Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AsadullahHamza

America And The Nuclear Bombing Of Japan

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Wikipedia entry:

During the war "annihilationist and exterminationalist rhetoric" was tolerated at all levels of U.S. society; according to the UK embassy in Washington the Americans regarded the Japanese as "a nameless mass of vermin".[90] Caricatures depicting Japanese as less than human, e.g. monkeys, were common.[90] A 1944 opinion poll that asked what should be done with Japan found that 13% of the U.S. public were in favor of the extermination of all Japanese: men, women, and children.[91][92]

News of the atomic bombing were greeted enthusiastically in the U.S.; a poll in Fortune magazine in late 1945 showed a significant minority of Americans wishing that more atomic bombs could have been dropped on Japan.[93] The initial positive response was supported by the imagery presented to the public (mainly the powerful mushroom cloud) and the censorship of photographs that showed corpses incinerated by the blast as well as photos of maimed survivors.

Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil aalameen.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

PropellerAds

'...News of the atomic bombing were greeted enthusiastically in the U.S...'

As it would have been by any other country in the world had they been in the same position as the U.S.

No soul has authority over another. Guidance and straying is a matter between God and you.

aakwrAllahwbHu

During the war "annihilationist and exterminationalist rhetoric" was tolerated at all levels of U.S. society

according to the UK embassy in Washington the Americans regarded the Japanese as "a nameless mass of vermin".[90] Caricatures depicting Japanese as less than human, e.g. monkeys, were common.

A 1944 opinion poll that asked what should be done with Japan found that 13% of the U.S. public were in favor of the extermination of all Japanese: men, women, and children.

News of the atomic bombing were greeted enthusiastically in the U.S.;

a poll in Fortune magazine in late 1945 showed a significant minority of Americans wishing that more atomic bombs could have been dropped on Japan.

Do you justify mass killing of civilians, mass hatred against them, enthusiasm over innocent deaths, and calls for more?

You have put Islam as your religion. :-) Perhaps you would like to justify your stand using the Quran and Sunnah.

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Al-‘Atheemu Al-Haleemu, la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbul ‘arshil-‘atheemi,

la ilaaha illaa Allaahu Rabbus-samaawaati wa Rabbul-ardhi wa Rabbul-‘arshil-kareemi

there is no god except Allah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne;

there is no god except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne.

'...A 1944 opinion poll that asked what should be done with Japan found that 13% of the U.S. public were in favor of the extermination of all Japanese: men, women, and children...'

What would a poll of the muslim world find if the question was 'Would you be in favor of exterminating all U.S. men, women and children' ? I think the numbers would be shocking.

aakwrAllahwbHu

Many extremists attempt to justify anomaly by falling back on a "what if" situation; what are you attempting with yours?

A 1944 opinion poll that asked what should be done with Japan found that 13% of the U.S. public were in favor of the extermination of all Japanese: men, women, and children.

News of the atomic bombing were greeted enthusiastically in the U.S.;

a poll in Fortune magazine in late 1945 showed a significant minority of Americans wishing that more atomic bombs could have been dropped on Japan.

It's clear that you are justifying the enthusiasm over the mass killing of innocent Japanese men, women, and children and the calls for their complete annihilation, but you need a better justification for your terrorist outlook. :-)

Edited by AsadullahHamza

When you to war against the Gog and Magogs there can be only a few results ;

1. Japan - defeated

2. Vietnam - not defeated but destroyed

3. Argentina - defeated

4. Egypt, Jordan, Syria - defeated

5. Lebanon/hezbollah - not defeated but destroyed

You can't defeat the Gog and Magogs; that is not a given - they'll only be defeated by Jesus Christ a.k.a. Isa son of Mariam.

But they can't also defeat the true muslims; that is also not a given - they know this that's why they hesitate to attack Iran or the Hezbollah.

It's clear that you are justifying the enthusiasm over the mass killing of innocent Japanese men, women, and children and the calls for their complete annihilation, but you need a better justification for your terrorist outlook. :-)

Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)."

In this command, Muhammad establishes that it is permissible to kill non-combatants in the process of killing a perceived enemy.

Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

...You have put Islam as your religion. :-) Perhaps you would like to justify your stand using the Quran and Sunnah....

Muslim (19:4321-4323) - Muhammad shrugs over the news that innocent children were killed in a raid by his men against unbelievers. His response: "They are of them (meaning the enemy)."

aakwrAllahwbHu

I have a Shia friend who goes around plucking ahadith to prove her point, and I will answer you as I answered her, though not in the exact same way. But, before that, is this the justification for your terrorist outlook regarding the killing of innocent Japanese men, women, and children, and its enjoyment?

I have a Shia friend who goes around plucking a hadith to prove her point,...

You asked, and I gave you what you asked for. I didn't write these things.

'Innocents' were killed by all sides. This wasn't something exclusive to the Allies. Ask the Koreans and Chinese about their occupation by the Japanese. The Japanese killed far more people in China and Korea than the two bombs did. The Germans started the bombing of civilian targets in England. It was a race for the nuke, and thank God the U.S. was first. In the long run, it probably saved many Japanese lives by making an invasion of Japan un needed. Not to mention the most important by-product : the saving of many U.S. lives.

Muslim (19:4321-4323) - Muhammad shrugs over the news that innocent children were killed in a raid by his men against unbelievers. His response: "They are of them (meaning the enemy)."

:sigh*

This is what happens when ignorant, if not down right foolish, start quoting hadiths. Binalwad, you didn't make a sincere effort to investigate the truth because you really don't care. All you cared about is proving a point.

Let's have a look at Sahih Muslim. Let's have a look at Hadiths that come before hadith numbers 4321-4323. Let's also look at under which sections the Hadiths are classified by Muslim (the compiler of the Hadith collection); this shows how the Hadiths have been understood by Islamic scholarship.

Chapter 8: PROHIBITION OF KILLING WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN WAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 019, Number 4319:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles fought by the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He disapproved of the killing of women and children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 019, Number 4320:

It is narrated by Ibn 'Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) forbade the killing of women and children.

Chapter 9: PERMISSIBILITY OF KILLING WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN THE NIGHT RAIDS, PROVIDED IT IS NOT DELIBERATE

Book 019, Number 4321:

It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said: They are from them.

Book 019, Number 4322:

It is narrated by Sa'b b. Jaththama that he said (to the Holy Prophet): Messenger of Allah, we kill the children of the polytheists during the night raids. He said: They are from them.

Book 019, Number 4323:

Sa'b b. Jaththama has narrated that the Prophet (may peace be upon him) asked: What about the children of polytheists killed by the cavalry during the night raid? He said: They are from them.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetusc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/019.smt.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetusc.edu/schools/college/crcc/en...im/019.smt.html[/url]

aakwrAllahwbHu

You asked, and I gave you what you asked for. I didn't write these things.

I asked a person who had put his religion as "Islam" to justify his support for those who called for the extermination of innocent Japanese men, women, and children and rejoiced at the mass killings. Are you the same?

'Innocents' were killed by all sides. This wasn't something exclusive to the Allies. Ask the Koreans and Chinese about their occupation by the Japanese. The Japanese killed far more people in China and Korea than the two bombs did. The Germans started the bombing of civilian targets in England. It was a race for the nuke, and thank God the U.S. was first. In the long run, it probably saved many Japanese lives by making an invasion of Japan un needed. Not to mention the most important by-product : the saving of many U.S. lives.

Put in other words, you are saying that if one side kills innocents the other side has every right to exterminate the innocents on the opposite side. That, basically, is your ideology? Targeted annihilation of innocent men, women and children? And rejoicing over it? :-)

Edited by AsadullahHamza

Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror' [/color]

This is a nice way to take things out of context. Quote a hadith about the killing of women and children, then quote another which speaks of terror. Very nice. The terror that is talked about here is the fear that God puts in the hearts of the enemy, not terror as in killing women and children.

Not to mention the most important by-product : the saving of many U.S. lives.

I guess we all know now where you are from.

Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)."

In this command, Muhammad establishes that it is permissible to kill non-combatants in the process of killing a perceived enemy.

Why, hello there, techie. :sl:

Narated By As-Sab bin Jaththama : The Prophet passed by me at a place called Al-Abwa or Waddan, and was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them." I also heard the Prophet saying, "The institution of Hima is invalid except for Allah and His Apostle." [saheeh Bukhari, Volumn 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 256]

First thing to note:

The companions of the prophet asked about exposing women and children to danger. This clearly indicates that attacking women and children was not the norm, but that because of the circumstances (it was dark), there was the chance that women and children might not be distinguishable from the enemy soldiers. They were not asking for permission to kill women and children; they were asking if there would be consequences on them if women and children were injured or killed in the darkness and confusion of battle.

What do they call this in the west, collateral damage?

As for killing women and children as a result of deliberate targetting, let me add to the Hadiths brother Younes posted.

Narated By Rabah ibn Rabi' : When we were with the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) on an expedition, he saw some people collected together over something and sent a man and said: See, what are these people collected around? He then came and said: They are round a woman who has been killed. He said: This is not one with whom fighting should have taken place. Khalid ibn al-Walid was in charge of the van; so he sent a man and said: Tell Khalid not to kill a woman or a hired servant. [sunan Abu Dawood, Book 008, Hadith Number 2663]

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab that a son of Kab ibn Malik (Malik believed that ibn Shihab said it was Abd ar-Rahman ibn Kab) said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbade those who fought ibn Abi Huqayq (a treacherous jew from Madina) to kill women and children. He said that one of the men fighting had said, 'The wife of ibn Abi Huqayq began screaming and I repeatedly raised my sword against her. Then I would remember the prohibition of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, so I would stop. Had it not been for that, we would have been rid of her.'" [Maliks Muwatta, Book 021, Hadith Number 008]

Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

Of course no one would want their enemy to be terrified of them. We all know the best way to win a battle is to sooth the heart of your enemy with kindness and love, right?

Brother Younes, I'm not sure if you remember techdiver, but don't be surprised if your sincere efforts are met with derision and mockery. Hopefully other members will benefit from your posts, insha'Allah. Edit: Didn't see brother Asadullah's posts. May Allah reward you both.

Salam.

So then you support the killing of innocent women and children. Shame, shame. You sound like you have a "terrorist outlook".

Salam.

So then you support the killing of innocent women and children. Shame, shame. You sound like you have a "terrorist outlook".Salam.

Where do I say I support it? What I am saying is that it isn't 'unique' to the Allies, yet I don't see any anti Japanese or Russian posts. All I see is anti-U.S. post, as is par for the course that is Gawaher. Your anti-Americanism is blatant and not even thinly veiled. Just cut to the chase and make a thread that says, 'I HATE THE U.S.A. !!!" But be sure to add the footnote, '... BUT I ENJOY THE EASY LIFE AND FREEDOMS THAT THE U.S.A. GIVES ME !!' :sl:

Why, hello there, techie. :sl:

Hi, SnuggleStuff ! :no:

...Of course no one would want their enemy to be terrified of them. ...

See ! Didn't it feel good to harken back to your 'terrorist' roots ?

Brother Younes, I'm not sure if you remember techdiver, but don't be surprised if your sincere efforts are met with derision and mockery.

How could he forget me ? I just call 'em the way I see 'em. Don't be stupid and you won't get told you're stupid. Simple. :sl:

Another thing (there ALWAYS is). Why is it that when someone asks for something in the quran or hadith, and an infidel posts it, it's always' taken out of context' ? That excuse is getting OLD. It's always context or translation. Like no one except muslims can understand this stuff. You asked... I produced. Hey, I didn't write this stuff, your guys did. :sl:

Where do I say I support it? What I am saying is that it isn't 'unique' to the Allies, yet I don't see any anti Japanese or Russian posts. All I see is anti-U.S. post, as is par for the course that is Gawaher. Your anti-Americanism is blatant and not even thinly veiled. Just cut to the chase and make a thread that says, 'I HATE THE U.S.A. !!!" But be sure to add the footnote, '... BUT I ENJOY THE EASY LIFE AND FREEDOMS THAT THE U.S.A. GIVES ME !!' :sl:

You could have made a good point with the first three lines, but all of that "anti-Americanism" stuff is overkill. But there is nothing fair about war, that much is true.

Another thing (there ALWAYS is). Why is it that when someone asks for something in the quran or hadith, and an infidel posts it, it's always' taken out of context' ? That excuse is getting OLD. It's always context or translation. Like no one except muslims can understand this stuff. You asked... I produced. Hey, I didn't write this stuff, your guys did.

You wouldn't get it wrong so much if you actually studied the stuff.

How could he forget me ? I just call 'em the way I see 'em. Don't be stupid and you won't get told you're stupid. Simple.

What's this, grade school recess? Show a little more of that American class, techie.

Salam.