Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
In War with me

Rodents And Purity

Assalamu alaikum war wab

This is pretty urgent.My house has been invaded by rats!!Eweah.I find them in our baggages where clothes are present. I find dropping(yuck!!) too. Imagining, dipping all those stuffs in water (for cleaning them) makes my head dizzy. Need a clear fatwa about rodents and najasha(impurity).

I m searching,but not found one yet.Please help.

PropellerAds

Maybe this is helpful for you:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/2896"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/2896[/url]

You need a fatwa before you deal with a rat infestation in your home ? Are you kidding ? KILL THE RATS !!!

You need a fatwa before you deal with a rat infestation in your home ? Are you kidding ? KILL THE RATS !!!

She is not asking whether she should kill the rats, that's a given. She's asking about their droppings' implications on ritual impurity.

We're still wearing those clothes on the basis that,nothing is impure until its confirmed to be. Read something like this in Islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link).Pray I m correct.

But pls do ask some scholars u know.

[at]Lost_In_Paradise,Thank you sister,I've read that too.

:sl:

You should just was the clothes so they are clean from the droppings and that it's it. That is what you do with all things that render things clothes impure.

There are too many things in the room that the rats are present. and we use most of them. I fear waswaas.Once I start washing them,I might get paranoid about my everything else present.plus where will I dry them All?Ugh...

But if its confirmed,I may not mumble like this(Insha Allah).

:sl:

The way you get rid of Waswas is pretty simple. If you see impurities such as droppings, then you wash it. If you don't see any, then you don't and you assume that there is not any. You don't make negative assumptions and become paranoid. That's the principle they teach you in Fiqh. If you see filth, wash it. If not, then don't start assuming the worst.

Inshaa Allah, you will get rid of these rats quickly. Amen.