one of the earliest Muslims.

Salam.